U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
barrydukakis
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby barrydukakis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 pm

It can take a very long time to get your decision. I am in Eastern Washington, and I had my decision rendered prior to this blank status check business, and it took almost two weeks to make it. I think the decision is rendered, then it takes a couple days for the decision to be printed, then another day or two for it to be mailed... so I wouldn't get super antsy if you think a decision has been rendered.

oregoniangal
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby oregoniangal » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Is anyone going to the Open House tomorrow night? I'm planning on driving up from PDX! I want to go to the AS event later on, but I need to get back to some other schools before then.

Also, I submitted my app in Nov, Form B made it in by early Dec, I was in review on like 2/5, then my status checker went blank last Thursday, this Monday I got the letter that said I had been admitted.

Good luck to everyone.

apurkey
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby apurkey » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:37 pm

So when LSAC compiles a students application, do they include the actual transcripts in what they send to the school? I have a somewhat nontraditional major for applying to law school and I just wondered how much they take this into account. I see everyone pointing towards a holistic review of applications, let's hope this is the case.

User avatar
ProfitsProphets
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:02 am

Re: U Washington

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:When did the blank screeners go complete? I went complete in early December, in review on 2/5, and have never gotten the blank screen. My numbers are in that outside looking in range and I wonder if they are just taking a long hard look at everything.


Honestly, I think they are taking a long hard look (holistic) approach for this class. I can only speak anecdotally, but I have been in review since 1/21 (still there) and as someone mentioned earlier, my lsat score would fall into the "auto-reject" pile; however, the rest of my app has it all: grades, perseverance, overcoming obstacles, URM, etc., etc. So, all I can do is remain hopeful considering that I haven't already received a ding. IMO, it doesn't take that long to say no, so hopefully it means YES!!!!!!! But, I'm also practical so retaking the test and applying again next year may be in the stars.


That is exactly what I am hoping for and was thinking. Let's hope there is room for three affable sociology major scores with killer GPAs and so-so LSATs (me, you, and akili).


I really do hope there is room for us. We would make the class that much more interesting. I mean, how many applicants can say they risen to the top in the face of unfavorable odds? And, my daughter is an honor student in high school (freshman), despite my coming from a broken home. That's dedication!

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Neelio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:47 pm

oregoniangal wrote:Is anyone going to the Open House tomorrow night? I'm planning on driving up from PDX! I want to go to the AS event later on, but I need to get back to some other schools before then.

Also, I submitted my app in Nov, Form B made it in by early Dec, I was in review on like 2/5, then my status checker went blank last Thursday, this Monday I got the letter that said I had been admitted.

Good luck to everyone.


you went in review 02/05? shittt... i went IR 02/03, and they do rolling admissions. I think I'm headed for the WL.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: U Washington

Postby uwb09 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:03 pm

I went review 2/2

expecting to get rejected, surprised i've made it this long honestly :lol:

i'm keeping up hope that the fact I went to UW undergrad and that i have some non-profit work experience will let me slip through the cracks in a good way

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: U Washington

Postby PlugInBaby » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:09 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:When did the blank screeners go complete? I went complete in early December, in review on 2/5, and have never gotten the blank screen. My numbers are in that outside looking in range and I wonder if they are just taking a long hard look at everything.


Honestly, I think they are taking a long hard look (holistic) approach for this class. I can only speak anecdotally, but I have been in review since 1/21 (still there) and as someone mentioned earlier, my lsat score would fall into the "auto-reject" pile; however, the rest of my app has it all: grades, perseverance, overcoming obstacles, URM, etc., etc. So, all I can do is remain hopeful considering that I haven't already received a ding. IMO, it doesn't take that long to say no, so hopefully it means YES!!!!!!! But, I'm also practical so retaking the test and applying again next year may be in the stars.


That is exactly what I am hoping for and was thinking. Let's hope there is room for three affable sociology major scores with killer GPAs and so-so LSATs (me, you, and akili).


I really do hope there is room for us. We would make the class that much more interesting. I mean, how many applicants can say they risen to the top in the face of unfavorable odds? And, my daughter is an honor student in high school (freshman), despite my coming from a broken home. That's dedication!


And if you artfully conveyed all of that in the tight confines of 700 words or less, you certainly deserve some serious consideration!

Neelio wrote:
oregoniangal wrote:Is anyone going to the Open House tomorrow night? I'm planning on driving up from PDX! I want to go to the AS event later on, but I need to get back to some other schools before then.

Also, I submitted my app in Nov, Form B made it in by early Dec, I was in review on like 2/5, then my status checker went blank last Thursday, this Monday I got the letter that said I had been admitted.

Good luck to everyone.


you went in review 02/05? shittt... i went IR 02/03, and they do rolling admissions. I think I'm headed for the WL.


I may be wrong, but I think U-Dub RARELY waitlists, it's usually a straight admit or ding.

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Neelio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

you went in review 02/05? shittt... i went IR 02/03, and they do rolling admissions. I think I'm headed for the WL.[/quote]

I may be wrong, but I think U-Dub RARELY waitlists, it's usually a straight admit or ding.[/quote]


double shit

User avatar
jcl2
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby jcl2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Neelio wrote:you went in review 02/05? shittt... i went IR 02/03, and they do rolling admissions. I think I'm headed for the WL.


I may be wrong, but I think U-Dub RARELY waitlists, it's usually a straight admit or ding.[/quote]


double shit[/quote]

I wouldn't try to hard to figure things out based on when you went under review, I doubt they are that methodical. And UW did supposedly waitlist 150 people last year.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby akili » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:29 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:When did the blank screeners go complete? I went complete in early December, in review on 2/5, and have never gotten the blank screen. My numbers are in that outside looking in range and I wonder if they are just taking a long hard look at everything.


Honestly, I think they are taking a long hard look (holistic) approach for this class. I can only speak anecdotally, but I have been in review since 1/21 (still there) and as someone mentioned earlier, my lsat score would fall into the "auto-reject" pile; however, the rest of my app has it all: grades, perseverance, overcoming obstacles, URM, etc., etc. So, all I can do is remain hopeful considering that I haven't already received a ding. IMO, it doesn't take that long to say no, so hopefully it means YES!!!!!!! But, I'm also practical so retaking the test and applying again next year may be in the stars.


That is exactly what I am hoping for and was thinking. Let's hope there is room for three affable sociology major scores with killer GPAs and so-so LSATs (me, you, and akili).


We would make the class awesome! I hope we all get it :)

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby sarlis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:35 pm

ding

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby MBZags » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 pm

sarlis wrote:ding


Sorry dude.

Off-topic, but do you have a PNW connection? Between here and the Ohio schools, I'm just intrigued that there's someone else applying to some of the same places as me.

User avatar
j.wellington
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:09 am

Re: U Washington

Postby j.wellington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Like I said, UW is very weird and and hard to predict.


Yeah, and I can appreciate that. A school that looks at potential students as individuals rather than numbers is respectable. The admissions process seems kind of quirky, but I suppose that's their prerogative.

User avatar
ProfitsProphets
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:02 am

Re: U Washington

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm

akili wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:When did the blank screeners go complete? I went complete in early December, in review on 2/5, and have never gotten the blank screen. My numbers are in that outside looking in range and I wonder if they are just taking a long hard look at everything.


Honestly, I think they are taking a long hard look (holistic) approach for this class. I can only speak anecdotally, but I have been in review since 1/21 (still there) and as someone mentioned earlier, my lsat score would fall into the "auto-reject" pile; however, the rest of my app has it all: grades, perseverance, overcoming obstacles, URM, etc., etc. So, all I can do is remain hopeful considering that I haven't already received a ding. IMO, it doesn't take that long to say no, so hopefully it means YES!!!!!!! But, I'm also practical so retaking the test and applying again next year may be in the stars.


That is exactly what I am hoping for and was thinking. Let's hope there is room for three affable sociology major scores with killer GPAs and so-so LSATs (me, you, and akili).


We would make the class awesome! I hope we all get it :)


If me, you and plugin make it, that would be super cool. If that is the case, we can seek each other out when class begins! Then it's onward and upward...

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm

j.wellington wrote:
Like I said, UW is very weird and and hard to predict.


Yeah, and I can appreciate that. A school that looks at potential students as individuals rather than numbers is respectable. The admissions process seems kind of quirky, but I suppose that's their prerogative.


I can't imagine what would imagine what would make them reject someone at the 75% for both LSAT and GPA except for YP. I'd imagine the Personal Statement would have to be very awkward, arrogant, or prejudiced or something.

oregoniangal
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby oregoniangal » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Neelio wrote:you went in review 02/05? shittt... i went IR 02/03, and they do rolling admissions. I think I'm headed for the WL.


I may be wrong, but I think U-Dub RARELY waitlists, it's usually a straight admit or ding.[/quote]


double shit[/quote]

If don't know anything about the timing of my app and why I was accepted when I was. I was a 165/3.64--not a guarantee but I thought I had a legit shot. As you can tell from my name, I'm out of state. I would say don't stress, but this whole ls admissions process is giving me forehead wrinkles and anxiety attacks.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 pm

...wow. I have $$$ from UIUC and UMN, and just now got home to a straight out rejection from UW. Wow.

Well, looks like I'm done in here. Good luck guys.

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:33 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:...wow. I have $$$ from UIUC and UMN, and just now got home to a straight out rejection from UW. Wow.

Well, looks like I'm done in here. Good luck guys.


Ugh, sorry to hear that Botwin. Same to you Dr. Troy. Rejections are so depressing.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby sarlis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

MBZags wrote:
sarlis wrote:ding


Sorry dude.

Off-topic, but do you have a PNW connection? Between here and the Ohio schools, I'm just intrigued that there's someone else applying to some of the same places as me.

hey its aright man thx.

No i have no familial connection or anything like that. I know id love Seattle: I love the outdoors, and love the culture of the PNW.

Oban
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby Oban » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:53 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:...wow. I have $$$ from UIUC and UMN, and just now got home to a straight out rejection from UW. Wow.

Well, looks like I'm done in here. Good luck guys.



+ 1. just got a fat scholly from WashU and a ding form Udubb. Guess i'm not moving back to Seattle anytime soon.

User avatar
the_rad_trad
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:55 pm

I only just went "In Review" on 2/22. I love Seattle, I actually got into UW for undergrad, took Emory instead. Hoping that they still want me...

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:58 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:I only just went "In Review" on 2/22. I love Seattle, I actually got into UW for undergrad, took Emory instead. Hoping that they still want me...

Same for me for UG except WashU instead of Emory. Same conference though.

User avatar
the_rad_trad
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:23 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
the_rad_trad wrote:I only just went "In Review" on 2/22. I love Seattle, I actually got into UW for undergrad, took Emory instead. Hoping that they still want me...

Same for me for UG except WashU instead of Emory. Same conference though.


:lol: I know.

User avatar
heckyes
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby heckyes » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:32 pm

sarlis wrote:ding


I'm sorry :(

I'm fully expecting to get dinged too.

On the bright side, we can go take our fabulous scholarships to L and C and act like UW is that horrible ex that never loved us like they should have...

User avatar
the_rad_trad
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 pm

heckyes wrote:
sarlis wrote:ding


I'm sorry :(

I'm fully expecting to get dinged too.

On the bright side, we can go take our fabulous scholarships to L and C and act like UW is that horrible ex that never loved us like they should have...


Hahaha! I also expect a resounding ding from UW, and I'm also applying to L and C.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, ad34964n, BrittanyJeream, Earlskies, Google Adsense [Bot], Guyver, hoping4scholy, Keilz, Leliana, lg77, mccracal, nicola27, notnecessarilyproper, okf731, ray.bee, Snowjon, stewhan, thg1870, TudoBem, unrelated and 36 guests