U Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
j.wellington

Bronze

Re: U Washington

Post by j.wellington » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:48 pm

Has anyone else very recently gone from "Ready for Review" to "Under Review"? I'm beginning to wonder if I committed some kind of unwitting sin to push my app to the very back of the line.

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 pm

j.wellington wrote:Has anyone else very recently gone from "Ready for Review" to "Under Review"? I'm beginning to wonder if I committed some kind of unwitting sin to push my app to the very back of the line.
mine has been In Review for a month or so now, although the Current Status Date updated to yesterday's date, even though the status stayed the same :(

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:54 pm

uwb09 wrote:
j.wellington wrote:Has anyone else very recently gone from "Ready for Review" to "Under Review"? I'm beginning to wonder if I committed some kind of unwitting sin to push my app to the very back of the line.
mine has been In Review for a month or so now, although the Current Status Date updated to yesterday's date, even though the status stayed the same :(
I haven't even gotten that far. It's really frustrating. I mean, I didn't apply that late.

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:40 pm

j.wellington wrote:
uwb09 wrote:
I haven't even gotten that far. It's really frustrating. I mean, I didn't apply that late.
When I was checking on my Form B sometime in December, they notified they received it and I could get a decision even by late December because I was so early....oops just under review since the 3rd.

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:42 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
j.wellington wrote:
uwb09 wrote:
When I was checking on my Form B sometime in December, they notified they received it and I could get a decision even by late December because I was so early....oops just under review since the 3rd.
ya, i'm pretty sure UW didn't start reviewing anything till January, even if you applied in October

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:48 pm

I'm not putting anymore stock into UW's status checker. Today I checked my status for ANOTHER SCHOOL, and the status checker for UW showed popped up. I thought I was seeing things, but sure enough the "UW School of Law" logo popped up in the top left. Also, all the listings underneath my "Requirements Section" keep disappearing. I think they are having some major issues w the status checker tool...

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Neelio wrote:I'm not putting anymore stock into UW's status checker. Today I checked my status for ANOTHER SCHOOL, and the status checker for UW showed popped up. I thought I was seeing things, but sure enough the "UW School of Law" logo popped up in the top left. Also, all the listings underneath my "Requirements Section" keep disappearing. I think they are having some major issues w the status checker tool...
Did you have them both open at the same time? It's all through LSAC, so if you have one open for one school, and then in another tab or whatever try to view another school, it won't work.

Tweek

New

Post by Tweek » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
Neelio wrote:I'm not putting anymore stock into UW's status checker. Today I checked my status for ANOTHER SCHOOL, and the status checker for UW showed popped up. I thought I was seeing things, but sure enough the "UW School of Law" logo popped up in the top left. Also, all the listings underneath my "Requirements Section" keep disappearing. I think they are having some major issues w the status checker tool...
Did you have them both open at the same time? It's all through LSAC, so if you have one open for one school, and then in another tab or whatever try to view another school, it won't work.
+1 on this, check the schools one at a time. I had the same problem between GULC and WUSTL status checkers, and it turned out to just be the order in which I was checking my statuses.

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Tweek wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
+1 on this, check the schools one at a time. I had the same problem between GULC and WUSTL status checkers, and it turned out to just be the order in which I was checking my statuses.
I was only checking one at a time... who knows. hopefully when I get home from work today there will just be an acceptance packet in the mailbox. That way I don't have to deal w any status checkers anymore.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Went blank today! Sub 3.0 splitter.

Anyone else? I want to compare my stats with others in my batch...

Hoping they're not sending rejections this early.

Oh, and small envelope, right?

erico

Bronze

Post by erico » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:02 pm

rorystewart wrote:Went blank today! Sub 3.0 splitter.

I haven't gone blank (yet). Here's what mine shows -

App received: 12/28.
Current status: Ready for review (1/12)

3.27/166

Haha, yeah small envelope = no good.

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:06 pm

erico wrote:

3.27/166

No I think he meant small envelope means nothing. They're sending their acceptances in small envelopes too, so don't assume that you're rejected if you get a small envelope in the mail.

erico

Bronze

Post by erico » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:21 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
erico wrote:

3.27/166

No I think he meant small envelope means nothing. They're sending their acceptances in small envelopes too, so don't assume that you're rejected if you get a small envelope in the mail.
Oh is that right? Good to know..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Chudancha

New

Post by Chudancha » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
erico wrote:

3.27/166

Yea this seems to be the consensus at this time. I went blank on Monday, I am just praying to god they didn't start sending out rejections this week.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 pm

I just spoke with admissions who said a blank status checkers means nothing except the status checker is broken.

Fuck a duck.

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:24 pm

kalvano wrote:I just spoke with admissions who said a blank status checkers means nothing except the status checker is broken.

Fuck a duck.
That's what I figured.

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:35 pm

heckyes wrote:I e-mailed Admissions to ask what my blank status meant....here is the response!

"All applicants' statuses are currently showing blank online. We are beginning the process of mailing decision letters, and since we cannot show admission decisions online, they must all be removed. If a decision has been made on your particular application, you should be receiving a letter in the mail soon."

Umm....so apparently ALL candidates status' are not showing up....is that true?!
Hmm... This quote would also indicate the same thing, except for the fact that - according to this board - everyone who received a letter went blank a few days before. And no one who went blank, but never received a letter, has posted here, meaning there's a fair chance the latter never happens.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:38 pm

I went blank but I have yet to receive a letter.

Is it because I'm in Texas? Because I could have walked to Seattle by now to pick up the letter.

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:44 pm

kalvano wrote:I went blank but I have yet to receive a letter.

Is it because I'm in Texas? Because I could have walked to Seattle by now to pick up the letter.
When did you go blank? Has your mail arrived today?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:49 pm

rorystewart wrote:
kalvano wrote:I went blank but I have yet to receive a letter.

When did you go blank? Has your mail arrived today?

Last week and yes.

antler

New

Post by antler » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:53 pm

My status checker went blank last Wednesday, and I haven't received a letter yet either (including today's mail). I'm in Utah, so it shouldn't take too long for the letter to arrive.

But, when I spoke with the admissions office last week, they had a very different explanation for the blank status checker. They said it indicates that either your file is going "in review," or that a decision has been made. They gave no indication that the status checker was broken...but, maybe they hadn't discovered the problem at that point?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 pm

I'll call back tomorrow and see if I get a different person.

Billy Batts

Silver

Post by Billy Batts » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:04 pm

I went blank last Wednesday - nothing in mail in Oklahoma yet. I got this e-mail last week after I wrote to ask about the status checker being blank:

All applicants' statuses are currently showing blank online. We are beginning the process of mailing decision letters, and since we cannot show admission decisions online, they must all be removed. If a decision has been made on your particular application, you should be receiving a letter in the mail soon.

zermatt1

New

Post by zermatt1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:04 pm

I went blank last Wednesday and I haven't received a letter yet. I also live in Texas. It snowed heavily here today and the mail didn't even get delivered.

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Hmm. Well it’s not over yet. Blank on Wed, mailed on Thurs; I could see a Wednesday arrival (tomorrow) as possible. Please let us know if you still don’t have anything tomorrow.

As for the UW’s response, I’d accept it completely if it wasn’t betrayed by a falsity – not everyone is blank. Right? I think that is pretty clear.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”