U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
akili

Re: U Washington

Postby akili » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Yikes! I'm in review (finally) as of 3/10 . I'm SO nervous. UW is a game-changer for me. I guess how long I'm in review could greatly vary, right?

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:52 pm

akili wrote:Yikes! I'm in review (finally) as of 3/10 . I'm SO nervous. UW is a game-changer for me. I guess how long I'm in review could greatly vary, right?

Nice, I know how much you want UW, so good luck to you!

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:58 pm

akili wrote:Yikes! I'm in review (finally) as of 3/10 . I'm SO nervous. UW is a game-changer for me. I guess how long I'm in review could greatly vary, right?

i've been in review since beginning of feb, with multiple date changes, so yes haha

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:07 pm

so i called admissions today... they said they will have all decisions out by April 1. So, besides those who get WL, at most 20 days left in this horrendous waiting game! I guess that's the silver lining...

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Neelio wrote:so i called admissions today... they said they will have all decisions out by April 1. So, besides those who get WL, at most 20 days left in this horrendous waiting game! I guess that's the silver lining...

That's good to know. I've been IR since 2/22.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Congrats, now you, me and pluginbaby are all In Review. According to a recent post, someone called admissions and they said they will have all decisions made by 4/1. At best, you'll be in review until then.

I'm so nervous myself, I've been in review since January and don't know what to make of it. It will hurt even more so if they ding me. :cry:

taw856

Postby taw856 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:06 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
akili wrote:Yikes! I'm in review (finally) as of 3/10.
According to a recent post, someone called admissions and they said they will have all decisions made by 4/1. At best, you'll be in review until then.

Dunno if it's any cause for optimism or not, but I'm not in review yet -- so you're probably not the very last batch and as a result might theoretically not hear last, or something. :|

seattlite

Postby seattlite » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:15 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:

Congrats, now you, me and pluginbaby are all In Review. According to a recent post, someone called admissions and they said they will have all decisions made by 4/1. At best, you'll be in review until then.

I'm so nervous myself, I've been in review since January and don't know what to make of it. It will hurt even more so if they ding me. :cry:

I'm in review too now as of 03/10. Yeah to all of us in review ! And to those who aren't in review yet, I am sure you will be in review very, very soon. :)

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:21 pm

anybody that went IR 03/05 or 03/06 (from a previous IR date) go blank yet?

crm

Postby crm » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Neelio wrote:anybody that went IR 03/05 or 03/06 (from a previous IR date) go blank yet?

nope! and UW is one of the few schools that will make a difference in my decision so it sucks that I haven't heard back yet...

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:28 pm

crm wrote:
Neelio wrote:anybody that went IR 03/05 or 03/06 (from a previous IR date) go blank yet?

nope! and UW is one of the few schools that will make a difference in my decision so it sucks that I haven't heard back yet...

tell me about it... my whole law school future relies on it. I've been waitlisted at a few, and accepted to Davis and Utah. My gf and I live in NYC, and our lease is up in May. She has been accepted to the Bus. School at UW, and is going. Trying to get out of here as early as possible so as to avoid moving within New York for just a month or two. Unfortunately, can't make any decisions until I find out from them. Sucks. real. bad.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Neelio wrote:
crm wrote:

tell me about it... my whole law school future relies on it. I've been waitlisted at a few, and accepted to Davis and Utah. My gf and I live in NYC, and our lease is up in May. She has been accepted to the Bus. School at UW, and is going. Trying to get out of here as early as possible so as to avoid moving within New York for just a month or two. Unfortunately, can't make any decisions until I find out from them. Sucks. real. bad.

My lease is up in May as well, but my landlord said I could have a cycle of one month leases for $200 dollars more per month. Not ideal, but better than nothing. Of course I already live in the Seattle area, but I think I'd move into my mom's house for a few months to save on rent. It's so nerve-wracking because LSN doesn't give a good idea of how many people have been accepted, and of those that have been accepted, it's hard to tell who's actually going. I have a feeling that the 3/5's will go blank tomorrow or early next week, but that's probably more hope than reason.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Here's my theory about the application cycle: UW stated on their website they start looking at RD apps beginning in January, and will have all decisions by April 1. If this is the case, and they have roughly 3k applicants this cycle, I would posit they review and make decisions with 800-1k apps a month (Jan., Feb., Mar.), in order to meet their self-described deadline. Of course there is wiggle room, which they have complete flexibility to do so. However, being that each of us went "In Review" in either the beginning, middle and end, of the months of Jan., Feb., with Mar. happening now, it's plausible for me to assert this position.

I would say they are now reviewing the final quarter, or so, of applications, which would give them the "holistic" approach, to combine with those of us having since been in review to make the final decisions that will ultimately be comprised of class of 2013.

Good luck!

crm

Postby crm » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:39 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
Neelio wrote:
crm wrote:

My lease is up in May as well, but my landlord said I could have a cycle of one month leases for $200 dollars more per month. Not ideal, but better than nothing. Of course I already live in the Seattle area, but I think I'd move into my mom's house for a few months to save on rent. It's so nerve-wracking because LSN doesn't give a good idea of how many people have been accepted, and of those that have been accepted, it's hard to tell who's actually going. I have a feeling that the 3/5's will go blank tomorrow or early next week, but that's probably more hope than reason.

yea, I have to be out by beginning of June so might as well be May. and I really would like to get to where I am going ASAP to start the whole moving process and so that my gf can look for a job. I really hope I get in, everything about it is perfect...I should've stayed that fourth year of UG and raised my GPA..maybe then I would have a better shot...here's to hoping though! Good luck to you all

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Negativo

KIM_SAYS:

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:18 am

Neelio wrote:so i called admissions today... they said they will have all decisions out by April 1. So, besides those who get WL, at most 20 days left in this horrendous waiting game! I guess that's the silver lining...

Um...they better start crackin' then. I'm still not in review, and I know there are others who are not also.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:21 am

ProfitsProphets wrote:Here's my theory about the application cycle: UW stated on their website they start looking at RD apps beginning in January, and will have all decisions by April 1. If this is the case, and they have roughly 3k applicants this cycle, I would posit they review and make decisions with 800-1k apps a month (Jan., Feb., Mar.), in order to meet their self-described deadline. Of course there is wiggle room, which they have complete flexibility to do so. However, being that each of us went "In Review" in either the beginning, middle and end, of the months of Jan., Feb., with Mar. happening now, it's plausible for me to assert this position.

I would say they are now reviewing the final quarter, or so, of applications, which would give them the "holistic" approach, to combine with those of us having since been in review to make the final decisions that will ultimately be comprised of class of 2013.

Good luck!

This seems very well reasoned. A sidenote though: I've heard that they received closer to 2.6k applicants.

I suspect we'll all know by late March, as they're likely shooting for letters to arrive by April 1st in order for students (like us!) to avoid having to pay deposits for elsewhere, which we would be happy to ditch for UW School of Law.

crm

Postby crm » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:Here's my theory about the application cycle: UW stated on their website they start looking at RD apps beginning in January, and will have all decisions by April 1. If this is the case, and they have roughly 3k applicants this cycle, I would posit they review and make decisions with 800-1k apps a month (Jan., Feb., Mar.), in order to meet their self-described deadline. Of course there is wiggle room, which they have complete flexibility to do so. However, being that each of us went "In Review" in either the beginning, middle and end, of the months of Jan., Feb., with Mar. happening now, it's plausible for me to assert this position.

Good luck!

This seems very well reasoned. A sidenote though: I've heard that they received closer to 2.6k applicants.

I suspect we'll all know by late March, as they're likely shooting for letters to arrive by April 1st in order for students (like us!) to avoid having to pay deposits for elsewhere, which we would be happy to ditch for UW School of Law.

+1, lets hope so!

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:17 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:

Good luck!

This means decisions could be reached by spring break, :shock: (fingers crossed)!

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:52 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:

Good luck!

Last year they had 2450, and I thought someone was told by admissions that apps were up 20% this year, which would be close to 3000. Not that it really matters, but if they really did increase that significantly, maybe that partially explains the delay this year, in addition to the new staff of course.

On a separate note, I kind of wonder how many more applicants UW would get if they extended their app date a little bit, even just until February 1, January 15 is really early, a lot of people are just beginning the application process at that point for many schools.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:05 pm

come on UW... let's get some blank status checkers for the IR 03/05 and 03/06 crowd! don't let me down!

xenoscs

Postby xenoscs » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Finally, I'm in review as of 3/12. I had been ready for review since 1/27.

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Been in review since 2/22.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:41 pm

My status checker still doesn't even say complete....although I have been since the deadline according to the lady I spoke to. Not sure what that means but I assume my application is in a dark corner of the basement or something.

KIM_SAYS:

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:30 pm

For those of us who are still "Ready for Review."

"Hello Kim,

Many files are already in review. All remaining files will be in review by the middle of next week. We still expect to release decisions by April 1. Please let me know if you have any further questions."

I sent an e-mail asking them how much longer we'd have to wait until we were actually in review. I'm seriously wondering though in what order they're reviewing the apps. For those who are still waiting for review, did you guys send an addendum?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”