Villanova 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
peyso
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby peyso » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:48 pm

I called today and they said that they didnt know why my file was not UR even though it has been complete since 9/29. WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Nova

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jbarl1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:16 pm

In today via status checker! I went complete in early Nov. and ready for review on 12/18. I have a 160/3.85.

Good luck to everyone else!

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby stayway » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:23 pm

been complete since 11/3. no changes yet. rejection?

160/3.33.

User avatar
je_ne_regrette_rien
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:06 pm

nooyyllib wrote:been complete since 11/3. no changes yet. rejection?

160/3.33.


NO!! I think they're just really slow with getting to applications. They had mine for two months before they did anything with it. Don't worry.

User avatar
horriblegb
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby horriblegb » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:07 am

je_ne_regrette_rien wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:been complete since 11/3. no changes yet. rejection?

160/3.33.


NO!! I think they're just really slow with getting to applications. They had mine for two months before they did anything with it. Don't worry.


I wonder then, why mine went through so fast, I submitted on 12/2 and went ready for review on 12/18 and was in by 1/4, my numbers are not top notch (though I am an URM and unsolicited fee waiver) Not to bring anyone down, there just does not seem to be much of a pattern

So don't worry, just thought i would through my input in!

User avatar
je_ne_regrette_rien
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:35 pm

horriblegb wrote:
je_ne_regrette_rien wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:been complete since 11/3. no changes yet. rejection?

160/3.33.


NO!! I think they're just really slow with getting to applications. They had mine for two months before they did anything with it. Don't worry.


I wonder then, why mine went through so fast, I submitted on 12/2 and went ready for review on 12/18 and was in by 1/4, my numbers are not top notch (though I am an URM and unsolicited fee waiver) Not to bring anyone down, there just does not seem to be much of a pattern

So don't worry, just thought i would through my input in!


Yeah. I guess it's useless to try to figure out what occurs behind closed doors.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jbarl1 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:04 pm


biggiemike000
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby biggiemike000 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 am

Congrats Je_ne_regrette_rien. I'm still anxiously waiting. Do you know when they notify about scholarship information IF you qualify?

mattymatt
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby mattymatt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:33 pm

I've been complete at Nova for over a month now, and have yet to go UR. On this thread I noticed people going straight from complete to a decision, no UR in between. How typical is that? Should I expect to hear anything anytime soon? Nova has been my top choice since I decided on law school, so I am anxious.

Congrats to everyone who've already been accepted, though!

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:37 pm

I went to UR on 1/7 after being complete since 11/12, and I have auto-admit stats for Nova, so I'm not really sure about the people who skipped UR completely...if anyone did do this, what were your stats?

mattymatt
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby mattymatt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Huh, perhaps I'm just being a bit too optimistic about turn-around time for Nova. I certainly don't have auto-admit numbers for Nova. I'm a slight reach, but I feel like I have a pretty good shot. I guess I'll just have to be more patient...

User avatar
je_ne_regrette_rien
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:56 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:I went to UR on 1/7 after being complete since 11/12, and I have auto-admit stats for Nova, so I'm not really sure about the people who skipped UR completely...if anyone did do this, what were your stats?


Yeah I don't know why but I would just like to guess that different admissions people use the system differently, even within an office. I went from App. Complete to Accepted at Nova and Fordham, while I've been UR at some other places for a while. I don't think there's anything to be read into it.

User avatar
peyso
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby peyso » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Finally Ready for Review after being Complete since 9/29

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:04 pm

For those keeping track, I was in on 1/8 also. I gave up the obsessive status checking though, so I just now noticed. Haven't received my letter yet. Really like Philly, but Temple is a much better deal at this point.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby keg411 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Wasn't going to apply originally to 'Nova because of the price, but changed my mind for personal reasons. Sent yesterday. Will be interesting, for said personal reason, to see what happens.

User avatar
je_ne_regrette_rien
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:36 pm

keg411 wrote:Wasn't going to apply originally to 'Nova because of the price, but changed my mind for personal reasons. Sent yesterday. Will be interesting, for said personal reason, to see what happens.


I got my letter today, and since there was nothing said about a scholarship, I'm guessing I wasn't awarded one.

I have a 165/3.7

Was I naive in thinking that Villanova would give me some scholarship money?

(Good luck to those still waiting. Most likely, I'm going to inform them that I won't be attending.)

User avatar
sookie99
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby sookie99 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:29 pm

no, you shouldn't assume that you weren't awarded scholarship. they didn't include it in my acceptance letter either - so I called and they told me that info is mailed separately/later. you should get $$ based on your numbers :)

User avatar
je_ne_regrette_rien
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:58 pm

sookie99 wrote:no, you shouldn't assume that you weren't awarded scholarship. they didn't include it in my acceptance letter either - so I called and they told me that info is mailed separately/later. you should get $$ based on your numbers :)


Thank you very much! I was kind of bummed when I read the acceptance letter.

caneman13
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby caneman13 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:48 pm

In today via status checker

Complete - 11/16
Ready for Review - 1/8

good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
bmoredagny
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby bmoredagny » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:18 pm

in today via status checker. sent app in 11/11, ready for review 12/18. 163/3.1 I'll probably withdraw unless they have a major scholarship offer that can compete with in-state UMD.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:19 pm

In today via checker, ready for review since 1/7, sent 11/12 with December retake. 3.66/168. I doubt I'll attend, but I would like to at least see the scholarship before withdrawing.

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:54 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:In today via checker, ready for review since 1/7, sent 11/12 with December retake. 3.66/168. I doubt I'll attend, but I would like to at least see the scholarship before withdrawing.


According to previous years, scholarships and other financial aid offers aren't given out until just a few weeks before the April seat deposit deadline.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:03 am

I'm STILL waiting to hear from Villanova. Went complete 11/13, and I am 165/3.4ish. I know I'm not an auto-admit, but come ON!!!!

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:04 am

Status changed from Complete to 'ready for review' today

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: Villanova 2010

Postby SpencerPratt » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:14 am

Current Status: Complete
Current Status Date: 9/28/2009

Can't touch that...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lillawyer2, mccracal, siyuanff and 5 guests