Villanova 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Re: Villanova 2010

Post by scruffs mcguff » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:18 am

salad in a bottle?

lawcycle2010

New

Post by lawcycle2010 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

so help me out with my decision....

Nova st sticker or Marquette with over half my tution in scholarship???

Unless i get into Wisconsin....

Thoughts?

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:25 am

mikeyp wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:
mikeyp wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:(...Also, Villanova's admissions office sucks ass.)
how so?
+1. I personally think the opposite, but your mileage may vary.
opposite of burger in a can?
I've never had a problem with Villanova's admissions office. They've been first rate to me.

Not sure what the inverse of a canned burger would be. It's Friday morning, and the ability to grasp metaphysical concepts fail is high for me.

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:26 am

lawcycle2010 wrote:so help me out with my decision....

Nova sticker??

Hell no.

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:30 am

FunkyJD wrote:
mikeyp wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:
mikeyp wrote:how so?
+1. I personally think the opposite, but your mileage may vary.
opposite of burger in a can?
I've never had a problem with Villanova's admissions office. They've been first rate to me.

Not sure what the inverse of a canned burger would be. It's Friday morning, and the ability to grasp metaphysical concepts fail is high for me.
I guess it also affects your ability to read usernames too, huh? :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:33 am

mikeyp wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:Not sure what the inverse of a canned burger would be. It's Friday morning, and the ability to grasp metaphysical concepts fail is high for me.
Way to step on my praise of Villanova peeps! -1 Vill = +1 Pitt.

See, I was lucid for that. :lol:

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:34 am

mikeyp wrote:
how so?
+1 Nova's admissions office has been great so far. Of the 10 I've dealt with the only other admissions office more helpful and friendly would be Wake.

Onion

Bronze

Post by Onion » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:47 am

jlnoa0915 wrote:
mikeyp wrote:
how so?
+1 Nova's admissions office has been great so far. Of the 10 I've dealt with the only other admissions office more helpful and friendly would be Wake.
Yeah, I think they have been great.
lawcycle2010 wrote:so help me out with my decision....

Unless i get into Wisconsin....

Thoughts?
Unless your parents are going to help you or you have help coming from somewhere else, Nova would be tough to swing for sticker. You have to remember that on top of tuition, you have to account for living expenses, books, and going out, after all those costs, Nova's price tag jumps to like 50-55 a year IMHO. Just some food for thought.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:51 am

I said Villanova's admissions office sucks because I applied there on November 9th and went complete on November 13th, and still haven't heard a decision.

I applied to Cornell on the same day, and heard back last week. Cornell has had such an insanely huge increase in applications that it was specifically mentioned in the New York Times, yet they managed to review my file before Villanova. I'm not complaining that I haven't been admitted (since I've already decided to go to UConn) I'm just saying that their admissions office seems to have lost/burned/eaten my file.

Also, to the guy with cigars for an avatar: calling me an idiot wasn't nice. You should work on that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:55 am

Burger in a can wrote:I said Villanova's admissions office sucks because I applied there on November 9th and went complete on November 13th, and still haven't heard a decision.

I applied to Cornell on the same day, and heard back last week. Cornell has had such an insanely huge increase in applications that it was specifically mentioned in the New York Times, yet they managed to review my file before Villanova. I'm not complaining that I haven't been admitted (since I've already decided to go to UConn) I'm just saying that their admissions office seems to have lost/burned/eaten my file.

Also, to the guy with cigars for an avatar: calling me an idiot wasn't nice. You should work on that.

Ok, I think I remember talking to you about this a few weeks back. The PA schools have a slow turn around time in general, PSU Temple and Nova all got back to me within about 2 months, but your situation is pretty ridiculous. Can't say why yours got held up so long but I would consider that an unfortunate oddity when looking at LSN and talking to others and wouldn't consider it as part of the norm. If it makes you feel any better, I was Decision pending at UF since 12/17 and they just sent my decision letter yesterday.

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:59 am

Burger in a can wrote:I said Villanova's admissions office sucks because I applied there on November 9th and went complete on November 13th, and still haven't heard a decision.

You should work on developing a thicker skin, and not seeing personal offense where none was intended. I didn't call you an idiot; I suggested that it would be idiotic to compare Yale's situation to that of the other schools I mentioned.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:01 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:

Ok, I think I remember talking to you about this a few weeks back. The PA schools have a slow turn around time in general, PSU Temple and Nova all got back to me within about 2 months, but your situation is pretty ridiculous. Can't say why yours got held up so long but I would consider that an unfortunate oddity when looking at LSN and talking to others and wouldn't consider it as part of the norm. If it makes you feel any better, I was Decision pending at UF since 12/17 and they just sent my decision letter yesterday.
Penn State managed to get me a decision 19 days after going complete. But thanks! :) I'll stop complaining about it and just keep waiting, I guess.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:07 pm

FunkyJD wrote:

You should work on developing a thicker skin, and not seeing personal offense where none was intended. I didn't call you an idiot; I suggested that it would be idiotic to compare Yale's situation to that of the other schools I mentioned.
Oh, I see. In that case, allow me to make the following proclamation: It would be fucking retarded to choose a username with the word 'funky' in it.

Now, just so we're clear, I didn't just call you a fucking retard. I suggested that it would be fucking retarded to do something that you already did. But your skin is so thick, I'm sure it doesn't bother you at all when people call you a fucking retard. In fact, the thick-skinned would probably just disregard this post altogether and write it off, as no personal offense was intended. Have a nice day!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Oh, I see. In that case, allow me to make the following proclamation: It would be fucking retarded to choose a username with the word 'funky' in it.

Now, just so we're clear, I didn't just call you a fucking retard. I suggested that it would be fucking retarded to do something that you already did. But your skin is so thick, I'm sure it doesn't bother you at all when people call you a fucking retard. In fact, the thick-skinned would probably just disregard this post altogether and write it off, as no personal offense was intended. Have a nice day!

/caring about this.

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:10 pm

LOL the only thing missing from this thread was any recognition for my "salad in a bottle" comment that became muddled amongst the internet fight. RECOGNIZE ME!!

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:11 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:LOL the only thing missing from this thread was any recognition for my "salad in a bottle" comment that became muddled amongst the internet fight. RECOGNIZE ME!!
Aren't you the crime dog?

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:13 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
scruffs mcguff wrote:LOL the only thing missing from this thread was any recognition for my "salad in a bottle" comment that became muddled amongst the internet fight. RECOGNIZE ME!!
I'd like to think I'm a combination of McGruff the Crime Dog and Fred "Crime Dog" McGriff.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:16 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:
I'd like to think I'm a combination of McGruff the Crime Dog and Fred "Crime Dog" McGriff.
So you can hit for power and bust dope peddlers, too? That would be a hell of a high-concept blaxploitation film. Like, Shaft with a stick, going around clubbing informants who try to set him up.

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:26 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
scruffs mcguff wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:
So you can hit for power and bust dope peddlers, too? That would be a hell of a high-concept blaxploitation film. Like, Shaft with a stick, going around clubbing informants who try to set him up.
That could possibly be the best movie idea EVER

Onion

Bronze

Post by Onion » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 pm

I'd like to think I'm a combination of McGruff the Crime Dog and Fred "Crime Dog" McGriff.[/quote]
So you can hit for power and bust dope peddlers, too? That would be a hell of a high-concept blaxploitation film. Like, Shaft with a stick, going around clubbing informants who try to set him up.[/quote]

That could possibly be the best movie idea EVER[/quote]

You would have me begging to pay the price of admission to see this!

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:41 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
mikeyp wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:Not sure what the inverse of a canned burger would be. It's Friday morning, and the ability to grasp metaphysical concepts fail is high for me.
Way to step on my praise of Villanova peeps! -1 Vill = +1 Pitt.

See, I was lucid for that. :lol:
aw come on i was just kidding!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:41 pm

^^ I know, I'm just busting your balls. Nova's dope.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:56 pm

i just threw that statement out there for the hell of it. not to cause an argument.

Emac

New

Post by Emac » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:27 pm

I am fed up with Villanova and its lifeless status checker. It has said the same thing since early January. I have received decisions from two schools that I applied to six weeks after submitting my Villanova application. This may be snotty, but Villanova isn't prestigious enough to make us wait this long!

dvd

Bronze

Post by dvd » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:45 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”