In at Baylor! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
da87

Bronze

Re: In at Baylor!

Post by da87 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:33 pm

lil_joolee wrote:
charlow wrote:Well, it looks like only a few of the spring “reactivator” have received their decisions. I spoke with Baylor last week and was told that they would have the remaining decisions complete by Aug. 15th. I am slated to start at a tier 4 school on the 23rd with an orientation on the 18th. If they wait until the 15th, that really doesn’t give much time to withdraw from the other school and allow them to pull someone else in from their WL. Is there anyone else out there in similar shoes?

+1
I am not committed to another school right now, but I have been waiting since May and haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if those who heard Friday were acceptances or rejections or both?

lil_joolee

New

Post by lil_joolee » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:22 pm

just spoke to someone from admissions and they told me a batch of letters/decisions will be made today (i'm not sure if this is for those who's status changed on friday or if it's a completely new batch)..i hope im in that batch!

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:13 pm

lil_joolee wrote:just spoke to someone from admissions and they told me a batch of letters/decisions will be made today (i'm not sure if this is for those who's status changed on friday or if it's a completely new batch)..i hope im in that batch!
thanks for the info!

HIGHDAREGUYS

New

Post by HIGHDAREGUYS » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:33 pm

just spoke to someone from admissions and they told me a batch of letters/decisions will be made today (i'm not sure if this is for those who's status changed on friday or if it's a completely new batch)..i hope im in that batch!
Be careful what you wish for.

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:02 pm

HIGHDAREGUYS wrote:
Be careful what you wish for.
why do you say that?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hefox

New

Post by hefox » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:28 am

Dont listen to him. He's a '3L on Law Review in the top 1/5 of his class' and he claims that baylor is terrible and he cant find employment. My questionis what is he doing on TSL so much then? Shouldn't he be job hunting. Also, he has gone back and deleted over half of his posts, after stirring the pot and getting people pissed off. He's a troll, don't let him stir your pot

HIGHDAREGUYS

New

Post by HIGHDAREGUYS » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:14 am

I apologize for 'stirring the pot.' GL in the spring/fall.

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:33 pm

Still haven't heard anything...if we have to wait until August 15th, that is just ridiculous.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:49 pm

hefox wrote:Dont listen to him. He's a '3L on Law Review in the top 1/5 of his class' and he claims that baylor is terrible and he cant find employment. My questionis what is he doing on TSL so much then? Shouldn't he be job hunting. Also, he has gone back and deleted over half of his posts, after stirring the pot and getting people pissed off. He's a troll, don't let him stir your pot
I've found his information helpful. I guess when you're looking for a job it must consume every minute when you are awake?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

charlow

New

Post by charlow » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:02 pm

da87 wrote:Still haven't heard anything...if we have to wait until August 15th, that is just ridiculous.

I spoke with them yesterday and was told they may not have the decisions made before the 23rd.

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:14 pm

charlow wrote:
da87 wrote:Still haven't heard anything...if we have to wait until August 15th, that is just ridiculous.

I spoke with them yesterday and was told they may not have the decisions made before the 23rd.
That's absurd, especially for those who are enrolled at other schools. They can't have THAT many reactivated applications.

lil_joolee

New

Post by lil_joolee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:37 pm

just got accepted :) however, my situation was a little bit different. I called admissions all this week to get them to rush my file because of the rush, i wasn't considered for any scholarship. but, i'm still happy. i'll be heading to baylor in the spring!! good luck to everyone still waiting!

hefox

New

Post by hefox » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 am

txhorn wrote:
hefox wrote:Dont listen to him. He's a '3L on Law Review in the top 1/5 of his class' and he claims that baylor is terrible and he cant find employment. My questionis what is he doing on TSL so much then? Shouldn't he be job hunting. Also, he has gone back and deleted over half of his posts, after stirring the pot and getting people pissed off. He's a troll, don't let him stir your pot
I've found his information helpful. I guess when you're looking for a job it must consume every minute when you are awake?

No, your right. I apologize for getting annoyed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Have any Spring applicants heard recently? It looks like they will be keeping us waiting until after the 1st.....ugh

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:36 pm

CmonSD wrote:Have any Spring applicants heard recently? It looks like they will be keeping us waiting until after the 1st.....ugh
Yea I saw that on the website yesterday....so frustrating!!

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:51 pm

da87 wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Have any Spring applicants heard recently? It looks like they will be keeping us waiting until after the 1st.....ugh
Right!? Where did you end up this year?

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 pm

CmonSD wrote:
da87 wrote:
Right!? Where did you end up this year?
Nowhere yet, I am waiting to hear back from Baylor and might reapply at SMU for early decision.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:17 pm

" i wasn't considered for any scholarship."

"He's a '3L on Law Review in the top 1/5 of his class' and he claims that baylor is terrible and he cant find employment."

ITT: We learn people are too brave for their own good.
gl ite

hefox

New

Post by hefox » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Has anyone who is waiting heard anything?

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Nope! Hoping to hear soon. Last I was told, they plan to have decisions out by the end of Sept for Spring.

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:47 pm

CmonSD wrote:Nope! Hoping to hear soon. Last I was told, they plan to have decisions out by the end of Sept for Spring.
Ugh...when were you told that? I just don't see what could be taking so long.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:47 am

da87 wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Nope! Hoping to hear soon. Last I was told, they plan to have decisions out by the end of Sept for Spring.
Ugh...when were you told that? I just don't see what could be taking so long.
About two weeks ago. I'm going out to Dallas and Austin in Oct to visit family and it would be nice to have a good reason to stop by Baylor! hehe Have you applied anywhere for next year?

hefox

New

Post by hefox » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:16 pm

sept 15 is the deadline for the 2nd seat deposit for the auto admits. Thats prob why they told you late september. g/l, I hope you hear from them soon!

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:17 pm

No, I haven't applied anywhere else yet. I was waiting to hear back, but I guess I should go ahead and apply some other places considering how long it is taking. It is annoying they are waiting to get seat deposits, but I guess that's how they have to do it. I just wish they wouldn't have told us we would hear by August 1.

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Still no news for me...anyone else?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”