U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ozarkhack

Re: U Washington

Postby ozarkhack » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:25 am

Went "In Review" yesterday (3/4). After hanging around "Ready" for it since 12/29. Fingers crossed, though SO has said UW is out for her. We'll see.

Whitters

Postby Whitters » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:12 pm

I'm still "Ready for Review." Ugh, will they ever look at my file?

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Whitters wrote:I'm still "Ready for Review." Ugh, will they ever look at my file?

Me toooooo! Each morning I check my status checker in vain, like a neglected child who keeps looking out the window to see if daddy came home from the milk store. All I want is a little closure.

akili

Postby akili » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Ugh. Still "Ready for Review"

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:06 pm

j.wellington wrote:
Whitters wrote:I'm still "Ready for Review." Ugh, will they ever look at my file?

Me toooooo! Each morning I check my status checker in vain, like a neglected child who keeps looking out the window to see if daddy came home from the milk store. All I want is a little closure.

Milk store?

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Anybody out there still "In Review" as of 02/03?? Anybody go "In Review" 02/03 and get a decision yet?

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Neelio wrote:Anybody out there still "In Review" as of 02/03?? Anybody go "In Review" 02/03 and get a decision yet?

i went in review on 2/3, then it changed to in review 2/22 and has been that way since

taw856

Postby taw856 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:52 pm

HerseyChris wrote:Milk store?

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:54 pm

uwb09 wrote:
Neelio wrote:Anybody out there still "In Review" as of 02/03?? Anybody go "In Review" 02/03 and get a decision yet?

i went in review on 2/3, then it changed to in review 2/22 and has been that way since

I'm still IR 2/03.

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:03 pm

In review 3/03 still

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:05 pm

TWoodWil wrote:
uwb09 wrote:

I'm still IR 2/03.

I'm totally ready for this: I've also applied to UC-Davis. Talk about molasses. I've been under evaluation there since mid-January.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:06 pm

are you IR 02/03 peeps business majors by chance? I'm just trying to see if there is any correlation btwn the 02/03 IR people and their majors...

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Neelio wrote:are you IR 02/03 peeps business majors by chance? I'm just trying to see if there is any correlation btwn the 02/03 IR people and their majors...

my degree is business admin, and it's from UW

akili

Postby akili » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 pm

No way, are they doing it by major? That would explain the lack of sociology love that Pluginbaby, ProfitsProphets and I are getting :)

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:25 pm

akili wrote:No way, are they doing it by major? That would explain the lack of sociology love that Pluginbaby, ProfitsProphets and I are getting :)

Just a theory... probably not true whatsoever. I'm bored at work today.

akili

Postby akili » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Neelio wrote:
akili wrote:No way, are they doing it by major? That would explain the lack of sociology love that Pluginbaby, ProfitsProphets and I are getting :)

Yeah I figured. It might make some sense though! I just have no idea what to expect from UW. It's a bit scary.

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:47 pm

Neelio wrote:are you IR 02/03 peeps business majors by chance? I'm just trying to see if there is any correlation btwn the 02/03 IR people and their majors...

Nope. BA in Political Science and History; and I have a Masters degree.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:51 pm

TWoodWil wrote:

Nope. BA in Political Science and History; and I have a Masters degree.

Well... there goes that theory.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:49 pm

Yep I have been review since 2/3

Right now its U-Dub or bust...blow it up...retake the LSAT and try again next year.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:20 pm

I don't think so, maybe by time of application submission. I have been "In Review" since 1/21, and I applied on 10/1 and went complete 10/9. If I recall correctly, kalvano also went "In Review" on 1/21 and also applied 10/1.

Edit: it was nonsequitur, applied 10/1, in review 1/13, already received decision.
Last edited by ProfitsProphets on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:26 pm

akili wrote:
Neelio wrote:

Yeah I figured. It might make some sense though! I just have no idea what to expect from UW. It's a bit scary.

Patience, Grasshopper, patience. Trust me, if UW hasn't sent you, or anyone, a rejection letter at the present moment, then that's a positive. When I went to the Bay Area Law School Forum last week, the Rep for UW said (speaking about my situation) "that's a good sign, because, at this point in the cycle, we are moving things along, get in and get out." But no one can really know for sure what they are doing, unless you work there.

KIM_SAYS:

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:38 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
akili wrote:
Neelio wrote:

Patience, Grasshopper, patience. Trust me, if UW hasn't sent you, or anyone, a rejection letter at the present moment, then that's a positive. When I went to the Bay Area Law School Forum last week, the Rep for UW said (speaking about my situation) "that's a good sign, because, at this point in the cycle, we are moving things along, get in and get out." But no one can really know for sure what they are doing, unless you work there.

I was wondering this myself. If you applied to a school a while ago and STILL haven't heard back yet, is that more of a good sign than a bad sign? I'm just assuming that they would send rejection letters ASAP to the people they're absolutely sure they don't want. If they're taking long on your app I would think they're just having trouble deciding what to do with you, which is better than them knowing for sure they want to reject you.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:45 pm

KIM_SAYS: wrote:
I was wondering this myself. If you applied to a school a while ago and STILL haven't heard back yet, is that more of a good sign than a bad sign? I'm just assuming that they would send rejection letters ASAP to the people they're absolutely sure they don't want. If they're taking long on your app I would think they're just having trouble deciding what to do with you, which is better than them knowing for sure they want to reject you.

It seems like it would be a good sign if you're expecting a rejection, bad sign if you're expecting an acceptance, adjusted for when your app went complete of course.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:07 pm

Yeah I figured. It might make some sense though! I just have no idea what to expect from UW. It's a bit scary.[/quote]

Patience, Grasshopper, patience. Trust me, if UW hasn't sent you, or anyone, a rejection letter at the present moment, then that's a positive. When I went to the Bay Area Law School Forum last week, the Rep for UW said (speaking about my situation) "that's a good sign, because, at this point in the cycle, we are moving things along, get in and get out." But no one can really know for sure what they are doing, unless you work there.[/quote]

I was wondering this myself. If you applied to a school a while ago and STILL haven't heard back yet, is that more of a good sign than a bad sign? I'm just assuming that they would send rejection letters ASAP to the people they're absolutely sure they don't want. If they're taking long on your app I would think they're just having trouble deciding what to do with you, which is better than them knowing for sure they want to reject you.[/quote]

Anecdotally speaking, I think the adcomms deal with the auto-rejects and auto-admits first, then mull over the "maybes" for the remaining of the cycle. This makes sense for two reasons: first, they clear space by denying as many applicants they know for certain will not garner admission (auto-rejects); secondly, they admit the numbers they like early, so they can have a sense of who is going to accept their offer for admission by April/May (auto-admits), then they fill-up the remainder of the class with the maybes. Case in point, I received 6 of 8 rejections before the end of January (some as early as December). My last two apps can only leave me at "maybe." Otherwise, I would have had a rejection letter already. They don't owe us anything and are not concerned about hurting our feelings. Being a maybe isn't a guaranteed admission, it's more like they are at least considering you. Mind you, this makes sense if one applied early in the cycle, not for those that applied well into January.

dogsufferer

Postby dogsufferer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Applied mid-November, went in review on 2/03...updated to in review 3/05. average of 165 lsat...around a 3.4 lsac gpa. Has anyone else gone in review twice?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”