In at Baylor! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
da87

Bronze

Re: In at Baylor!

Post by da87 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:05 pm

roofles wrote:I got the rejection for fall last night, saying to reactivate for spring/summer. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Sorry about rejection for the fall, I got the same thing. Are you going to reactivate? And do you mind sharing your numbers?

lil_joolee

New

Post by lil_joolee » Sun May 09, 2010 2:53 pm

just checked my status..it says a decision has been made on my file and that a letter has been mailed. however, my thing changed and it added spring 2011 on it and that status says that it has been completed. so does that mean i was rejected for the fall and they're considering me for the spring?

when i applied, i checked the spring 2011 box..so do they even bother sending a reject letter for fall?

LawMuns

New

Post by LawMuns » Sun May 09, 2010 11:02 pm

My status just changed as well.

When I met with them, they told me they would send a response for fall, and then another for spring.

Good luck!

RyShermanJ

New

Post by RyShermanJ » Mon May 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Am i the last one on here waiting to hear back for the fall?

lil_joolee

New

Post by lil_joolee » Tue May 11, 2010 3:12 am

LawMuns wrote:My status just changed as well.

When I met with them, they told me they would send a response for fall, and then another for spring.

Good luck!
awesome..thanks! now to wait for the letter..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed May 12, 2010 1:13 pm

I applied in early December and I have not heard anything from then since then.

That seems more than just a little ridiculous and disrespectful

RyShermanJ

New

Post by RyShermanJ » Wed May 12, 2010 4:25 pm

fathergoose wrote:I applied in early December and I have not heard anything from then since then.

That seems more than just a little ridiculous and disrespectful
Have you emailed them or anything? I sent an email last week and my letter was sent yesterday.

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:21 pm

How many people on this board are reactivating for spring?

LawMuns

New

Post by LawMuns » Sat May 22, 2010 6:51 pm

I am.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Sat May 22, 2010 11:02 pm

I did back in Feb. Still haven't heard anything though.

lovelylegal

New

Post by lovelylegal » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Housing options around Baylor?

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Have any spring reactivators heard anything lately?

Ty Webb

Silver

Post by Ty Webb » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:55 pm

lovelylegal wrote:Housing options around Baylor?
+1 on this question.

I've been told by a number of people that Waco is a bit of an apartment wasteland, and you should avoid the undergrad apartment complexes at all costs (mostly just because you will have trouble with noise, etc).

I've had people tell me that renting a house is a good option in Waco, though that's obviously a more involved process than running down to the local University Terrace and renting an apartment.

I've personally been looking into Behrens Lofts, which seem to be more geared toward young professionals than college students. A bit more expensive, but right in the heart of Waco and not far from Baylor. Seem to be the best option in the apartment/condo/loft rental market that I've found.

The Residence at Central Texas Marketplace has been recommended to me, but I'm not sure on that. Would love to get more opinions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HBK

Bronze

Post by HBK » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:25 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
+1 on this question.

I've been told by a number of people that Waco is a bit of an apartment wasteland, and you should avoid the undergrad apartment complexes at all costs (mostly just because you will have trouble with noise, etc).
Just FYI, I think you should know the area pretty well before you rent a house. I had a buddy who went there for undergrad, and they rented a house their senior year. It was burglarized twice in a year.

Of course, this is only anecdotal, but according to him, it is a real concern.

cf456

New

Post by cf456 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:46 am

Visited last week and top two apartment picks are The Residence at Central Texas Marketplace and The Retreat at Central Texas Marketplace. Very similar, nice shopping center within walking distance of the Retreat and less than a mile from the Residence, golf course across street, only about 5 minutes from campus. Also, the property value in the area must be high because the high school football field across the street was huge. Loved the Residence, but signed on with the Retreat because they are 6 years newer and had more units available. The cost varies at the Retreat depending on how long you lease and what floor you want to be on. At the residence, one bedrooms are $825 and two bedrooms are $925. Hope this helps!

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Any spring reactivators hear anything at all?

hefox

New

Post by hefox » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:07 pm

i am a spring reactivator and i have gotten my acceptance letter. i have the same story, wl for fall, auto admit for spring. they even gave me a scholly for sping, thus my future bearness is pretty much set in stone.

i was wondering about the general regions one should look at when apartment searching in waco

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 pm

hefox wrote:i am a spring reactivator and i have gotten my acceptance letter. i have the same story, wl for fall, auto admit for spring. they even gave me a scholly for sping, thus my future bearness is pretty much set in stone.

i was wondering about the general regions one should look at when apartment searching in waco
Mind sharing your stats and when you reactivated?

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:08 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
+1 on this question.

I've had people tell me that renting a house is a good option in Waco, though that's obviously a more involved process than running down to the local University Terrace and renting an apartment.

I've personally been looking into Behrens Lofts, which seem to be more geared toward young professionals than college students. A bit more expensive, but right in the heart of Waco and not far from Baylor. Seem to be the best option in the apartment/condo/loft rental market that I've found.

The Residence at Central Texas Marketplace has been recommended to me, but I'm not sure on that. Would love to get more opinions.
I went to undergrad at Baylor and there is plenty of housing, and really in apartment complexes noise is normally not an issue.

Behrens is nice, I had a few friends who lived there.

If you want cheap housing that is fairly close to campus, though a bit out of the way from the law school (a mile or so), University Housing is simple, cheap, and they don't have bugs. And you will appreciate that in October when the crickets infest Waco. Big 12 is reasonable and has nice apartments. There are lots of lofts and converted warehouses that give you a lot of space in Waco that aren't badly priced. Obviously a roommate makes things much cheaper but even if you are on a budget and want to live alone, it is completely doable.

I wouldn't recommend anything directly on the other side of I-35W from Baylor, though once you get past the train tracks into downtown Waco its fine, even nice. I wouldn't go south of 13th street unless you like noise and beggars showing up at your door, yeah that will happen. There is a whole slew of apartment complexes on University Parks Drive east of LaSalle, though those are mostly Undergrad. Some are pretty nice though.

HIGHDAREGUYS

New

Post by HIGHDAREGUYS » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:44 pm

I am about to be a 3L at Baylor (started in Fall '08). If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or post them in this thread. Just as an aside, the people being diverted from the Fall class to the Spring/Summer classes should consider this a blessing in disguise.

sea

New

Post by sea » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:49 am

HIGHDAREGUYS wrote:I am about to be a 3L at Baylor (started in Fall '08). If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or post them in this thread. Just as an aside, the people being diverted from the Fall class to the Spring/Summer classes should consider this a blessing in disguise.
Why do you say that?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HIGHDAREGUYS

New

Post by HIGHDAREGUYS » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:52 pm

sea wrote:
HIGHDAREGUYS wrote:I am about to be a 3L at Baylor (started in Fall '08). If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or post them in this thread. Just as an aside, the people being diverted from the Fall class to the Spring/Summer classes should consider this a blessing in disguise.
Why do you say that?
I sent this in a PM to someone so I'm just going to paste it here:

All you are doing by entering the fall class is making it harder on yourself in terms of getting good grades/rank/law review/etc. The school has recently changed the way they rank classes so that spring and summer starters are ranked separate and apart from the fall classes. So if you enter in the spring, you are ranked against other spring starters and if you start in the fall you are only ranked against other fall starters for 2L OCI. This is a HUGE advantage. For example, after 3 quarters of work (the first year) the law review cutoff GPA was a 3.59 for fall starters. It was a 3.38 for the spring starting classes. Invitations to the law review happen after your 3rd quarter and, just like the rankings, are determined only one group at a time so you're not competing against fall starters with higher numbers.
Last edited by HIGHDAREGUYS on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

hefox

New

Post by hefox » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:31 am

^ Thanks for the info

charlow

New

Post by charlow » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Well, it looks like only a few of the spring “reactivator” have received their decisions. I spoke with Baylor last week and was told that they would have the remaining decisions complete by Aug. 15th. I am slated to start at a tier 4 school on the 23rd with an orientation on the 18th. If they wait until the 15th, that really doesn’t give much time to withdraw from the other school and allow them to pull someone else in from their WL. Is there anyone else out there in similar shoes?

lil_joolee

New

Post by lil_joolee » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:53 pm

charlow wrote:Well, it looks like only a few of the spring “reactivator” have received their decisions. I spoke with Baylor last week and was told that they would have the remaining decisions complete by Aug. 15th. I am slated to start at a tier 4 school on the 23rd with an orientation on the 18th. If they wait until the 15th, that really doesn’t give much time to withdraw from the other school and allow them to pull someone else in from their WL. Is there anyone else out there in similar shoes?

+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”