U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Padimud

Re: U Washington

Postby Padimud » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Just had to mark this thread, as UW is at the very top of my list of hopefuls. I just hope they start getting some answers out, In review for me since 12/4

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Oh shit. Decision letter in the mail as of 1/13/10.

OMG. Why didn't I just have them send it to my folks in Tacoma so I wouldn't have to wait for USPS to make it to Washington DC?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:34 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:Oh shit. Decision letter in the mail as of 1/13/10.

OMG. Why didn't I just have them send it to my folks in Tacoma so I wouldn't have to wait for USPS to make it to Washington DC?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Hopefully I'll send mine out tomorrow once my LOR is in.
Good luck to you and Rachery, I have a feeling that you're both going to be happy when you find out UW's decision!

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:38 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
Good luck to you and Rachery, I have a feeling that you're both going to be happy when you find out UW's decision!

Thanks!!! I hope you're right. I haven't heard of anyone else getting decisions yet, so I just don't know what to expect... hopefully good news, obviously, but eek! I am literally shaking right now. I can't believe I could wait for DAYS for the mail - time to start stalking my poor mailman! And of course, just in time for a holiday weekend too. I'm going to be a basketcase until that letter gets here.

Padimud

Postby Padimud » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:39 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

Thanks!!! I hope you're right. I haven't heard of anyone else getting decisions yet, so I just don't know what to expect... hopefully good news, obviously, but eek! I am literally shaking right now. I can't believe I could wait for DAYS for the mail - time to start stalking my poor mailman! And of course, just in time for a holiday weekend too. I'm going to be a basketcase until that letter gets here.

When were you complete, in review?

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Padimud wrote:When were you complete, in review?

Submitted 10/30, complete 11/2, in review 12/4.

Does anyone else see "Decision Letter" with a mailed date under their Mailings? My status still reads In Review.

Chicklets

Postby Chicklets » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:03 pm

In at UW snail mail today!
Not a reach school for me, but in state, so a consideration.

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Chicklets wrote:In at UW snail mail today!

yay! congrats!! I hope that this first round is all good news....

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:10 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

Congrats! Don't stress out too much, it is obvious what the decision is. I have never heard of a school sending out rejections before acceptances. Last year UW didn't reject anyone until mid February.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Congrats. You're the first I've heard of for this year (assuming fiddlefreak listed the wrong school in LSN).

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:14 pm

jcl2 wrote:Congrats! Don't stress out too much, it is obvious what the decision is. I have never heard of a school sending out rejections before acceptances. Last year UW didn't reject anyone until mid February.

Thanks for the reassurance... we'll see. Still won't relax until I see it in writing!

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Congrats, Chicklets! Do you know what date they mailed your packet on?

rachery

Postby rachery » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Congratulations!! I'm hoping to hear soon too since my status checker says they sent my decision yesterday. How far are you from Seattle?

Chicklets

Postby Chicklets » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 pm

rachery wrote:

Congratulations!! I'm hoping to hear soon too since my status checker says they sent my decision yesterday. How far are you from Seattle?

I live about 20 miles from Husky stadium! LOL
Hope everyone gets their good news today!

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Congrats!! By chance, when did you apply?

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm finally in review.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Numbers?

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Finally sent mine in today. My 2nd LOR got uploaded in the middle of the night, and I'm in just in the nick of time.

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm so confused. I just logged into my status checker again this afternoon and the Decision Letter is no longer listed under my mailings... it was there as recently as this morning. Now I REALLY don't know what to expect??!

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:46 pm

So I called the admissions office and asked for a clarification of why the decision letter had disappeared from my mailings. He was very nice and said that the update to my mailings section was a "system error" and that in fact, no letters have been mailed out yet.

I'm not sure what to think then about Chicklets letter. Maybe they mailed a few accidentally??? But then, are those decisions reliable?

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:52 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:So I called the admissions office and asked for a clarification of why the decision letter had disappeared from my mailings. He was very nice and said that the update to my mailings section was a "system error" and that in fact, no letters have been mailed out yet.

I'm not sure what to think then about Chicklets letter. Maybe they mailed a few accidentally??? But then, are those decisions reliable?

Hm... curious... So... Chicklets?

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:00 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:So I called the admissions office and asked for a clarification of why the decision letter had disappeared from my mailings. He was very nice and said that the update to my mailings section was a "system error" and that in fact, no letters have been mailed out yet.

Yep, mine has disappeared too. Fairly disappointing.

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:04 pm

ccs224 wrote:
Yep, mine has disappeared too. Fairly disappointing.

No kidding. I was so excited to get a decision this early. *sigh*

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Got an email from them saying that they received it, that was quick. Apparently I made a mistake on my residency and didn't put Washington on the 'state of legal residence' part. Stupid mistake, even though my current address and birthplace both have Washington on it. Hopefully they'll realize my mistake.

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:05 pm

HerseyChris wrote:Got an email from them saying that they received it, that was quick. Apparently I made a mistake on my residency and didn't put Washington on the 'state of legal residence' part. Stupid mistake, even though my current address and birthplace both have Washington on it. Hopefully they'll realize my mistake.

I'm sure you could simply email the admissions office and say exactly what you said here and they'll update it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”