U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mle0918
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby mle0918 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:42 pm

seattlite wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:Is anyone not in review?


Sadly, yes, I am still "Ready for Review" as of 01/12/10. :(

Hopefully, I will be In Review soon. I just hope that there will still be acceptance slots available when I go into review. :wink:



+1

User avatar
ProfitsProphets
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:02 am

Re: U Washington

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Does anyone agree being In Review for a short period means bad news? Or is there no rhyme or reason to how long the adcomms review one's apps?

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:13 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:Does anyone agree being In Review for a short period means bad news? Or is there no rhyme or reason to how long the adcomms review one's apps?

I'm going off memory here, so I could be wrong, but I believe someone went IR on 2/22, decision on 2/26, and then got their acceptance by 3/5. I would say short just means practically auto accept or reject?

User avatar
TCScrutinizer
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby TCScrutinizer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Wow WashU is taking FOREVER to get back to me. I got an auto-admit from comparably ranked, and even more highly ranked schools, most with $$.

What the hell?

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: U Washington

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:15 pm

TCS wrote:Wow WashU is taking FOREVER to get back to me. I got an auto-admit from comparably ranked, and even more highly ranked schools, most with $$.

What the hell?


You mean U of Wash...Wash U is in STL. Both fine schools in fine cities. Just want to make sure you are in the right place :)

User avatar
TCScrutinizer
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby TCScrutinizer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:16 am

PlugInBaby wrote:
TCS wrote:Wow WashU is taking FOREVER to get back to me. I got an auto-admit from comparably ranked, and even more highly ranked schools, most with $$.

What the hell?


You mean U of Wash...Wash U is in STL. Both fine schools in fine cities. Just want to make sure you are in the right place :)


But of course. The one in Seattle. I applied to them first and I may hear from them last.

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:06 pm

TCS wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
TCS wrote:Wow WashU is taking FOREVER to get back to me. I got an auto-admit from comparably ranked, and even more highly ranked schools, most with $$.

What the hell?


You mean U of Wash...Wash U is in STL. Both fine schools in fine cities. Just want to make sure you are in the right place :)


But of course. The one in Seattle. I applied to them first and I may hear from them last.


As discussed before on this thread, UW can be oddly particular about who and when they decide to review apps. Though since you're a splitter, things would be random as to when they send a decision out.

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: U Washington

Postby PlugInBaby » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:26 am

Per LSN: an applicant from rural Wisconsin with a 3.5/175 got dinged

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/brewcity87/jd

So much for my hopes that my midwestern charm may win the adcomms over.

I'm starting to feel like I am this guy in the eyes of the U-Dub adcomm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wip2azafDE

I just hope I can beat the gong too.

User avatar
yours
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby yours » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:39 am

accepted via snail mail. went complete in early january. my compliments to the adcomms. and thanks too!

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:06 pm

yours wrote:accepted via snail mail. went complete in early january. my compliments to the adcomms. and thanks too!


Congratulations. Any idea if you will attend?

User avatar
yours
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby yours » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Yeah about 80%.
My situation: 2 kids. WA resident. Waiting to hear from some higher ranked schools. Not expecting a lot of scholly $. Already on 2 waiting lists.
Thank you!

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Neelio » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Dear UW,

Please make my status checker go blank today.

Thanks
neelio

User avatar
jcl2
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby jcl2 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:39 pm

It is really strange how slow they are moving this year. I think last year they had made almost all of the decisions by now, they mostly came in big waves in February. It seems like just a slow trickle this year.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:44 pm

jcl2 wrote:It is really strange how slow they are moving this year. I think last year they had made almost all of the decisions by now, they mostly came in big waves in February. It seems like just a slow trickle this year.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!


New dean, new admissions staff.
It seems strange that Neelio wasn't an auto-accept in my mind. 165 3.88, decent/good softs plus a visit to UW? Seems like auto-admit to me.

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: U Washington

Postby PlugInBaby » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:17 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
jcl2 wrote:It is really strange how slow they are moving this year. I think last year they had made almost all of the decisions by now, they mostly came in big waves in February. It seems like just a slow trickle this year.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!


New dean, new admissions staff.
It seems strange that Neelio wasn't an auto-accept in my mind. 165 3.88, decent/good softs plus a visit to UW? Seems like auto-admit to me.


Do they really keep track about who visits a school? If so does it really make any difference? I visited U-Dub way back in the beginning of October. A few days before I visited Seattle U....got rewarded with a wailtist despite being above the 75th percentile in both LSAT and GPA.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby akili » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:30 pm

If it would help, I would be there this weekend.

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Image
University of Washington


Obviously a computer did something to this picture but it's still pretty nonetheless.
Last edited by HerseyChris on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: U Washington

Postby uwb09 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:30 pm

HerseyChris wrote:Image
University of Washington


Obviously a computer did someting to this picture but it's still pretty nonetheless.

non-computer altered picture of that area

Image

Bohemka
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby Bohemka » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Received acceptance letter in the mail today :D
Status check went blank on Monday. WA State resident with GPA slightly below median and >75% LSAT.

KIM_SAYS:
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 am

Re: U Washington

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:39 pm

uwb09 wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:Image
University of Washington


Obviously a computer did someting to this picture but it's still pretty nonetheless.

non-computer altered picture of that area

Image


Did you take that? That's exactly what campus looked like today. :D

User avatar
lifeaway1985
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 am

Re: U Washington

Postby lifeaway1985 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:32 pm

Those pics make me want UW more... :mrgreen:

aPosseAdEsse
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:19 am

Re: U Washington

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:51 am

Bohemka wrote:Received acceptance letter in the mail today :D
Status check went blank on Monday. WA State resident with GPA slightly below median and >75% LSAT.


Congrats! Hope to join you!

*fingers crossed*

Bohemka
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby Bohemka » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:51 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:
Bohemka wrote:Received acceptance letter in the mail today :D
Status check went blank on Monday. WA State resident with GPA slightly below median and >75% LSAT.


Congrats! Hope to join you!

*fingers crossed*


Thanks :)
Don't see your LSAT, but your GPA in your profile is higher than mine.
Good Luck!!!

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:32 pm

There seem to be a lot of 75% LSAT accepted recently. I'm not sure if this should give me hope, or if it should make me worried since perhaps they'll fill their top 25% LSAT quota and start looking for more GPA oriented applicants.

Bohemka
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby Bohemka » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:16 pm

HerseyChris wrote:There seem to be a lot of 75% LSAT accepted recently. I'm not sure if this should give me hope, or if it should make me worried since perhaps they'll fill their top 25% LSAT quota and start looking for more GPA oriented applicants.


I don't know if I would look too much into stuff like that. If anything you'll just drive yourself crazy :wink:
With your numbers + in-state status, I think your chances of admission look pretty good.
Best of luck!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Doesthenamematter, Exabot [Bot], liuwenyu, malysh, MSNbot Media, rizzlebizness and 10 guests