Villanova 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
greg11a
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby greg11a » Thu May 06, 2010 11:35 am

Villanova is my only holdout, I even heard from Fordham at this point, they are definitely the slowest.

User avatar
SportsFanatic
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby SportsFanatic » Thu May 06, 2010 11:36 am

Finally a decision after 4 months. Wait listed. I will be withdrawing. I have never been so excited to get a wait list decision.

User avatar
mikeyp
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby mikeyp » Thu May 06, 2010 2:13 pm

jman77 wrote:I think you misunderstood my basic argument. I am not saying LOCI's are less effective now than they were before. I am saying that if I was seriously considering attending Villanova back then, I probably am no longer considering them now because in the time it took them to put my file in review and WL me, I have since gotten a lot of really great offers and have narrowed down my choices, and have put down deposits, etc. I would have written that LOCI at an earlier time; I will not right now. And I am sure several other applicants in the same situation have a similar perspective.

Hope that clarifies things.

Ah I see. Good luck!

greyhoodies
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby greyhoodies » Fri May 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Waitlisted today...finally.

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby badpixie » Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

In Review today. Submitted 3/3, complete 3/18 (although everything was submitted with the app, so no idea why it took 2+ weeks to go complete).

User avatar
WithGrace23
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby WithGrace23 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Accepted today via status checker. And that rounds out my cycle....

I wonder if any scholarships are still out there?

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:12 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:Accepted today via status checker. And that rounds out my cycle....

I wonder if any scholarships are still out there?


I believe they sent out a wave of scholarships after the first April 15th deadline, so its possible they may have kept some $ in reserve for later acceptances; though this late in the game I wouldn't get my hopes up much. Good luck in either case.

greg11a
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby greg11a » Wed May 12, 2010 8:47 am

Accepted to Villanova via status checker. That completes my cycle with no denials, I guess I should have applied to some higher ranked schools.

akeller2891
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby akeller2891 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:07 pm

Hello and congratulations to those of you who have finally made it off of the WL. My stats are 157/3.5. Do I have a chance of getting accepted or should I just give up.

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:22 pm

akeller2891 wrote:Hello and congratulations to those of you who have finally made it off of the WL. My stats are 157/3.5. Do I have a chance of getting accepted or should I just give up.

I think its hard for anyone on this board to give an educated answer for that(unless they have gotten off the WL recently) I would say send in a LOCI and keep in touch with admissions. They're very friendly and helpful. Good luck.

User avatar
WithGrace23
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby WithGrace23 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:16 am

Got an email with $20,000 scholarship a few days ago. Currently deciding between Villanova and Temple, and I have to reach a decision by Monday. I went to visit yesterday and the new building is really beautiful and the campus seems nice, but I'd still be getting more money from Temple, so I'm conflicted.

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:44 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:Got an email with $20,000 scholarship a few days ago. Currently deciding between Villanova and Temple, and I have to reach a decision by Monday. I went to visit yesterday and the new building is really beautiful and the campus seems nice, but I'd still be getting more money from Temple, so I'm conflicted.


I was in a similar situation so heres my two cents. As far as employment opps. go everyone I talked to(attorneys, judges, ect) said as long as you do well at either school the opportunities will roughly be about the same, a slight edge to Temple in Philly, more of an edge to Villanova outside of the Philly area. At the end of they day you need to choose where you feel the most comfortable and where you want to spend the next 3 years. HTH Good luck

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby NYVA311 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:53 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:Got an email with $20,000 scholarship a few days ago. Currently deciding between Villanova and Temple, and I have to reach a decision by Monday. I went to visit yesterday and the new building is really beautiful and the campus seems nice, but I'd still be getting more money from Temple, so I'm conflicted.


I'd go with Temple!

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Just got in off the waitlist, but unless this offer comes with money, I probably have to back out. I already got my apartment and stuff for another school. They would have told me in the e-mail if I got money right? And, obviously money is not to be expected. But, through some wacky chain of events it could happen.

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby dvd » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:29 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:17 pm

dvd wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Just got in off the waitlist, but unless this offer comes with money, I probably have to back out. I already got my apartment and stuff for another school. They would have told me in the e-mail if I got money right? And, obviously money is not to be expected. But, through some wacky chain of events it could happen.


I know - I got accepted several months ago, but I didn't get a single cent from them! I got money from higher ranked schools - what gives?

Seriously, 20k from Case. Waitlist from the lower ranked Villanova. I hear through, from an alum, that they are very stingy with money. I'm lucky enough that my dad will be covering the bulk of my law school, but, I would never want to submit him to sticker.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7238
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:04 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
dvd wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Just got in off the waitlist, but unless this offer comes with money, I probably have to back out. I already got my apartment and stuff for another school. They would have told me in the e-mail if I got money right? And, obviously money is not to be expected. But, through some wacky chain of events it could happen.


I know - I got accepted several months ago, but I didn't get a single cent from them! I got money from higher ranked schools - what gives?

Seriously, 20k from Case. Waitlist from the lower ranked Villanova. I hear through, from an alum, that they are very stingy with money. I'm lucky enough that my dad will be covering the bulk of my law school, but, I would never want to submit him to sticker.


Nova has higher medians, alas, it's tougher to get money.

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby dvd » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:22 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:27 pm

You guys think it's worth sending the "I got a better scholarship at a better school e-mail" or is that just obnoxious? Does nova offer need based grants?

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby dvd » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:31 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:34 pm

I mean, I wouldn't mind. It's unlikely. But, I guess it doesn't hurt to see. If they gave me some money, I would consider. Although, I'd be fucked in terms of the apartment in Cleveland I already signed a lease for/finding new housing.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Awkward e-mail sent. "It would be impossible for me to consider paying sticker when I got a half tuition scholarship at Case Western, but, I would still like to consider attending Villanova. Are there any financial options for me at this point?"

User avatar
rockababy123
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby rockababy123 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Please go to Case...I really want off of Villanova's waitlist lol. But seriously good luck!

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:43 pm

I probably will wind up sticking with my decision to go to Case, since it would be too difficult to switch things up now. But there is something very tempting about the idea of getting out of Cleveland. I've already been here for 4 years.

User avatar
rockababy123
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby rockababy123 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:56 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:I probably will wind up sticking with my decision to go to Case, since it would be too difficult to switch things up now. But there is something very tempting about the idea of getting out of Cleveland. I've already been here for 4 years.


I completely understand the need to "mix it up" and leave an area that you've been at for a while. I'm also interested to hear what Villanova will say to your email...you have an extremely strong case to argue for more money. Keep us posted!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”