U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ctaylor21

Re: U Washington

Postby ctaylor21 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:18 pm

buddyblack wrote:
barrydukakis wrote:and just received the e-mail. That's a big negative.

Roger that, no love for me either.

So they notify you even if you are not selected for the interview? I didn't get anything and I still don't have a admissions decision though I thought I would by now. This is getting frustrating.

dcrlo3

Postby dcrlo3 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:24 pm

status checker went blank on 3/15/10 and under 'mailing description' shows 'decision letter 3/15/10' and 'decision letter 3/17/10' any ideas why this is?

K's Logic

Postby K's Logic » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:25 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:status checker went blank on 3/15/10 and under 'mailing description' shows 'decision letter 3/15/10' and 'decision letter 3/17/10' any ideas why this is?
Last edited by K's Logic on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:29 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
kevin261186 wrote:my status checked just went blank!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Good luck!

I see that you made this post a while back
"Having moved to Seattle from Scotland 5 months ago, I feel fairly well qualified to answer this as an outsider moving to a totally new place. I found an internship at a law firm here and have been working here for five months, while studying for the LSAT and applying to law schools. Meeting people..."

I thought your description of Seattle was apt and hilarious and reblogged in on my blog (not recently, when it was made).

Ah the classic "Seattle Freeze" my Seattleite friends warned me about. Usually its a rather quiet covert thing, but over at LSN the freeze has metastatized into a blizzard (posting comments like "why is everyone obsessed with Seattle?")

As much as I love the city, Seattle has its drawbacks...more mass transit creeper guys than any other American or Canadian city I've been to. Worst of all they still do the wave...perhaps its the hardened Chicagoan within me who will forever think that it uber lame.

Btw no blank screen for me yet.
Last edited by PlugInBaby on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:38 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:
kevin261186 wrote:my status checked just went blank!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Good luck!

"Having moved to Seattle from Scotland 5 months ago, I feel fairly well qualified to answer this as an outsider moving to a totally new place. I found an internship at a law firm here and have been working here for five months, while studying for the LSAT and applying to law schools. Meeting people..."

I thought your description of Seattle was apt and hilarious and reblogged in on my blog (not recently, when it was made).

Ah the classic "Seattle Freeze" my Seattleite friends warned me about. Usually its a rather quiet covert thing, but over at LSN the freeze has metastatized into a blizzard (posting comments like "why is everyone obsessed with Seattle?"

As much as I love the city, Seattle has its drawbacks...more mass transit creeper guys than any other American or Canadian city I've been to. Worst of all they still do the wave...perhaps its the hardened Chicagoan within me who will forever think that it uber lame.

Hm, I've only used the mass transit system 3 times in Seattle. Used it every day when I lived in Chicago. This one time, this 40 year old guy came on the bus smelling like beer, garbage, and puke (it was still on his shirt). That's not that weird though, the weird thing was that he was carrying a baby with him.

What's a mass transit creeper?

(Not blank either).

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:56 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

Good luck!

Ah the classic "Seattle Freeze" my Seattleite friends warned me about. Usually its a rather quiet covert thing, but over at LSN the freeze has metastatized into a blizzard (posting comments like "why is everyone obsessed with Seattle?"

Hm, I've only used the mass transit system 3 times in Seattle. Used it every day when I lived in Chicago. This one time, this 40 year old guy came on the bus smelling like beer, garbage, and puke (it was still on his shirt). That's not that weird though, the weird thing was that he was carrying a baby with him.

What's a mass transit creeper?

(Not blank either).

A mass transit creeper are men (and always men) who are just letchers and wannabe pick up artists who engage with women in a very unclassy manner. For example a guy who smacked my behind as I left a Sound Transit bus would be a mass transit creeper. Or the guy who just stares at you for the whole bus ride from Seattle to Tacoma. Or that obnoxious guy who can't take a hint that you have zero interest in him. Of course I encountered such people in Chicago from time to time, but it seemed to have happen far more often in Seattle than it did in Chicago, St. Louis, Phoenix and the likes.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:45 pm

I'm convinced I'm in :mrgreen: . With an auto-reject lsat score, yet a fantastic heartfelt story with strong grades and LOR's, I can't imagine they would say no this late in the cycle (considering that I have been In Review since January). Or, they forgot to send me my rejection letter. :wink:

Bohemka

Postby Bohemka » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:15 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:status checker went blank on 3/15/10 and under 'mailing description' shows 'decision letter 3/15/10' and 'decision letter 3/17/10' any ideas why this is?

Just a guess here, but maybe the first mailing is your acceptance letter and the second is the scholarship info/application? I received the scholarship info 2 or 3 days after acceptance.

griffkin

Postby griffkin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:31 am

In review since 2/22. Still no blank status checker. UW is my first choice.

I want to die.

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 am

griffkin wrote:I want to die.

They say Seattle is your kind of place, then.

Seriously, though. ... I'm getting a touch antsy as well. Trying to schedule a trip to Lewis&Clark in 3 weeks, and I have to fly in to Seattle. I'd hate to be in the neighborhood my one chance pre-enrollment and not know my UW fate.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:52 am

UW is pissing me off too... I need to make a decision here very soon. I'm not rich and can't afford to be sending in multiple seat deposits while they take their sweet ass time.

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:58 am

Did anyone that went blank on Monday get snail mail yet? My status checker is still blank, but nothing is listed under the "mailings" section. I'm in NYC, so even if they put something in the mail on Tuesday it wouldn't be here yet. This waiting HAS to be over soon. I'm going through too much antacid...

solana

Postby solana » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:05 am

Bobalou wrote:Did anyone that went blank on Monday get snail mail yet? My status checker is still blank, but nothing is listed under the "mailings" section. I'm in NYC, so even if they put something in the mail on Tuesday it wouldn't be here yet. This waiting HAS to be over soon. I'm going through too much antacid...

same for me--blank on/about monday and nothing in the mail yet, status checker still blank and nothing under "mailings". I'm in CO though so I'm hoping for something in the mail today--cross your fingers

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:18 am

Neelio wrote:UW is pissing me off too... I need to make a decision here very soon. I'm not rich and can't afford to be sending in multiple seat deposits while they take their sweet ass time.

Maybe you should call and let them know that you have a seat deposit deadline coming up and ask if it would be possible to get a decision by that time. It would at least let them know that you would likely choose UW over the other schools you have been accepted to.

Is it Davis for you if you don't get accepted at UW? Strangely, last year I heard from UW in early February and was still waiting to hear from Davis about this time. Given your numbers, I'd be kind of shocked if you didn't get accepted, though I guess their decisions have been pretty unpredictable, and it has been a really long time. Good luck!

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:22 am

jcl2 wrote:
Neelio wrote:UW is pissing me off too... I need to make a decision here very soon. I'm not rich and can't afford to be sending in multiple seat deposits while they take their sweet ass time.

Maybe you should call and let them know that you have a seat deposit deadline coming up and ask if it would be possible to get a decision by that time. It would at least let them know that you would likely choose UW over the other schools you have been accepted to.

Is it Davis for you if you don't get accepted at UW? Strangely, last year I heard from UW in early February and was still waiting to hear from Davis about this time. Given your numbers, I'd be kind of shocked if you didn't get accepted, though I guess their decisions have been pretty unpredictable, and it has been a really long time. Good luck!

Good call... maybe I should call today. As of now, it is UC Davis if UW doesn't work out, but I really, really want the latter. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully this works out!

dcrlo3

Postby dcrlo3 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Bohemka wrote:

Just a guess here, but maybe the first mailing is your acceptance letter and the second is the scholarship info/application? I received the scholarship info 2 or 3 days after acceptance.

I considered that also.. Hopefully that is the case! Did your status check have the same paradoxical mailing status?

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:44 pm

my status went blank on the 15th as well and i didnt have any such status with decision letter mailed and all...hope that doesnt mean rejection :shock:

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:53 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:I'm convinced I'm in :mrgreen: . With an auto-reject lsat score, yet a fantastic heartfelt story with strong grades and LOR's, I can't imagine they would say no this late in the cycle (considering that I have been In Review since January). Or, they forgot to send me my rejection letter. :wink:

I'm the opposite. I felt like I had a good shot, but the longer this process takes, the more and more I'm convinced that I'm going to be rejected. Someone on LSN with the same LSAT as me but .03 higher GPA got in, but someone else with the same LSAT but .03 lower GPA got rejected (he got into Berkeley, so don't feel bad), so I figured I'm a coin flip at this point. Whatever the decision is, at least I won't be shocked. I've had plenty of time to go over all the possible scenarios.

kevin261186

Postby kevin261186 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:22 pm

I live about 2 miles from the U and my decision letter was mailed yesterday. I'm currently sittnig at work until 430 shitting myself about the contents of that envlope. this is the only school I would actually think about attending.

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:26 pm

kevin261186 wrote:I live about 2 miles from the U and my decision letter was mailed yesterday. I'm currently sittnig at work until 430 shitting myself about the contents of that envlope. this is the only school I would actually think about attending.

Your status checker had a date under "mailings"?

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:29 pm

kevin261186 wrote:I live about 2 miles from the U and my decision letter was mailed yesterday. I'm currently sittnig at work until 430 shitting myself about the contents of that envlope. this is the only school I would actually think about attending.

I feel bad for your coworkers, but good luck!

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:46 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:I'm convinced I'm in :mrgreen: . With an auto-reject lsat score, yet a fantastic heartfelt story with strong grades and LOR's, I can't imagine they would say no this late in the cycle (considering that I have been In Review since January). Or, they forgot to send me my rejection letter. :wink:

I'm the opposite. I felt like I had a good shot, but the longer this process takes, the more and more I'm convinced that I'm going to be rejected. Someone on LSN with the same LSAT as me but .03 higher GPA got in, but someone else with the same LSAT but .03 lower GPA got rejected (he got into Berkeley, so don't feel bad), so I figured I'm a coin flip at this point. Whatever the decision is, at least I won't be shocked. I've had plenty of time to go over all the possible scenarios.

Honestly Hersey, I have no idea what is going on with my app. What I do know is this: every other school I applied to rejected me as quickly as possible (RD response by early December at one school, for example). As far as UW, heck, I'll just assume I will be rejected for no other reason but my test score. However, if accepted, I will run fanatically, with letter in hand, all the way to Seattle. :lol:

In short, my unique circumstances and life experience is what keeps me optimistic, because to be quite honest, the lsat doesn't indicate how effective one would be as an attorney, which is why I believe my story is holding up. But apparently, the lsat is sooooo important, yet I know people that scored low, but graduated at the top of their class; and, I also know of biglaw attorneys that scored 170, but are out of the field in less than two years (and are now lsat instructors, recruiters at staffing agencies, etc.). Having 5 years of paralegal exp., I can say many law school hopefuls don't have a clue of what their bargaining for (by working in biglaw), and rely too much on superior lsat scores as though it is a right of passage into law school and beyond. When in reality, it's all about billable hours and no personal life. Sound fun? :wink:

Bohemka

Postby Bohemka » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:00 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:
Bohemka wrote:

I considered that also.. Hopefully that is the case! Did your status check have the same paradoxical mailing status?

I don't think I had anything under my mailing status when I went blank. Can't really remember though. Looking at my status checker now, I have 2 dates under mailings and they are both 3/10, which is a little strange because that's the day I actually received the acceptance letter in the mail. Scholarship application came a couple days after that, so I think 3/10 was the day they mailed that.
Not sure if that helps or just adds more confusion to it all. Either way it seems you'll be getting the decision soon enough. Hope it's good news!

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:08 pm

HerseyChris wrote:

I can sympathize with both, but overall I do see it as a coin flip, especially considering the LSN numbers. Dings to the left, admits to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with you as I await to see what Mr. Blond (and purple) decides to do next.

algren

Postby algren » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:11 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

I can sympathize with both, but overall I do see it as a coin flip, especially considering the LSN numbers. Dings to the left, admits to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with you as I await to see what Mr. Blond (and purple) decides to do next.

I'm on that line at so many schools.... ugh. Makes me ill just thinking about it.

Three cheers for all you former and current Chicagoans by the way. I've been here for about 5.5 years now. I'll miss everything but the winter.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”