U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kalvano

Re: U Washington

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:17 pm

Neelio wrote:
kalvano wrote:Admissions seem completely random this year.

Just got my letter of you suck.

Weird. People with lower stats than me and out of state have gotten in.

Sorry to hear that... when did you apply by chance? and did your status checker change at all?

Went complete beginning of December, and it went blank last week.

rorystewart

Postby rorystewart » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:19 pm

kalvano wrote:
Neelio wrote:

Sorry to hear that... when did you apply by chance? and did your status checker change at all?

Sorry about the ding. Seems like blankers from last Wednesday have all been rejected.

Call out to any blankers from Tuesday the 23rd. Anyone?

seattleguy

Postby seattleguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:26 pm

I almost wonder if they are increasing the proportion of out of state people they accept in order to raise money through higher out of state tuition.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:30 pm

rorystewart wrote:Seems like blankers from last Wednesday have all been rejected.

I think I went blank Wednesday, but it might have been Tuesday, I'm not sure. Either way, I haven't heard anything yet, but this is not making me feel very confident. :cry:

ChairmanWow

Postby ChairmanWow » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:36 pm

ughh... here come the dings.

I'm considering hanging around the adcomm offices with a boombox over my head. I hear that's worked before out there.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Neelio wrote:

Yeah, sorry about the bad news Kalvano. Dings are so depressing.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:44 pm

It's not that bad when you simply expect to be rejected everywhere.

algren

Postby algren » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 pm

kalvano wrote:It's not that bad when you simply expect to be rejected everywhere.

This is my philosophy. Pessimissim has its place. Every acceptance is like winning a scratch off lotto card.

Sorry to hear about your ding though.

mango26

Postby mango26 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:59 pm

I almost wonder if they are increasing the proportion of out of state people they accept in order to raise money through higher out of state tuition.[/quote]

i am more than willing to contribute to this :)
it's definitely not looking promising for me though

pugsoflove

Postby pugsoflove » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 pm

rorystewart wrote:
kalvano wrote:
Neelio wrote:

Sorry about the ding. Seems like blankers from last Wednesday have all been rejected.

Call out to any blankers from Tuesday the 23rd. Anyone?

I blanked on Monday...Ugh

pugsoflove

Postby pugsoflove » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Did status checker change after you got dinged?

apurkey

Postby apurkey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 pm

I went blank on Monday too, what are your numbers like?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:11 pm

pugsoflove wrote:Did status checker change after you got dinged?

No change.

seattleguy

Postby seattleguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Just got my decision letter today and I'm admitted. I went blank on Monday and received my letter Wednesday. I live about 20 minutes North of Seattle. 163/3.75 with AmeriCorps year, two years non-profit experience. So excited as means my wife doesn't have to quit her job! Tough decisions though since Lewis and Clark gave me a really good offer.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 pm

seattleguy wrote:Just got my decision letter today and I'm admitted. I went blank on Monday and received my letter Wednesday. I live about 20 minutes North of Seattle. 163/3.75 with AmeriCorps year, two years non-profit experience. So excited as means my wife doesn't have to quit her job! Tough decisions though since Lewis and Clark gave me a really good offer.

Congrats!

forty-two

Postby forty-two » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:32 am

Edit: nvm
Last edited by forty-two on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

nonsequitur

Postby nonsequitur » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:33 am

HerseyChris wrote:
nonsequitur wrote:I went blank last Wednesday, and live near Seattle. Got my letter in the mail today - rejected.

Was a little surprised since so few people had gotten letters. I thought the first batch would be acceptances only. Looks like the rejections are on their way already.

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. Luckily, L&C is a great school, and who wouldn't want to live in Hawaii? So you have some good tough choices to make.

Edit: I'm surprised you got rejected though. You're in-state with a 164 and extensive work experience in different areas, though the no-grades thing is a bit confusing.

I was a little surprised myself, but my transcripts are screwy at best. They're about 30 pages long with written evaluations from my faculty advisers and samples of work instead of grades. That includes non-English documents and translations from my faculty adviser during a year spent abroad. All I can say is that I'm not a good profile to base your chances on. I put "nontraditional" on my LSN profile for a reason.

I wish all of you the best of luck, and hope UW doesn't drag things out too much longer!

akili

Postby akili » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:43 am

So UW is just getting to the beginning of/mid-December complete folks? Yikes. Of course my #1 choice would be one of the slowest. I will probably cry tears of joy if I got in. I don't think it's gonna happen though :(

yeff

Postby yeff » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:51 am

akili wrote:So UW is just getting to the beginning of/mid-December complete folks? Yikes. Of course my #1 choice would be one of the slowest. I will probably cry tears of joy if I got in. I don't think it's gonna happen though :(

Yes and no. Things are not done in a perfectly linear fashion. They seem to not look at apps until January, then do so in the order received. But as with other schools, if your numbers are extreme, you will get a quicker look.

akili

Postby akili » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:11 am

yeff wrote:
akili wrote:So UW is just getting to the beginning of/mid-December complete folks? Yikes. Of course my #1 choice would be one of the slowest. I will probably cry tears of joy if I got in. I don't think it's gonna happen though :(

Yes and no. Things are not done in a perfectly linear fashion. They seem to not look at apps until January, then do so in the order received. But as with other schools, if your numbers are extreme, you will get a quicker look.

Yeah, I guess I should be thankful it's taking awhile. I'm above the 75th in GPA but just above the 25th for LSAT. I'm just impatient because I would go there in a heartbeat and I can't really "bond" with my other schools until I know.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:57 am

Good luck to all still in contention.

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Somehow LSN is still only showing one rejection and no waitlists: http://washington.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats I'm starting to suspect the admissions office is being intentionally confusing.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:01 pm

j.wellington wrote:Somehow LSN is still only showing one rejection and no waitlists: http://washington.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats I'm starting to suspect the admissions office is being intentionally confusing.

How so?
Last year, LSN only showed 73 people as being accepted, when they accept 550 or so applicants, and they usually send out mostly acceptances first.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:06 pm

knock knock UW... let me in.

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:23 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
j.wellington wrote:Somehow LSN is still only showing one rejection and no waitlists: http://washington.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats I'm starting to suspect the admissions office is being intentionally confusing.

How so?
Last year, LSN only showed 73 people as being accepted, when they accept 550 or so applicants, and they usually send out mostly acceptances first.

I guess I'm just reacting to the rejections reported here versus the almost complete lack of rejections on LSN, which you'd think would draw members from the same pool. I'm also just antsy and can't entirely understand what's taking so long. It sucks to be accepted to your second choice without even a smoke signal from your first choice. If I could get an answer from UW my decision would be made. It's truly the only pending application I still care about.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”