Villanova 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jlnoa0915

Bronze

Re: Villanova 2010

Post by jlnoa0915 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm

nooyyllib wrote:just wondering, the april 15th deadline is post mark right? or no?
This was in the deposit reminder they emailed me on the 7th:
We are writing to remind you that your seat first deposit of $250.00 is due on April 15, 2010. This deposit will secure your place in the fall 2010 entering class.

That wording leads me to believe it is due ON the 15th (I sent mine overnight yesterday to be safe). If you think its going to be late I'd email them so they know its on the way.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:43 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:just wondering, the april 15th deadline is post mark right? or no?
We are writing to remind you that your seat first deposit of $250.00 is due on April 15, 2010. This deposit will secure your place in the fall 2010 entering class.

That wording leads me to believe it is due ON the 15th (I sent mine overnight yesterday to be safe). If you think its going to be late I'd email them so they know its on the way.
damn it. shouldn't have assumed. going to fedex kinkos right now.

nyred10

New

Post by nyred10 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 am

nooyyllib wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:

damn it. shouldn't have assumed. going to fedex kinkos right now.
I asked them that same question when I met with an admissions counselor (is April 15th the in-hand date or just post mark by) and she said they would like to have it by April 15th but they can work with you if the need arises. If I were you (and anyone else who waited until the last minute) I would call them today and say you are mailing in your deposit and if you should overnight it or if regular mail, postmarked today, will be fine. I am almost 100% sure they will accept it if it is postmarked today.

If you step back from this a little bit, this isn't a huge deal. If you were Villanova, would you really want to reject deposits of people you admitted right off the bat (and who are, presumably, your strongest candidates) because they were on the fence and sent them in at the last minute? Money is money, whether it gets in their bank account today or on Friday (they waste no time depositing that freakin check, i'll tell ya), so I wouldn't be worried at all. Just call and tell them it is on its way.

That said, if someone has information contradictory to my (semi-educated) assumptions, then please post.

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 am

Just spoke with admissions. Get your deposit postmarked by April 15 and you're fine. USPS is fine.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Still no decision. They said they would have it for me before the 15th, but I just don't buy it. Somehow, 13 other schools managed to get back to me - Villanova seems to be having some difficulty. My bet is they are waiting to see how many deposits they get. Like a fake waitlist by just not responding.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

yeahyeah2121

New

Post by yeahyeah2121 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 pm

^ Agreed

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:40 pm

I posted this in the Villanova 2013 thread, but for anyone not browsing it, I figured I'd repost this here:

If anyone else is interested in checking out a few apartment complexes, Onion and I are possibly meeting up next Sunday (4/25) to look around at some places. It'll be a great way to meet some of us incoming 1Ls before August, and possibly find roommates if you're interested in finding some to save costs (or if the prospect of living alone sounds... too lonely).

Feel free to PM me if anyone else is interested, the more the merrier :D

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:42 pm

Deposited. Will deposit at least one other place.

greg11a

New

Post by greg11a » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:30 am

I went to Villanova undergrad and lived there for a year after school. Apartments off campus are definitely hard to find near campus. If you are willing to be about 15 minutes away in King of Prussia, there are some nice apartments there off S Henderson road you can try.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Onion

Bronze

Post by Onion » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:53 am

greg11a wrote:I went to Villanova undergrad and lived there for a year after school. Apartments off campus are definitely hard to find near campus. If you are willing to be about 15 minutes away in King of Prussia, there are some nice apartments there off S Henderson road you can try.
Thanks for the heads up, quick question for you, is there a "rush hour" commute in the morning that would make that drive much longer, or is it a 15 minute drive regardless?

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:55 am

greg11a wrote:I went to Villanova undergrad and lived there for a year after school. Apartments off campus are definitely hard to find near campus. If you are willing to be about 15 minutes away in King of Prussia, there are some nice apartments there off S Henderson road you can try.
What would you say would be the latest we need to look to get a place reasonably close?

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 am

Untrue for law students. I understand that it may be difficult to find an apartment as an undergrad because the vast majority of the apartment buildings near by expressly do NOT rent to undergrads. Besides, I had no problem finding a place at radnor house. There are a plethora of options on craigs list. Also, rosemont plaza, radcliffe house, and radnor crossing are all very close and easy to secure.
Last edited by mikeyp on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 am

Onion wrote:Thanks for the heads up, quick question for you, is there a "rush hour" commute in the morning that would make that drive much longer, or is it a 15 minute drive regardless?
the traffic on east lancaster in the morning is pretty bad. it will make the drive much longer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Onion

Bronze

Post by Onion » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:52 am

mikeyp wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:
What would you say would be the latest we need to look to get a place reasonably close?
greg11a that is untrue for law students. I understand that it may be difficult to find an apartment as an undergrad because the vast majority of the apartment buildings near by expressly do NOT rent to undergrads. Besides, I had no problem finding a place at radnor house. There are a plethora of options on craigs list. Also, rosemont plaza, radcliffe house, and radnor crossing are all very close and easy to secure.
When you go on craigs list, what "site" do you choose to find housing closest to Villanova?

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 am

jlnoa0915 wrote:What would you say would be the latest we need to look to get a place reasonably close?
mikeyp any thought on this question specifically? Is June/early July too late?

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:55 am

FunkyJD wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:What would you say would be the latest we need to look to get a place reasonably close?
mikeyp any thought on this question specifically? Is June/early July too late?
i got mine mid-may for a lease that started july 1. it will be harder to find something later on, but its hard to say exactly how hard. it also depends on where you're looking. radnor house is very unpredictable because it's a condo building, and the owners individually rent out places (thus craigs list is helpful). either way, i know plenty of people that found places as late as august. some even lived in a hotel for the first week of class before they moved into their lease on sept 1! but yeah, the sooner the better.

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:57 am

Onion wrote:When you go on craigs list, what "site" do you choose to find housing closest to Villanova?
start with philadelphia. you can try others too because sometimes people post in others, but generally philly.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

greg11a

New

Post by greg11a » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:07 am

mikeyp wrote:
Onion wrote:Thanks for the heads up, quick question for you, is there a "rush hour" commute in the morning that would make that drive much longer, or is it a 15 minute drive regardless?
the traffic on east lancaster in the morning is pretty bad. it will make the drive much longer.
You dont need to use Lancaster from King of Prussia, its back roads that lead you right to Montgomery Ave via Gulph Rd and then you come right down Spring Mill from the North, you never have to go near Lancaster. When I lived there, one of my buddies who attended Villanova Law lived in the next complex over down Gulph Road a bit from Henderson. Radnor House is a good option as well, it is much closer.

greg11a

New

Post by greg11a » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:11 am

jlnoa0915 wrote:
I cant speak for anything closer, like Radnor House, but for my apt in KoP, I went to their rental office in June and they had a unit available for move in 2 weeks later, as well as several other options.

greg11a

New

Post by greg11a » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:28 am

Onion wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, quick question for you, is there a "rush hour" commute in the morning that would make that drive much longer, or is it a 15 minute drive regardless?
See my above post, you are basically entering the back door of Villanova, which is where the law school happens to be anyway, on the North side of the tracks at Spring Mill and County Line. The roads might get busier, but there is no backup in the morning - if you leave between 5 and 6pm, Gulph road going NW between I 76 and basically S Henderson will be backed up, but its only gonna cost you an extra 3-4 minutes at worst.

Theres no need to go near Lancaster, assuming you dont need to park in main lot(on Lancaster Ave) - which I am not actually sure about, but would highly doubt as its really far from the law building - maybe someone can speak to that - is parking allowed adjacent to the law school or not?

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 am

greg11a wrote:
Onion wrote:
See my above post, you are basically entering the back door of Villanova, which is where the law school happens to be anyway, on the North side of the tracks at Spring Mill and County Line. The roads might get busier, but there is no backup in the morning - if you leave between 5 and 6pm, Gulph road going NW between I 76 and basically S Henderson will be backed up, but its only gonna cost you an extra 3-4 minutes at worst.

Theres no need to go near Lancaster, assuming you dont need to park in main lot(on Lancaster Ave) - which I am not actually sure about, but would highly doubt as its really far from the law building - maybe someone can speak to that - is parking allowed adjacent to the law school or not?
law school has its own parking garage

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tadesire85

New

Post by tadesire85 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Withdrew today with $$, good luck everyone!

smartin

Bronze

Post by smartin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Still waiting to hear. I've been "in review" since March 15, been complete since mid-January. Numbers aren't autoadmit (161/3.24/3 yrs WE) but I've already accepted to Temple, Pitt, and Penn State with $$$. What is taking so long?

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:00 pm

smartin wrote:Still waiting to hear. I've been "in review" since March 15, been complete since mid-January. Numbers aren't autoadmit (161/3.24/3 yrs WE) but I've already accepted to Temple, Pitt, and Penn State with $$$. What is taking so long?
Same situation, just got WL (rather rude letter too, if you ask me). Law school numbers said we should be in. But I guess if we were to get in, they would have told us earlier. I don't know. Seems like of every school I applied to Villanova had it the least together. Shame, because, I might have liked it otherwise.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Not to play devils advocate, but if you guys went complete late, you might just be falling to the limited seats scenario. There's no excuse for a rude WL letter (I wouldn't mind hearing the language if you wouldn't mind sharing) but at some point, they can't admit everyone qualified for fear of over enrolling.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”