Loyola Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thinkhard
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby thinkhard » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:22 pm

rockababy123 wrote:Seriously? I visited the campus in March and spoke with admissions, they gave me the impression that we would know by the end of April.


According to the Admission Office it would be the beginning or middle of May because they are currently going through all of the files. I believe they do not rank the waitlist candidates and go through each file again.

User avatar
rockababy123
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby rockababy123 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:38 pm

That makes sense. I just hate waiting.

nitr0x99
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby nitr0x99 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:04 pm

I just got the email to pick our sections. Which one are you guys picking?

mrmofo
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby mrmofo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:21 pm

nitr0x99 wrote:I just got the email to pick our sections. Which one are you guys picking?


Section 1. I like that I'd be starting the same time every day. Being finished mon/ wed by noon is also great. I'd sleep in, not study if I didn't have class until 2pm.

User avatar
Hammurabi
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby Hammurabi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Hmm... I've deposited at Loyola put haven't received an email to pick a section. Have other TLS LUC bound students received the email?

mrmofo
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby mrmofo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:46 pm

Hammurabi wrote:Hmm... I've deposited at Loyola put haven't received an email to pick a section. Have other TLS LUC bound students received the email?


Did you pay the deposit in full or just the $250?

User avatar
Hammurabi
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby Hammurabi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Just the $250. Might explain it. What about others?

User avatar
Chiglaw
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby Chiglaw » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Hammurabi wrote:Just the $250. Might explain it. What about others?


Yeah, you needed to pay the full $700 to choose your section.

nitr0x99
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby nitr0x99 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:09 pm

mrmofo wrote:
nitr0x99 wrote:I just got the email to pick our sections. Which one are you guys picking?


Section 1. I like that I'd be starting the same time every day. Being finished mon/ wed by noon is also great. I'd sleep in, not study if I didn't have class until 2pm.


I agree, I think thats the best choice. I would like to have some time during the day free incase I get the chance to volunteer at a law firm during the week.

The only thing I am concerned about is the professors. I went on ratemyprofessors and each section seems to have a mix of good/bad/inbetween professors lol.

mrmofo
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby mrmofo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:14 pm

nitr0x99 wrote:
mrmofo wrote:
nitr0x99 wrote:I just got the email to pick our sections. Which one are you guys picking?


Section 1. I like that I'd be starting the same time every day. Being finished mon/ wed by noon is also great. I'd sleep in, not study if I didn't have class until 2pm.


I agree, I think thats the best choice. I would like to have some time during the day free incase I get the chance to volunteer at a law firm during the week.

The only thing I am concerned about is the professors. I went on ratemyprofessors and each section seems to have a mix of good/bad/inbetween professors lol.



Yes! I noticed that also. Mine has one awesome, one super tough, one really boring but relatively easy. haha

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Withdrew. Never got my decision. The admissions people were courteous though.

CTPhIst
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby CTPhIst » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Anyone else looking at on-campus housing.

nitr0x99
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby nitr0x99 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:47 pm

^^^ Why would you want to live in a dorm? Overpriced IMO

Kobe_Teeth
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:52 pm

nitr0x99 wrote:^^^ Why would you want to live in a dorm? Overpriced IMO


Convenience.

thinkhard
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby thinkhard » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:53 pm

The Tribune reported today that Loyola has seen a 35% increase in applications for the entering class.

User avatar
Chiglaw
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby Chiglaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:29 pm

thinkhard wrote:The Tribune reported today that Loyola has seen a 35% increase in applications for the entering class.


http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... 750.column

Kobe_Teeth
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm assuming you are all Loyola biased. I am too but Kent just offered me 60k vs. loyola's 18k. I'd be dumb not to take the money and run right?

Anyone here have any luck negotiating with Loyola?

nitr0x99
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby nitr0x99 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:51 pm

60K total vs 18K total?


I like Loyola but you would be crazy to pass up the 42K difference for schools that are nearly identical.

Kobe_Teeth
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:19 pm

You are 100% correct. Also the amount of subsidized v. unsubsidized loans I would have to take out makes the $$$ discrepancy even larger. I'm gonna beg Loyola for some money but I'm not counting on it.

User avatar
illini10
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:44 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby illini10 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:21 am

I put a deposit down at Loyola - but Kent has just upped it's offer to full tuition first year and $25k next two years, I liked Loyola better overall but I'm only getting $45,000 total from Loyola. It's too much of difference in cost for not that much difference in schools. I did try getting more money from Loyola and they were very nice about it but they have no more money to give.

darklighter13
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby darklighter13 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:15 am

Finally withdrew from the waitlist. Frankly, I was annoyed to have been placed on it to start with. I know my GPA sucks, but I haven't gotten a grade below a straight B since 2006.

User avatar
rockababy123
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby rockababy123 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:13 pm

I just go an email asking if I wish to remain on the waitlist. Looks like they're beginning to pull from the waitlist.

thinkhard
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby thinkhard » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 pm

rockababy123 wrote:I just go an email asking if I wish to remain on the waitlist. Looks like they're beginning to pull from the waitlist.


They are not pulling from the list yet. They are only determining how many students still want to be on the list and how many spots they are able to fill.

The email stated that they anticipate reviewing the list in mid-June.

mrmofo
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby mrmofo » Thu May 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Has anyone applied for one of the specialized legal writing courses?

User avatar
Chiglaw
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Postby Chiglaw » Fri May 07, 2010 8:00 pm

I'll be applying to the public interest section. Not really sure what the actual differences are from the normal courses tho...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”