Villanova 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LiveFree
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby LiveFree » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 pm

In a Nova today. 163/3.5

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby mhd08 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13 pm

LiveFree wrote:In a Nova today. 163/3.5


Congrats! When did you go 'under review'?

User avatar
Pretzel_Logic
Posts: 7797
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:26 pm

I've been sitting at complete for more than a month. I know that's nothing for a lot of people, but considering I've heard at least SOMETHING from all other six places I applied I find it very weird that Nova has not done anything yet.

I just want the decision I paid for, dang.

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Pretzel_Logic wrote:I've been sitting at complete for more than a month. I know that's nothing for a lot of people, but considering I've heard at least SOMETHING from all other six places I applied I find it very weird that Nova has not done anything yet.

I just want the decision I paid for, dang.


Thats the norm for the PA schools from what Ive seen (PSU, Temple, Nova; dont know about Pitt) hang in there, once you go into review they get back to you relatively quickly.

RP1983
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby RP1983 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:41 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:
jimicornerstone wrote:Just checked the status checker and I am "Under Review 03/13".. anyone have an idea of when I should expect a decision, or is this the kind of thing that will stay this way for a month? Went Complete 02/04.


I went "Under Review" on 3/15, and then today it changed to "Under Review" on 3/17. Thoughts?



Mine also did the same thing.

LiveFree
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby LiveFree » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:43 pm

mhd08 wrote:
LiveFree wrote:In a Nova today. 163/3.5


Congrats! When did you go 'under review'?


I think 3/2, but I can't remember for sure.

wesleyan splitter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby wesleyan splitter » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:46 pm

i went complete 12/17/09, and it still says "complete." any thoughts?
my lsat is 163, gpa is way low. however, i've been accepted already to higher ranked schools than nova, somehow.

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby sunshinefairy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:49 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:
coleab5 wrote:
jimicornerstone wrote:Just checked the status checker and I am "Under Review 03/13".. anyone have an idea of when I should expect a decision, or is this the kind of thing that will stay this way for a month? Went Complete 02/04.


Once I went under review, I was accepted within one day.

After I went 'under review' I got my acceptance within a few days.


How exciting!

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby dp73816 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Say it with me now - Wait Listed! Im gonna give it til April 15, then withdraw

jimicornerstone
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jimicornerstone » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 pm

RP1983 wrote:
sunshinefairy wrote:
jimicornerstone wrote:Just checked the status checker and I am "Under Review 03/13".. anyone have an idea of when I should expect a decision, or is this the kind of thing that will stay this way for a month? Went Complete 02/04.


I went "Under Review" on 3/15, and then today it changed to "Under Review" on 3/17. Thoughts?



Mine also did the same thing.



I'm still on the same date.. and it was 3/12 not 3/13.

jimicornerstone
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jimicornerstone » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Also another mistake, mine says "In Review" as opposed to "Under Review". Is this the same with everyone else?

56ace
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby 56ace » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:25 pm

jimicornerstone wrote:Also another mistake, mine says "In Review" as opposed to "Under Review". Is this the same with everyone else?


My status says "In Review" as well.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby stayway » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 pm

oh well. they can't increase the scholarship but leaning toward villanova anyways.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby keg411 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:34 pm

"In Review" (for the first time) - 3/17
Took long enough!

b.j.
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby b.j. » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:48 pm

keg411 wrote:"In Review" (for the first time) - 3/17
Took long enough!


Same here.

While I am cautiously hopeful that Villanova won't automatically reject me, I am not sure if I can wait long without going nuts. A quick decision almost certainly won't be an acceptance, but I am not sure how I will react to Villanova holding my application as long as Pitt has (3 weeks ago counting, as of today).

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby sunshinefairy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:38 pm

56ace wrote:
jimicornerstone wrote:Also another mistake, mine says "In Review" as opposed to "Under Review". Is this the same with everyone else?


My status says "In Review" as well.


Yup, "In Review" - 3/17...ah! Let me know when you all hear anything!

roecyris
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:18 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby roecyris » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Got an e-mail today: waitlisted and I'll take it! haha. My numbers are 3.35/158 with decent softs and nicely written LOR's. I'm psyched about the chance to get into Villanova since I want to practice in Philly and was rejected from Penn State which has a very solid Alumni base. That being said I'm already in at Rutgers-Camden which also works for practicing in Philly (though obviously not as strongly as Villanova or even Temple).

My first choice is still Temple U., but I havnt heard back and a close fraternity friend with slightly better numbers and good connections was rejected 2 weeks ago, so it looks like I'm Villanova or bust until I'm told otherwise!!

:)

Best of luck still to everyone else waiting like me!

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby SpencerPratt » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Woohoo

Went from Complete 9/28 to Review 3/17!

I had pretty much forgotten about Villanova, but an acceptance would be nice!

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:Woohoo

Went from Complete 9/28 to Review 3/17!

I had pretty much forgotten about Villanova, but an acceptance would be nice!


still complete 11/13. Two and a half more months of being ignored and I will finally beat you, Spencer!!! :P

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby dp73816 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:11 pm

roecyris wrote:Got an e-mail today: waitlisted and I'll take it! haha. My numbers are 3.35/158 with decent softs and nicely written LOR's. I'm psyched about the chance to get into Villanova since I want to practice in Philly and was rejected from Penn State which has a very solid Alumni base. That being said I'm already in at Rutgers-Camden which also works for practicing in Philly (though obviously not as strongly as Villanova or even Temple).

My first choice is still Temple U., but I havnt heard back and a close fraternity friend with slightly better numbers and good connections was rejected 2 weeks ago, so it looks like I'm Villanova or bust until I'm told otherwise!!

:)

Best of luck still to everyone else waiting like me!




Your cycle sounds just like mine, with the same exact schools. I too got waitlisted today - I bet we were in the same pile on some admissions officers desk

roecyris
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:18 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby roecyris » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 pm

dp73816 wrote:
roecyris wrote:Got an e-mail today: waitlisted and I'll take it! haha. My numbers are 3.35/158 with decent softs and nicely written LOR's. I'm psyched about the chance to get into Villanova since I want to practice in Philly and was rejected from Penn State which has a very solid Alumni base. That being said I'm already in at Rutgers-Camden which also works for practicing in Philly (though obviously not as strongly as Villanova or even Temple).

My first choice is still Temple U., but I havnt heard back and a close fraternity friend with slightly better numbers and good connections was rejected 2 weeks ago, so it looks like I'm Villanova or bust until I'm told otherwise!!

:)

Best of luck still to everyone else waiting like me!




Your cycle sounds just like mine, with the same exact schools. I too got waitlisted today - I bet we were in the same pile on some admissions officers desk


Hopefully the nicest admissions officer in the planet and we'll both be hanging out at Villanova next year, haha.

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby dp73816 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:33 am

roecyris wrote:
dp73816 wrote:
roecyris wrote:Got an e-mail today: waitlisted and I'll take it! haha. My numbers are 3.35/158 with decent softs and nicely written LOR's. I'm psyched about the chance to get into Villanova since I want to practice in Philly and was rejected from Penn State which has a very solid Alumni base. That being said I'm already in at Rutgers-Camden which also works for practicing in Philly (though obviously not as strongly as Villanova or even Temple).

My first choice is still Temple U., but I havnt heard back and a close fraternity friend with slightly better numbers and good connections was rejected 2 weeks ago, so it looks like I'm Villanova or bust until I'm told otherwise!!

:)

Best of luck still to everyone else waiting like me!




Your cycle sounds just like mine, with the same exact schools. I too got waitlisted today - I bet we were in the same pile on some admissions officers desk


Hopefully the nicest admissions officer in the planet and we'll both be hanging out at Villanova next year, haha.


We'll see man...this is pretty aggravating...I applied in November. They could've done this shit months ago - I already got into Camden with a scholarship, so I doubt Villanova is gonna put up much of a fight if I get pulled off WL

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:12 pm

dp73816 wrote:We'll see man...this is pretty aggravating...I applied in November. They could've done this shit months ago - I already got into Camden with a scholarship, so I doubt Villanova is gonna put up much of a fight if I get pulled off WL


I applied in November too. I don't have a decision yet, but I agree- most schools have a deposit deadline in early April, and it's just plain rude that Villanova has made us wait this long. What they're doing is basically the equivalent of an applicant hoarding his acceptances until the deadline instead of withdrawing to open up space for other applicants, and I think we all understand why that's not okay...

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby stayway » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:06 pm

just got my financial aid information from Villanova. no need-based grants whatsoever. the loan amount is mind boggling.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7249
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby beach_terror » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:16 pm

If you got 15k, you're in pretty decent shape. 21k for tuition is reasonable, imo. Especially if you don't blow away their medians.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”