Loyola Chicago 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mrmofo

New

Re: Loyola Chicago 2010

Post by mrmofo » Sat May 08, 2010 8:39 pm

Well if I understand correctly, there's no real difference from the regular classes in terms of curriculum. It's just that the cases you learn from are specifically IP, health law, or public interest related.

eatlocal

New

Post by eatlocal » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Is anyone on the waitlist?

I now that after today they will start looking into the waitlist right??

thinkhard

New

Post by thinkhard » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:43 pm

I am currently still on the waitlist. The letter sent out a month ago asking if we wanted to remain on the list stated there was less than 500 people on the entire list. Today is the deadline for seat deposits and after today the school will start reviewing the list and contacting applicants by phone.

rockababy123

New

Post by rockababy123 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm still on the waitlist as well. We should be hearing news anytime now.

Rosebud523

New

Post by Rosebud523 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:56 pm

me too! Lets hope for good news!!! Good Luck :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

musshockey15

New

Post by musshockey15 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:03 pm

I know its only been a day but anyone hear anything since?

rockababy123

New

Post by rockababy123 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:05 pm

I just received an email from admissions stating that it's unlikely that anyone will be pulled from the waitlist within the next two weeks. Did everyone receive a similar email?

musshockey15

New

Post by musshockey15 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Just showed up in my inbox a second ago. Kinda stinks they aren't going to let us know sooner. Kinda doesn't stink there is still a chance.

rockababy123

New

Post by rockababy123 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:22 pm

I want to attend really bad, so it's kind of bitter sweet. I would have loved to be off the waitlist (as I'm sure you would as well), but I'm certainly willing to wait it out for a while longer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LoyolaLaw2012

Bronze

Post by LoyolaLaw2012 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm an upcoming 2L at Loyola. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. I'm glad to help!

musshockey15

New

Post by musshockey15 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:58 am

It seems like one high LSAT splitter was accepted yesterday according to LSN. Anyone else get accepted? Anyone elect to remove themselves from the waitlist?

thinkhard

New

Post by thinkhard » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:17 pm

Did you get an email from Admissions yesterday? According to the email, no one was going to be pulled from the list in the next two weeks. But who knows.

musshockey15

New

Post by musshockey15 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Yeah got the e-mail. Just to make sure, you read the e-mail as not having to update anything if you wanted to remain on the waitlist. One only needed to reply that they no longer wanted to stay on. Right?

Anyone else take them up on their offer to get put on both the full-time and part-time waitlists?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thinkhard

New

Post by thinkhard » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Yes I read it the same way.

Wait, there was an offer to be put on both waitlists?

rockababy123

New

Post by rockababy123 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:30 pm

thinkhard wrote:Yes I read it the same way.

Wait, there was an offer to be put on both waitlists?
I don't think they mentioned the option to be put on the PT waitlist in my email either.

musshockey15

New

Post by musshockey15 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Yeah it happened awhile ago, maybe March? Definitely months ago. You were given the option to leaving the waitlist, remaining full time waitlist or being considered for both full time and part time. If you end up calling admissions to see if you can get on the part time ask some questions about when we are really going to find out please!

musshockey15

New

Post by musshockey15 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:56 am

any updates?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rockababy123

New

Post by rockababy123 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:25 pm

I haven't heard anything.

lewis louis

Bronze

Post by lewis louis » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:55 pm

It seems lik alot of admissions sent out a message like this. I don't think, on a whole, there will be as many Waitlist-IN's as in the past. Alot of classes are full after final seat deposits.

musshockey15

New

Post by musshockey15 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:41 am

lewis louis wrote:It seems lik alot of admissions sent out a message like this. I don't think, on a whole, there will be as many Waitlist-IN's as in the past. Alot of classes are full after final seat deposits.
I beg to differ. Not sure what you are basing your statement on but I was pulled off the waitlist at three comparable schools in May.

Also I have had some communication with the Dean of Admissions and it seems like they go through all the applications again before making any decisions, hence the two-week period.

thinkhard

New

Post by thinkhard » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:37 pm

musshockey15 wrote:
lewis louis wrote:It seems lik alot of admissions sent out a message like this. I don't think, on a whole, there will be as many Waitlist-IN's as in the past. Alot of classes are full after final seat deposits.
I beg to differ. Not sure what you are basing your statement on but I was pulled off the waitlist at three comparable schools in May.

Also I have had some communication with the Dean of Admissions and it seems like they go through all the applications again before making any decisions, hence the two-week period.

I agree, since the waitlist is not ranked the Admissions Committee would have to go through the applications again, otherwise it would be some sort of weird lottery.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lewis louis

Bronze

Post by lewis louis » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:34 pm

The fact that you had 3 comparable schools pull you off the waitlist means nothing to my point. All i'm saying is that I got similar messages from law schools that subsequently said that the class was full after the final deposit date and any offers would be sent out late in the summer. That's not to say NO ONE is getting pulled off, but just fewer than in the past. If it's a ranked list, and your numbers got you to the top of most waitlists, of course you'd get off most lists.
thinkhard wrote:
musshockey15 wrote:

I agree, since the waitlist is not ranked the Admissions Committee would have to go through the applications again, otherwise it would be some sort of weird lottery.

anthropologieaddict

Bronze

Post by anthropologieaddict » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:39 pm

lewis louis wrote:The fact that you had 3 comparable schools pull you off the waitlist means nothing to my point. All i'm saying is that I got similar messages from law schools that subsequently said that the class was full after the final deposit date and any offers would be sent out late in the summer. That's not to say NO ONE is getting pulled off, but just fewer than in the past. If it's a ranked list, and your numbers got you to the top of most waitlists, of course you'd get off most lists.
thinkhard wrote:
musshockey15 wrote:

Sorry, maybe I am missing something, but your above post makes no sense since almost all schools do not rank their waitlists (including Loyola as stated previously.) So at most schools no one would be at the 'top' of any waitlists. Sure, you could be above their LSAT and GPA medians, but that has nothing to do with being at the 'top' of the waitlist.

lewis louis

Bronze

Post by lewis louis » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Really? that one sentence makes it impossible to comprehend the entire thing? Ok, i'll fix it:

The fact that you had 3 comparable schools pull you off the waitlist means nothing to my point. All i'm saying is that I got similar messages from law schools that subsequently said that the class was full after the final deposit date and any offers would be sent out late in the summer. That's not to say NO ONE is getting pulled off, but just fewer than in the past. your anecdotal evidence doesn't strongly disprove my theory.

musshockey15

New

Post by musshockey15 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:45 pm

lewis louis wrote:Really? that one sentence makes it impossible to comprehend the entire thing? Ok, i'll fix it:

The fact that you had 3 comparable schools pull you off the waitlist means nothing to my point. All i'm saying is that I got similar messages from law schools that subsequently said that the class was full after the final deposit date and any offers would be sent out late in the summer. That's not to say NO ONE is getting pulled off, but just fewer than in the past. your anecdotal evidence doesn't strongly disprove my theory.
I'm just saying that there is no basis for you saying this. Obviously the class isn't full, according to LSN two have already been taken off the WL, further I'm not sure what sort of empirical data you have to substantiate a claim of...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”