In at Baylor! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
keemos

Bronze

Re: In at Baylor!

Post by keemos » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:17 am

withdrew today with $$. Good luck to those waiting

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:15 pm

blackeyeddog wrote:I'm confused and maybe someone in here can offer a little clarification (I hope!). My status checker has said:

"Your application file is complete. You will receive a letter informing you of the Admissions Committee's decision as soon as a decision has been made on your application."

since I went complete mid January. I noticed that people on here show a change in their status indicating a decision was rendered, but this tells me that my status checker won't reflect that change, that I'll know by mail. What's the deal?
I was also under the same assumption, but your status will change to "a decision has been made on your file" when your letter has been mailed out.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Really Baylor? You're going to wait list me? YP much?

This one really cracks me up :)

blackeyeddog

New

Post by blackeyeddog » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:13 pm

cLams wrote:
blackeyeddog wrote:I'm confused and maybe someone in here can offer a little clarification (I hope!). My status checker has said:

"Your application file is complete. You will receive a letter informing you of the Admissions Committee's decision as soon as a decision has been made on your application."

since I went complete mid January. I noticed that people on here show a change in their status indicating a decision was rendered, but this tells me that my status checker won't reflect that change, that I'll know by mail. What's the deal?
I was also under the same assumption, but your status will change to "a decision has been made on your file" when your letter has been mailed out.
Delete
Last edited by blackeyeddog on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:33 pm

primusux wrote:Really Baylor? You're going to wait list me? YP much?

Yup. Me too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

savagecheater

Bronze

Post by savagecheater » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Last edited by savagecheater on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Waitlisted!

acoon624

New

Post by acoon624 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Decision was mailed today. Hope its a good one!

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 pm

acoon624 wrote:Decision was mailed today. Hope its a good one!
GL! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

j32f

New

Post by j32f » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Honestly, I don't think it's YP with Baylor. I've heard that their class has simply been full since January.

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm

j32f wrote:Honestly, I don't think it's YP with Baylor. I've heard that their class has simply been full since January.
+1. They also really emphasized in the waitlist letter that they would love to offer you a spot, but they're full. They also said they would automatically accept if I applied for Spring. I think they booked up too fast!

HBK

Bronze

Post by HBK » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:10 pm

akili wrote:
primusux wrote:Really Baylor? You're going to wait list me? YP much?

Yup. Me too.
Same here. After being admitted with $$ to summer term. :( Oh well, I was really just hoping for a full ride or larger scholly.

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm

j32f wrote:Honestly, I don't think it's YP with Baylor. I've heard that their class has simply been full since January.
Do you think that will change after deposits are due?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dalancas

New

Post by dalancas » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:11 pm

Does anyone else have an application in at Baylor that has just sat there for what seems like forever?

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:07 am

dalancas wrote:Does anyone else have an application in at Baylor that has just sat there for what seems like forever?
yes

Gymnast0206

Bronze

Post by Gymnast0206 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:42 pm

So am I to assume that after checking my status checker and it saying a decision has been reached and mailed to me that it's a waitlist?

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Gymnast0206 wrote:So am I to assume that after checking my status checker and it saying a decision has been reached and mailed to me that it's a waitlist?
I would assume yes, unless there is an option to pay your seat deposit.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

I dunno. i applied on feb. 28th and got in like a week later. maybe ppl started withdrawing already?

dalancas

New

Post by dalancas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Just received my denial notice for Fall 2010... but on it they said that they were "ready to accept me" for Spring 2011 and that all I had to do was reactivate my application. To those who were denied/waitlisted already, did you also get the same deal offered to you? Should I count this as an "acceptance" since I just reactivated my app for 2011... I think I will dammit!

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:57 pm

dalancas wrote:Just received my denial notice for Fall 2010... but on it they said that they were "ready to accept me" for Spring 2011 and that all I had to do was reactivate my application. To those who were denied/waitlisted already, did you also get the same deal offered to you? Should I count this as an "acceptance" since I just reactivated my app for 2011... I think I will dammit!
That is what mine said too so I reactivated it for Spring just in case. According to last year, they will start sending out those acceptances after the May 1 application response deadline for Fall.

dalancas

New

Post by dalancas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:03 pm

CmonSD! You are going through the same crap when it comes to USD! I hope you get in!

It is funny because I knew about the quarter system with Baylor -so I was sure I was going to be denied for Fall 2010, but their promise of automatic acceptance for Spring 2011 kind of makes the wait a little more forgivable!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:25 pm

dalancas wrote:CmonSD! You are going through the same crap when it comes to USD! I hope you get in!

It is funny because I knew about the quarter system with Baylor -so I was sure I was going to be denied for Fall 2010, but their promise of automatic acceptance for Spring 2011 kind of makes the wait a little more forgivable!
Aw thanks! Is Baylor your number one?? If I leave SD it will be for SMU or Baylor. Otherwise I am staying put. But seriously, this cycle is draggggggging. My man has served his time overseas faster than these schools have made decisions. 5months+ and counting.... :?

dalancas

New

Post by dalancas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:34 pm

CmonSD wrote:
dalancas wrote:CmonSD! You are going through the same crap when it comes to USD! I hope you get in!

Aw thanks! Is Baylor your number one?? If I leave SD it will be for SMU or Baylor. Otherwise I am staying put. But seriously, this cycle is draggggggging. My man has served his time overseas faster than these schools have made decisions. 5months+ and counting.... :?
Definitely not at this point, but I want to give each school an opportunity to woo me! I just finished up my undergrad at UCSD in December and my roots (and most close friends) are definitely in San Diego at this point. Right now I am looking at moving up from OC to LA for Loyola... but I still want to give USD the opportunity to accept me. Their conduct has so far definitely turned me off to the entire institution. The only reason I would consider USD at this point is because of my friends in SD and not the school itself.

It's ironic because while at UCSD I had a visiting professor from USD Law teaching the upper div class on international laws and institutions. He too was kind of a jerk. For example, prior to the final he tried to convince us that by not giving us a study guide, he was "helping us" study. lol

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:39 pm

dalancas wrote:
CmonSD wrote:

Definitely not at this point, but I want to give each school an opportunity to woo me! I just finished up my undergrad at UCSD in December and my roots (and most close friends) are definitely in San Diego at this point. Right now I am looking at moving up from OC to LA for Loyola... but I still want to give USD the opportunity to accept me. Their conduct has so far definitely turned me off to the entire institution. The only reason I would consider USD at this point is because of my friends in SD and not the school itself.

It's ironic because while at UCSD I had a visiting professor from USD Law teaching the upper div class on international laws and institutions. He too was kind of a jerk. For example, prior to the final he tried to convince us that by not giving us a study guide, he was "helping us" study. lol
How annoying. Loyola is a great school too though! Good luck on your USD decision as well! Three more weeks right?!

da87

Bronze

Post by da87 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:22 pm

dalancas wrote:Just received my denial notice for Fall 2010... but on it they said that they were "ready to accept me" for Spring 2011 and that all I had to do was reactivate my application. To those who were denied/waitlisted already, did you also get the same deal offered to you? Should I count this as an "acceptance" since I just reactivated my app for 2011... I think I will dammit!
when did you go complete?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”