Villanova 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BruceBarr
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby BruceBarr » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Went into review on 2/18 and than again today (3/10)...

...i'm confused. Anyone have any opinions on this?

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby snowpeach06 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:26 pm

My app has been complete since 1/20. Before, I was fairly confident with a 161, even though I only have a 3.1/3.2 - but the longer I wait, the more I feel like a waitlist is comming. All this waiting is killing me. Most schools want the deposit by April 15th!

User avatar
bitlrc
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby bitlrc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:42 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:My app has been complete since 1/20. Before, I was fairly confident with a 161, even though I only have a 3.1/3.2 - but the longer I wait, the more I feel like a waitlist is comming. All this waiting is killing me. Most schools want the deposit by April 15th!


same here, but i went complete 1/8 with a 162 and 3.59. it's getting pretty frustrating since i've got some nice offers that i am considering and just want to make a decision.

also your tar is probably the most underrated show of all time

changeitup
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby changeitup » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 pm

bitlrc wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:My app has been complete since 1/20. Before, I was fairly confident with a 161, even though I only have a 3.1/3.2 - but the longer I wait, the more I feel like a waitlist is comming. All this waiting is killing me. Most schools want the deposit by April 15th!


same here, but i went complete 1/8 with a 162 and 3.59. it's getting pretty frustrating since i've got some nice offers that i am considering and just want to make a decision.

also your tar is probably the most underrated show of all time


totally feel the same way.
complete 1/7, 167, 3.52

I really want to know because while I haven't heard from 3 other schools as well, villanova is the only one at this point that could change where I end up going. haha this is also making me look at my status checker way too often.

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby sunshinefairy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:51 pm

changeitup wrote:
bitlrc wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:My app has been complete since 1/20. Before, I was fairly confident with a 161, even though I only have a 3.1/3.2 - but the longer I wait, the more I feel like a waitlist is comming. All this waiting is killing me. Most schools want the deposit by April 15th!


same here, but i went complete 1/8 with a 162 and 3.59. it's getting pretty frustrating since i've got some nice offers that i am considering and just want to make a decision.

also your tar is probably the most underrated show of all time


totally feel the same way.
complete 1/7, 167, 3.52

I really want to know because while I haven't heard from 3 other schools as well, villanova is the only one at this point that could change where I end up going. haha this is also making me look at my status checker way too often.


If it makes you feel better, I've been complete since 2/3 with a 153/3.8. Yah...

User avatar
devilishangelrjp
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby devilishangelrjp » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:59 pm

I would have withdrawn, but I'm so cheap, and because I paid $12 for a decision (sacrificing a tube of beautiful lipgloss that was limited time only) I want that decision.

User avatar
bitlrc
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby bitlrc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:23 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:I would have withdrawn, but I'm so cheap, and because I paid $12 for a decision (sacrificing a tube of beautiful lipgloss that was limited time only) I want that decision.


at least you got a fee waiver, i think i wasted $87 and may not get a decision before my seat deposits are due

at least the phils start soon, i can take my mind off of it

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby keg411 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Complete since 1/13 with a 165/sub3 :? .

changeitup
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby changeitup » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:24 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:I would have withdrawn, but I'm so cheap, and because I paid $12 for a decision (sacrificing a tube of beautiful lipgloss that was limited time only) I want that decision.


haha best reasoning ever. love it.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby snowpeach06 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:45 pm

bitlrc wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:My app has been complete since 1/20. Before, I was fairly confident with a 161, even though I only have a 3.1/3.2 - but the longer I wait, the more I feel like a waitlist is comming. All this waiting is killing me. Most schools want the deposit by April 15th!


same here, but i went complete 1/8 with a 162 and 3.59. it's getting pretty frustrating since i've got some nice offers that i am considering and just want to make a decision.

also your tar is probably the most underrated show of all time

I wouldn't say the most underrated (possibly in terms of critical acclaim though). But, it's up there. Thought the show was HILARIOUS, and very much wish it was still on. However, this goes for a number of other shows. RIP Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Pushing Daisies, Freaks and Geeks, Wonderfalls, The Days, and about a million more that I can't think of at the moment.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby snowpeach06 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:46 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:I would have withdrawn, but I'm so cheap, and because I paid $12 for a decision (sacrificing a tube of beautiful lipgloss that was limited time only) I want that decision.

For some reason I'm too retarded to figure out how to multi-quote. Anyway, I feel the same way. I couldn't withdraw, 1, because of the money I spent. 2. Because curiosity always gets the best of me. Even if it's a reject, I still want to know.

User avatar
bitlrc
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby bitlrc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:25 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
bitlrc wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:My app has been complete since 1/20. Before, I was fairly confident with a 161, even though I only have a 3.1/3.2 - but the longer I wait, the more I feel like a waitlist is comming. All this waiting is killing me. Most schools want the deposit by April 15th!


same here, but i went complete 1/8 with a 162 and 3.59. it's getting pretty frustrating since i've got some nice offers that i am considering and just want to make a decision.

also your tar is probably the most underrated show of all time

I wouldn't say the most underrated (possibly in terms of critical acclaim though). But, it's up there. Thought the show was HILARIOUS, and very much wish it was still on. However, this goes for a number of other shows. RIP Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Pushing Daisies, Freaks and Geeks, Wonderfalls, The Days, and about a million more that I can't think of at the moment.


did you ever watch 3 south? another mtv cartoon that was killed before its time. my friend and i are the only people i know who have ever heard of it, let alone watched it



.....but i digress

pjog
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby pjog » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Check your status kiddos...I went under review yesterday (applied 02/04). btw, did you know that most schools update your status after 6pm? I was told this by personnel at American and so now i'm only fretting about it after it hits that mark. Also, what's the deal with scholarships having already been doled out?

Congrats to those of you in :)

User avatar
bitlrc
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby bitlrc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:04 pm

pjog wrote:Check your status kiddos...I went under review yesterday (applied 02/04). btw, did you know that most schools update your status after 6pm? I was told this by personnel at American and so now i'm only fretting about it after it hits that mark. Also, what's the deal with scholarships having already been doled out?

Congrats to those of you in :)


still "complete". good luck though!!!

changeitup
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby changeitup » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:10 pm

bitlrc wrote:
pjog wrote:Check your status kiddos...I went under review yesterday (applied 02/04). btw, did you know that most schools update your status after 6pm? I was told this by personnel at American and so now i'm only fretting about it after it hits that mark. Also, what's the deal with scholarships having already been doled out?

Congrats to those of you in :)


still "complete". good luck though!!!


+1

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby badpixie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:14 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:I would have withdrawn, but I'm so cheap, and because I paid $12 for a decision (sacrificing a tube of beautiful lipgloss that was limited time only) I want that decision.


+1

onetimeonly95
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby onetimeonly95 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Still complete since 1/11..what the eff nova'???

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:24 pm

onetimeonly95 wrote:Still complete since 1/11..what the eff nova'???


It took me about two months to go from complete to accepted. Nova is slow with their turn around it seems. Hang in there guys.

User avatar
Onion
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby Onion » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Applied 12/29 went "In Review" yesterday (3/10)... How long for a decision after "In Review"?

User avatar
xj5
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby xj5 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Has anyone got any scholarship info in the past week and a half?

I'm going to be visiting Villanova and I'm hoping to meet with someone at the aid office to see if I will be offered anything. 164 and 3.65 has got me nothing so far.

Any ideas for how to approach the topic and leave with an offer? I don't want to come off to arrogant or anything, but I want them to know that even though I've gotten offers from higher ranked schools, I'm very interested in Nova. I guess I should just tell them that...

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jbarl1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:32 pm

xj5 wrote:Has anyone got any scholarship info in the past week and a half?

I'm going to be visiting Villanova and I'm hoping to meet with someone at the aid office to see if I will be offered anything. 164 and 3.65 has got me nothing so far.

Any ideas for how to approach the topic and leave with an offer? I don't want to come off to arrogant or anything, but I want them to know that even though I've gotten offers from higher ranked schools, I'm very interested in Nova. I guess I should just tell them that...


They have already given out all of their scholarship offers and say they won't be making any more offers until after the April 15th deposit, and then there is only the possibility of offers.

User avatar
um08
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby um08 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Onion wrote:Applied 12/29 went "In Review" yesterday (3/10)... How long for a decision after "In Review"?


I have been in review since 1/19. Still waiting...

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby NYVA311 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 pm

It took me about 5 days to receive a decision after going In Review. Since it's late in the cycle, I'm sure you will hear shortly! Good luck!

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby dp73816 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:27 pm

um08 wrote:
Onion wrote:Applied 12/29 went "In Review" yesterday (3/10)... How long for a decision after "In Review"?


I have been in review since 1/19. Still waiting...



+1...and there not very nice over there when you call :oops:

User avatar
Onion
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby Onion » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:12 am

Thanks for the luck wishes from all, I will be sure to let you all know what happens.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, AZnative, Google Adsense [Bot], grades??, Nobiggie, okf731, potterotter and 13 guests