U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HerseyChris

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:48 am

yeff wrote:GPA slightly under median, LSAT well above.

Incidentally, as I glanced at the UW website to double-check the above, I found the following.

LSAT Score and GPA Ranges of 2008 J.D. Applicants
The first figure in each cell represents the number of admission offers made, and the number after the slash represents the total number of applications reviewed. For example, 40/115 in the second row, fifth column, indicates that of the 115 people who applied with a GPA between 3.50 and 3.74 and an LSAT score between 163-165, 40 were offered admission. These data represent 100 percent of all applications reviewed with score on the 180 test scale. This chart should not be used as a gauge of the likelihood of admission, and certainly not as a guarantee.
This information is presented to give applicants some idea of the likelihood of admission. It should be noted, however, that these data can and do change from year to year. In addition, there is some latitude within each category, so that a person presenting credentials at the upper limits of one cell might have an excellent chance for admission, while another applicant at the lower limits might only have a marginal chance. For these reasons, this chart should be used as an approximate gauge of the likelihood of admission and NOT as a guarantee.

So the chart should not be used as a gauge, but should be used as an approximate gauge. Hrm.

59/87 for GPAs from 3.5-3.74 and 166-168 got in? That's not a very high percentage.
17/46 for GPAs from 3.25-3.49 and 166-168?
40/115 for GPAs from 3.5-3.74 and 163-165?

That table is depressing.

Edit: If only my GPA were .02 higher and my LSAT 2 points higher, I'd be in the 44/44 section.

swa1441

Postby swa1441 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:33 am

hellomoto wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Just got an acceptance letter. I think this is now my number one choice unless I get one of the crazy reaches.

(165/3.6. I am pretty sure they did not average my LSATs, because it was MUCH lower)

Congrats! Did you send a addendum for you other LSAT score? I'm in the same boat and sent an addendum, I'm wondering if they average with an addendum or not???

UrbanAchievers

Postby UrbanAchievers » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:36 am

In yesterday via snail mail (small envelope). 3.5/173, went blank around the 22nd.

ChairmanWow

Postby ChairmanWow » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Got the ding in today's mail after going blank last Monday. 166/3.14; it's not a complete shock.

I'm pretty set on moving to Seattle and SU made a pretty generous offer so I'm still happy with my situation.

Best of luck to all those still waiting for a response!

hellomoto

Postby hellomoto » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 pm

swa1441 wrote:
hellomoto wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Just got an acceptance letter. I think this is now my number one choice unless I get one of the crazy reaches.

(165/3.6. I am pretty sure they did not average my LSATs, because it was MUCH lower)

Congrats! Did you send a addendum for you other LSAT score? I'm in the same boat and sent an addendum, I'm wondering if they average with an addendum or not???

I did not send an addendum. FWIW, I had a sub-160 LSAT from before.

trav13

Postby trav13 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Got the ding in the mail on Saturday. Pretty bummed, I really enjoyed my visit and while I am in at Texas and have decent options I would love to do school in Seattle since that's where I'd like to move post law school. 169/3.8

Paratiel

Postby Paratiel » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Hello, Prospective Dawgs.

I am a current UW undergrad and can answer some questions about the school and city. I know there are a few others on this board who are already doing a fine job, so I am just throwing my two cents in to the mix.

Good luck to those of you still waiting.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:28 pm

trav13 wrote:Got the ding in the mail on Saturday. Pretty bummed, I really enjoyed my visit and while I am in at Texas and have decent options I would love to do school in Seattle since that's where I'd like to move post law school. 169/3.8

Did you get into Texas or a T-14 or UCLA? That's my only theory as to why you got rejected, especially if you visited and if you want to practice law in Seattle. Very Bizarre.

trav13

Postby trav13 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Yeah I am in at Texas with a scholarship (I am still waiting for the details in the mail that's all they said on the phone) and on the preferred waitlist at Georgetown, still waiting to hear back from UCLA. When I looked up the 2008 entrance numbers on the UW website it stung even more...Dinged at Berkeley as well but not too surprised about that one.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:05 pm

this might be a dumb question... but for those that went blank, do you know what time of day it happened? Trying to gauge if it's done in bunches or more arbitrary than that.

daesonesb

Postby daesonesb » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:04 pm

g
Last edited by daesonesb on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aok

Postby aok » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Ding for me too today. Small white envelope. 166, 3.28. Not a shock but very disappointing! I'm thinking now that I should have applied at Seattle safety. Any thoughts on a last minute application to Seattle University?

akili

Postby akili » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm

aok wrote:Ding for me too today. Small white envelope. 166, 3.28. Not a shock but very disappointing! I'm thinking now that I should have applied at Seattle safety. Any thoughts on a last minute application to Seattle University?

I just sent one in to Seattle just a few days ago. Can't hurt.

aok

Postby aok » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Aha, glad to hear that I'm not all alone...

mango26

Postby mango26 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Last edited by mango26 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:27 pm

aok wrote:Ding for me too today. Small white envelope. 166, 3.28. Not a shock but very disappointing! I'm thinking now that I should have applied at Seattle safety. Any thoughts on a last minute application to Seattle University?

Heck Seattle U isn't even a sure thing....3.77/161....waitlisted a month ago. Considering a similarly ranked school offered 20k/year with basically the same application, PS, and LORs...it really didn't make sense at all.

baboon309

Postby baboon309 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:31 pm

When did you go blank?

zermatt1

Postby zermatt1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Reject today, 160/3.6 Washington resident.

akili

Postby akili » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:28 pm

zermatt1 wrote:Reject today, 160/3.6 Washington resident.

Crap. I'm sorry.

aok

Postby aok » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:38 pm

I was in review sometime around the new year. I applied in early November but my Dean's Cert took forever to process. Status check went blank, as far as I can tell, on Feb 22. Rejection letter's dated Feb 23.

As for Seattle U not even being a sure thing... I think both UW and SU are banking on Seattle being such an appealing city. Seattle U has crummy academics, financial aid, bar passage, and placement (according to the write up on this website specifically). UW is known for being weird. Yet both seem to have a host of applicants (myself very much included) clawing to get in despite offers from better schools in other areas.

Suddenly my acceptance to Lewis and Clark, with no $, looks good!

aok

Postby aok » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:44 pm

PS - for anyone with the same ill-advised idea as mine... Today is the last day Seattle U accepts applications. Now is the time for rash decisions, friends!

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:00 pm

aok wrote:I was in review sometime around the new year. I applied in early November but my Dean's Cert took forever to process. Status check went blank, as far as I can tell, on Feb 22. Rejection letter's dated Feb 23.

As for Seattle U not even being a sure thing... I think both UW and SU are banking on Seattle being such an appealing city. Seattle U has crummy academics, financial aid, bar passage, and placement (according to the write up on this website specifically). UW is known for being weird. Yet both seem to have a host of applicants (myself very much included) clawing to get in despite offers from better schools in other areas.

Do you have acceptances from any higher ranked schools? If you do you may be able to leverage those for some $ from L&C. It is worth a try. I have pretty much exactly the same numbers as you and they offered me a pretty generous scholarship last year.

Good luck!

Also, FWIW, I think L&C is probably the next best option in the NW after UW, I would definitely take L&C at sticker over SU at sticker.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:06 pm

aok wrote:As for Seattle U not even being a sure thing... I think both UW and SU are banking on Seattle being such an appealing city. Seattle U has crummy academics, financial aid, bar passage, and placement (according to the write up on this website specifically). UW is known for being weird. Yet both seem to have a host of applicants (myself very much included) clawing to get in despite offers from better schools in other areas.

I'm one of the throng fitting that description. If I didn't love Seattle and have a desire for a fresh start in a new city, I would have withdrawn from the SU waitlist as Kent (the school offering me 20k/year) seems to outclass SU in terms of academics, financial aid, and placement (also per this website). Not to mention, my current home is in the Chicago suburbs and I can commute and not pay for room and board. All this and I still deep in my heart prefer SU.

I just hope UW is weird enough to take me in and end this drama.

aok

Postby aok » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:13 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:I just hope UW is weird enough to take me in and end this drama.

Good luck! Looks like everyone has a chance and no chance at UW. Ultimately I think this bespeaks a comprehensive review process on UW's part.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:15 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
I just hope UW is weird enough to take me in and end this drama.

Amen. I woke up in the middle of the night after a nightmare about opening a rejection letter from UW last night. I'm pretty sure I can handle a rejection, but this waiting is what's killing me.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”