Loyola Chicago 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockababy123

New

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Post by rockababy123 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Waitlisted via snail mail. Not too disappointed because I expected to be rejected, but does anyone know how many people Loyola generally admit from the waitlist? Loyola is currently my top choice, so I'm really hoping to be one of the lucky few to be admitted.

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:48 pm

SmittenMitten wrote:Waitlisted. :-(

But-not down and out. I think my numbers/softs are defintely not "reject" status. The thing is though- i applied for the PTD program, and according to some other posters-there is a limited amount of spots for part-time day. My thinking is that maybe I should right a LOCI and include that I am totally good with Part-time Nights?

Anybody?

I don't want to seem annoying...
I doubt it would hurt - mention that you are flexible and that you would really like to attend LUC, etc., etc., etc.

kristela204

New

Post by kristela204 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:50 pm

But-not down and out. I think my numbers/softs are defintely not "reject" status. The thing is though- i applied for the PTD program, and according to some other posters-there is a limited amount of spots for part-time day. My thinking is that maybe I should right a LOCI and include that I am totally good with Part-time Nights?

Anybody?

I think you should definitely let them know that you would consider the PT Evening program as well. From the statistics on their site, it seems like a lot more people are admitted to the PT Evening, so your chances would be better. If you didn't do one of the optional essays, you could send one of those along with your LOCI to give them a bit more to consider.

Good luck!

SmittenMitten

Bronze

Post by SmittenMitten » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 pm

kristela204 wrote:

Anybody?

I think you should definitely let them know that you would consider the PT Evening program as well. From the statistics on their site, it seems like a lot more people are admitted to the PT Evening, so your chances would be better. If you didn't do one of the optional essays, you could send one of those along with your LOCI to give them a bit more to consider.

Good luck!

Thanks Guys! I think I'm going to send them the optional essay-a LOCI and include that I am happy to attend their fabulous PT nights program. My LSAT is above their 75% (for Full Time) and my GPA is below their 25%.

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Yesterday they sent me a merit scholarship offer for $20,000 via email. Apparently in order to keep the scholarship you have to stay above a 3.0. If you fall below, the scholarship is reduced by half. If you get your gpa back to 3.0, the full scholarship is restored.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mrmofo

New

Post by mrmofo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:12 pm

In today via e-mail!!!!!!! OjejbdD%$D^*W%D^&t!!!

kristela204

New

Post by kristela204 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Received a Merit Scholarship today, $7500 per year, not bad for part-time. This makes Chicago look very attractive!!!

jkh

New

Post by jkh » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Accepted via snail mail to PT Day, anyone else?

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Alright, I'm freaking out. Does anyone have any insight? My status check today said a decision was made and the date read 1/31/2010.

I only went complete on 1/27! Should I be worried that the turnaround was so fast? Does that mean I got rejected? Anyone accepted on such a quick timeline?

This will be my first decision of the cycle, so I am having a bit of a meltdown.

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SmittenMitten

Bronze

Post by SmittenMitten » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:28 pm

jkh wrote:Accepted via snail mail to PT Day, anyone else?

If I could ask-becuase that is what I applied with and was waitlisted...are you comfortable posting your numbers? I sort of want to see how far off I am from their admits this year... if not no problem.

mrmofo

New

Post by mrmofo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 pm

CAHopeful wrote:Alright, I'm freaking out. Does anyone have any insight? My status check today said a decision was made and the date read 1/31/2010.

I only went complete on 1/27! Should I be worried that the turnaround was so fast? Does that mean I got rejected? Anyone accepted on such a quick timeline?

This will be my first decision of the cycle, so I am having a bit of a meltdown.

Thanks!
I went complete on 1/14 and received my decision in the mail in 2 weeks. I don't think it's a bad thing... they're just extremely efficient. :D

mrmofo

New

Post by mrmofo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:29 pm

CAHopeful wrote:Alright, I'm freaking out. Does anyone have any insight? My status check today said a decision was made and the date read 1/31/2010.

Thanks!
I was complete and DM in one week, letter in the mail a few days after. What are your numbers? If they are good enough, you could be an auto-admit and they just glanced at 'em.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Decision made 1/31

kristela204

New

Post by kristela204 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:30 pm

SmittenMitten wrote:
jkh wrote:Accepted via snail mail to PT Day, anyone else?

If I could ask-becuase that is what I applied with and was waitlisted...are you comfortable posting your numbers? I sort of want to see how far off I am from their admits this year... if not no problem.
I was accepted into the part-time day program with a merit scholarship at 160/3.72.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:15 am

Thanks!
My turnaround was pretty quick, too, and I'm also DM 1/31. (They're in the future, how cool is that?) I feel like I should be fairly safe with my numbers unless they YP...

als06h

New

Post by als06h » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:28 am

mrmofo wrote:Here's the facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=279292819518
+1. I just joined :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mrmofo

New

Post by mrmofo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:48 pm

als06h wrote:
mrmofo wrote:Here's the facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=279292819518
+1. I just joined :)

+1

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Visited Loyola today, so here is a quick recap of my thoughts. It was a small group of about eight of us including a couple parents and we did a tour lead by a current student there. The tour was really brief, maybe 25 minutes when it was all said and done and I felt like there was a lot of the building I still didn't see, so I honestly can't say very much.

There are a couple floors occupied by an undergraduate library, so there are a few undergraduates who you will run into every now and then I suppose in the eatery they have on the lower level. They don't have access to the law library though, which is nice they try and keep them a little separated.

They are currently renovating and have completed a couple floors already, which look awesome. The courtroom in particular is outstanding - enormous space with a ton of seating, all the court technology you could ask for, and an awesome view of the city from the big glass windows.

The floors that weren't renovated still looked really nice, and overall I was impressed by the facilities. We only saw one smaller classroom that you would typically have as a 2L or 3L but it was very nice. We didn't get a chance to see much of the library, which I found unfortunate, but what we did see seemed nice. The elevators were pretty big and roomy, if that matters at all.

Didn't really get a ton of great information, mostly just stuff you can find on the website. There were even a few things I knew that she didn't even bother to mention, like the great moot court team at Loyola (you would think you would mention this, right?). So, basically it was lacking on the information side of things, but I really just wanted to visit to get a feel for the facilities, which I suppose I have a basic idea of now. There wasn't much I didn't like, to be honest.

samer

Bronze

Post by samer » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:41 pm

traehekat wrote:Visited Loyola today, so here is a quick recap of my thoughts. It was a small group of about eight of us including a couple parents and we did a tour lead by a current student there. The tour was really brief, maybe 25 minutes when it was all said and done and I felt like there was a lot of the building I still didn't see, so I honestly can't say very much.

There are a couple floors occupied by an undergraduate library, so there are a few undergraduates who you will run into every now and then I suppose in the eatery they have on the lower level. They don't have access to the law library though, which is nice they try and keep them a little separated.

They are currently renovating and have completed a couple floors already, which look awesome. The courtroom in particular is outstanding - enormous space with a ton of seating, all the court technology you could ask for, and an awesome view of the city from the big glass windows.

The floors that weren't renovated still looked really nice, and overall I was impressed by the facilities. We only saw one smaller classroom that you would typically have as a 2L or 3L but it was very nice. We didn't get a chance to see much of the library, which I found unfortunate, but what we did see seemed nice. The elevators were pretty big and roomy, if that matters at all.

Didn't really get a ton of great information, mostly just stuff you can find on the website. There were even a few things I knew that she didn't even bother to mention, like the great moot court team at Loyola (you would think you would mention this, right?). So, basically it was lacking on the information side of things, but I really just wanted to visit to get a feel for the facilities, which I suppose I have a basic idea of now. There wasn't much I didn't like, to be honest.
On Fridays you can usually take a tour with someone from the admissions office and they usually provide more information. Just a suggestion. Glad you enjoyed the tour!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:44 pm

samer wrote:
traehekat wrote:Visited Loyola today, so here is a quick recap of my thoughts. It was a small group of about eight of us including a couple parents and we did a tour lead by a current student there. The tour was really brief, maybe 25 minutes when it was all said and done and I felt like there was a lot of the building I still didn't see, so I honestly can't say very much.

On Fridays you can usually take a tour with someone from the admissions office and they usually provide more information. Just a suggestion. Glad you enjoyed the tour!
Ah, wish I had known that! I did a tour of DePaul on a Friday and it was lead by someone from the admissions office and was far more informative. I may consider doing a second visit, there are actually a number of questions I wanted to ask but I felt as a 1L she may not have been able to answer.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

als06h

New

Post by als06h » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:44 pm

Was your tour this past Friday at 11? That's the one I was on. A little upset we didn't see more of the Library. But overall, very impressed with Loyola. Pretty much sold. :)

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:13 am

For anyone with a 1/31 "decision made" status - mind sharing when you went complete? I'm curious to see if anyone was under review for as little time as me. I went complete 1/27 and dm 1/29 (although date said dm 1/31).

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:59 am

I'm too lazy to check right now, but my complete date is on LSN. Happened fairly quickly, but took longer than 2 days!

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 am

als06h wrote: Was your tour this past Friday at 11? That's the one I was on. A little upset we didn't see more of the Library. But overall, very impressed with Loyola. Pretty much sold. :)
I went on a tour last year, and I will probably be attending one of the admitted student days, but I cant say Im excited about the possibility of attending Loyola anymore. Ill agree that the courtroom was very impressive, but im 'eh' about studying downtown. Having lived in the city (read: not suburbia) most of my life, and having worked downtown for a couple years, the allure just isnt there for me anymore. I think I would prefer more of a college town/campus to study law than a single high rise building. But thats just my opinion. Who knows, maybe ill still end up at loyola.....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”