U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gymboree

Re: U Washington

Postby gymboree » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Ding at Washington via snail mail. Lordy, if they're going to blank out the status checker for a week and get everyone all anxious like that, why not just send an email? I was more curious than anything else, but still.

reebtoor

Postby reebtoor » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:05 pm

oregoniangal wrote:Is anyone going to the Open House tomorrow night? I'm planning on driving up from PDX! I want to go to the AS event later on, but I need to get back to some other schools before then.

Also, I submitted my app in Nov, Form B made it in by early Dec, I was in review on like 2/5, then my status checker went blank last Thursday, this Monday I got the letter that said I had been admitted.

Good luck to everyone.

When is the open house?

taytay

Postby taytay » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 pm

gymboree wrote:Ding at Washington via snail mail. Lordy, if they're going to blank out the status checker for a week and get everyone all anxious like that, why not just send an email? I was more curious than anything else, but still.

how in the world did you get dinged? this is not good for me

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:54 pm

taytay wrote:
gymboree wrote:Ding at Washington via snail mail. Lordy, if they're going to blank out the status checker for a week and get everyone all anxious like that, why not just send an email? I was more curious than anything else, but still.

how in the world did you get dinged? this is not good for me

Thus far looking at the incoming dings U-Dub seems to be more forgiving of lower LSATs than lower GPAs. I've heard they have a history of doing that. Then again it could be wishful thinking on my part.

peekay

Postby peekay » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Status checker went blank around the time everyone else's did.

IN 2/22, though. The letter was dated the 2/17. Ready for Review, 12/2. In Review, 2/13.

3.5/166 and out of state (CA). I don't know why I had such a quick turn around. Good luck to everyone.

Chudancha

Postby Chudancha » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:39 pm

peekay wrote:Status checker went blank around the time everyone else's did.

IN 2/22, though. The letter was dated the 2/17. Ready for Review, 12/2. In Review, 2/13.

3.5/166 and out of state (CA). I don't know why I had such a quick turn around. Good luck to everyone.

Peoples status checkers have been going blank for about two - three weeks, so thats not very specific. Congrats though!

tintin

Postby tintin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 pm

dinged today via snail mail. in CA. my first outright rejection. 168/3.9

Me-a Culpa

Postby Me-a Culpa » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 am

tintin wrote:dinged today via snail mail. in CA. my first outright rejection. 168/3.9

Wow!

seattleguy

Postby seattleguy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:12 am

tintin wrote:dinged today via snail mail. in CA. my first outright rejection. 168/3.9

Definitely yield protection.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:14 am

seattleguy wrote:

I always thought YP can only be the case in terms of waitlist...but nonetheless...a disconcerting ding for us all.

Chudancha

Postby Chudancha » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:21 am

This new dean of admissions seems to have an interesting system. According to the stats on lsac, one person was not admitted in that bracket. Given its this early still, he probably won't be the last.

tintin

Postby tintin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:24 am

yeah i thought maybe YP. whatever, i'm lucky enough to not have to care due to better offers :mrgreen:

Me-a Culpa

Postby Me-a Culpa » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:28 am

tintin wrote:yeah i thought maybe YP. whatever, i'm lucky enough to not have to care due to better offers :mrgreen:

Good! Are you outside of WA?

tintin

Postby tintin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:36 am

Me-a Culpa wrote:
tintin wrote:yeah i thought maybe YP. whatever, i'm lucky enough to not have to care due to better offers :mrgreen:

Good! Are you outside of WA?

i'm in CA

kevin261186

Postby kevin261186 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:49 am

PlugInBaby wrote:
seattleguy wrote:

I always thought YP can only be the case in terms of waitlist...but nonetheless...a disconcerting ding for us all.

I disagree. If this is YP as it seems then this may actually be good news for us. Given all the talk about the increased number of applications this year this indicates that the quality has not necessarily increased, otherwise UW would be trying to get these candidates with great numbers to come to their school (as there would theoretically be a glut of such great candidates and hence not so much certainty about them going to top schools). Instead they are content to ding them and let them go elsewhere, knowing that such high caliber candidates will still have better offers.

Perhaps not so much doom and gloom, given the acceptances already posted earlier in this thread.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:29 am

kevin261186 wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
seattleguy wrote:

I disagree. If this is YP as it seems then this may actually be good news for us. Given all the talk about the increased number of applications this year this indicates that the quality has not necessarily increased, otherwise UW would be trying to get these candidates with great numbers to come to their school (as there would theoretically be a glut of such great candidates and hence not so much certainty about them going to top schools). Instead they are content to ding them and let them go elsewhere, knowing that such high caliber candidates will still have better offers.

Perhaps not so much doom and gloom, given the acceptances already posted earlier in this thread.

Good points...I hope you're right.

benetnash

Postby benetnash » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:44 am

reebtoor wrote:
oregoniangal wrote:Is anyone going to the Open House tomorrow night?

When is the open house?

The only place I've seen the Open House scheduled for tomorrow (the 26th) mentioned was in the acceptance letter (not anywhere on the website), so I called admissions to get more info. Apparently it starts at 5:00 PM in Room 117 with a Q&A/general information session, then moves to Room 133 at 6:00 for the school's Moot Court competition. I'm sure there's more planned for the actual ASW, but it still sounds like fun, and it'll be nice to meet some people considering UW. I think you're supposed to shoot an email to admissions to RSVP.

Oregoniangal, I'm glad to hear I won't be the only PDX-lover there (I'm a WA native, but I went to school in Ptown). See you there!

haider

Postby haider » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:33 pm

same here. :(

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:42 pm

I thought UW was a realistic target given my stats... it's also in my top 2. But based on some of these dings I'm getting really nervous. Still no blank status checker...

akili

Postby akili » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Neelio wrote:I thought UW was a realistic target given my stats... it's also in my top 2. But based on some of these dings I'm getting really nervous. Still no blank status checker...

Yeah I'm nervous as well. I kind of want to send them an LOCI pre-decision, mostly because it's my top choice and they don't seem to really do much with a W/L.

heckyes

Postby heckyes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:22 pm

dinged via snail mail. oh well-i'll go take my awesome scholarship from L and C. goodbye u-dubs!

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:30 pm

seattleguy wrote:

I'm thinking the same thing.
If tintin got rejected with those numbers, it's probably because she's already into 5 t-14 schools.

Same for gymboree and the fact that he's already into Berkeley, or at least I hope so because our numbers are a bit similar.

Peekay's 3.5 166 gives me hope though, though haider's 3.5 164 does not.

Sorry to everyone who was dinged so far.

doopwooper

Postby doopwooper » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Dinged with a 167/3.9. Eep. Oh well. I guess Seattle is out of the cards for me. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting

rorystewart

Postby rorystewart » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:11 pm

doopwooper wrote:Dinged with a 167/3.9. Eep. Oh well. I guess Seattle is out of the cards for me. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting

:/ Crazy. When did you go blank?

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:19 pm

rorystewart wrote:
doopwooper wrote:Dinged with a 167/3.9. Eep. Oh well. I guess Seattle is out of the cards for me. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting

:/ Crazy. When did you go blank?

Wait, dinged or in?
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/doopwooper/jd
It says in on LSN.

Sorry about the ding, though getting into UVA supports the t-14 YP predict theory.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”