U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby sarlis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:39 pm

benetnash wrote:Just got the acceptance letter today! It came via snail mail, in a small envelope. If it helps clear anything up, my status checker went blank a few days ago (my letter is dated the 17th), and it hasn't changed since. Also, there isn't anything listed under mailings (except the acknowledgment email), so I would definitely not panic if there's nothing listed there. I live about an hour outside Seattle, so if you're further away and haven't gotten anything I'm guessing it's in the mail!

Open House next friday!! :D


what did the letter say about $$?

benetnash
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby benetnash » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:59 pm

sarlis wrote:what did the letter say about $$?


The acceptance letter was pretty vague on $$, but it does mention it. It only says "We know that one of your concerns will be the cost of your legal education and we realize that you will be weighing our acceptance against other offers. Please note that we are committed to providing as much financial aid as possible and to supporting loan repayment assistance programs for graduates who enter public service employment."

Good to know, but I could use some more specifics. Do you think I just got the letter sent out to the saps who don't get anything? I'm not really familiar with how UW works on this.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby crm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Should I write a why UW? I am still ready for review, mainly because my University didn't send out my Form B until the deadline and I have a subpar GPA for them (~3.6) but an above Median LSAT, but it seems they place more emphasis on GPA rather than LSAT, so I am wondering if it would help? I am non-Resident too (CA), but really would like to work/live in Seattle and go to UW.
Last edited by crm on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doopwooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby doopwooper » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:25 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
benetnash wrote:I originally had an answer, but my inner Admiral Ackbar was telling me it was a trap. I should hold my reasons private so I can have a LOCI that stands out if necessary.


Oh ok. Sorry I was just wondering because I am having a hard time deciding for myself and I don't think I'm going to be able to take a trip any time soon to visit (I'm from NJ). I was just looking for information besides what their web site has to say. Not too many people in my area that I have asked have much of an opinion about UW's law school.

User avatar
daesonesb
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby daesonesb » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 pm

I got an email today from UW and I was like ahhhhhhhhhhhh..... CLICK!
And it read: We're having trouble with the addresses of a few of our applicants. We have a letter for you, can you tell us where to send it?
:P
I told em to send it to my perm address in WA this time. Hopefully I get it this week.

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: U Washington

Postby PlugInBaby » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

doopwooper wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
benetnash wrote:I originally had an answer, but my inner Admiral Ackbar was telling me it was a trap. I should hold my reasons private so I can have a LOCI that stands out if necessary.


Oh ok. Sorry I was just wondering because I am having a hard time deciding for myself and I don't think I'm going to be able to take a trip any time soon to visit (I'm from NJ). I was just looking for information besides what their web site has to say. Not too many people in my area that I have asked have much of an opinion about UW's law school.


Don't worry about it...perhaps I am being too overly cautious and paranoid, but to be vague its location and the quality of the curriculum as well as the students for me.

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Neelio » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:56 pm

for those recently accepted- how long did you stay "In Review"?

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby ccs224 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:34 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby akili » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Of the people that received decisions recently...when did you go complete?

User avatar
seattleguy
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby seattleguy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:39 pm

ccs224 wrote:--ImageRemoved--

lol, I knew someone would either post this or shots of the drug markets down in pioneer square/belltown. For all the folks lovin the computer enhanced images of Seattle, I'm from here and I love my city, but its not all sunshine and lollipops. There is a lot of homelessness, which the city doesn't really have a plan to combat, and which is especially prevalent on the Ave (the heart of the University District neighborhood where UW is located). Also, open air drug markets are pretty prevalent in the Downtown core, Pioneer Square, the International District, and, you guessed it, on the Ave.

That said, Seattle is amazing and I love living here, just don't be surprised that Seattle faces many of the same problems of any urban area.

User avatar
seattleguy
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby seattleguy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 pm

lol, just as I wrote that, my status on UW status checker just went blank. Come on good news!!!

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm

seattleguy wrote:lol, I knew someone would either post this or shots of the drug markets down in pioneer square/belltown. For all the folks lovin the computer enhanced images of Seattle, I'm from here and I love my city, but its not all sunshine and lollipops. There is a lot of homelessness, which the city doesn't really have a plan to combat, and which is especially prevalent on the Ave (the heart of the University District neighborhood where UW is located). Also, open air drug markets are pretty prevalent in the Downtown core, Pioneer Square, the International District, and, you guessed it, on the Ave.

That said, Seattle is amazing and I love living here, just don't be surprised that Seattle faces many of the same problems of any urban area.

Yeah, whenever I run through downtown Seattle, I'm always surprised at the number of bums and hippies. You'd think it'd wear off eventually, but I mainly hang out at the yuppy areas (MI, Fremont, Queen Anne, Redmond, Bellevue).
That said, it's still a gorgeous city, and the weather is great. No snow this year! And it was warm enough this weekend to play shirtless flag football.

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby ccs224 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:18 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
seattleguy wrote:lol, I knew someone would either post this or shots of the drug markets down in pioneer square/belltown. For all the folks lovin the computer enhanced images of Seattle, I'm from here and I love my city, but its not all sunshine and lollipops. There is a lot of homelessness, which the city doesn't really have a plan to combat, and which is especially prevalent on the Ave (the heart of the University District neighborhood where UW is located). Also, open air drug markets are pretty prevalent in the Downtown core, Pioneer Square, the International District, and, you guessed it, on the Ave.

That said, Seattle is amazing and I love living here, just don't be surprised that Seattle faces many of the same problems of any urban area.

Yeah, whenever I run through downtown Seattle, I'm always surprised at the number of bums and hippies. You'd think it'd wear off eventually, but I mainly hang out at the yuppy areas (MI, Fremont, Queen Anne, Redmond, Bellevue).
That said, it's still a gorgeous city, and the weather is great. No snow this year! And it was warm enough this weekend to play shirtless flag football.


But it will never be as bad as Portland - street kid zombies everywhere there.

apurkey
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby apurkey » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Of the people who have received decisions thus far have they all been acceptances? I called today and the woman told me that I should accept a letter soon (my status went blank today) and I just wanted to know what kind of decisions they had been sending out. I went complete mid December and into review in early February.

User avatar
bees
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby bees » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:31 pm

apurkey wrote:Of the people who have received decisions thus far have they all been acceptances? I called today and the woman told me that I should accept a letter soon (my status went blank today) and I just wanted to know what kind of decisions they had been sending out. I went complete mid December and into review in early February.


LSN obviously isn't a great help for UW but it shows nothing but acceptances so far.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: U Washington

Postby uwb09 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:35 pm

live in seattle, was just down at UW yesterday with a friend, took a couple quick pics

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

PS - nothing better than a gorgeous sunny day in Seattle

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
seattleguy
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby seattleguy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:52 pm

uwb09 wrote:live in seattle, was just down at UW yesterday with a friend, took a couple quick pics

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

PS - nothing better than a gorgeous sunny day in Seattle

--ImageRemoved--

What kind of camera did you take these with, they're really nice.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: U Washington

Postby uwb09 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks, it's a Nikon D90

sgarrison
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby sgarrison » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Have been closely following this thread but haven't posted. Received my acceptance today, UW is my dream school (grew up 5 minutes away and am a husky fanatic) so I will almost certainly be attending in the fall. Was pretty 50/50, lsat 164 gpa 3.45 so I am obviously pretty excited. If it helps I went blank around Wednesday of last week, and I live in Los Angeles. Good luck to all!
Last edited by sgarrison on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: U Washington

Postby kalvano » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:53 pm

I am hoping to get a letter tomorrow.

I need to book plane tickets, dammit!

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: U Washington

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:54 pm

sgarrison wrote:Have been closing following this thread but haven't posted. Received my acceptance today, UW is my dream school (grew up 5 minutes away and am a husky fanatic) so I will almost certainly be attending in the fall. Was pretty 50/50, lsat 164 gpa 3.45 so I am obviously pretty excited. If it helps I went blank around Wednesday of last week, and I live in Los Angeles. Good luck to all!


Congrats! How were your softs?

I've haven't gotten the blank screen...now I am really getting worried...

sgarrison
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby sgarrison » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:18 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
sgarrison wrote:Have been closing following this thread but haven't posted. Received my acceptance today, UW is my dream school (grew up 5 minutes away and am a husky fanatic) so I will almost certainly be attending in the fall. Was pretty 50/50, lsat 164 gpa 3.45 so I am obviously pretty excited. If it helps I went blank around Wednesday of last week, and I live in Los Angeles. Good luck to all!


Congrats! How were your softs?

I've haven't gotten the blank screen...now I am really getting worried...



I don't know, I mean doesn't everyone think they have great softs? I am still in undergraduate though so it was mostly related to work/volunteer experience during college. Nothing extremely out of the ordinary I would guess.

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 pm

sgarrison wrote:Have been closely following this thread but haven't posted. Received my acceptance today, UW is my dream school (grew up 5 minutes away and am a husky fanatic) so I will almost certainly be attending in the fall. Was pretty 50/50, lsat 164 gpa 3.45 so I am obviously pretty excited. If it helps I went blank around Wednesday of last week, and I live in Los Angeles. Good luck to all!


Nice, as a 3.48 167, and also a Husky fanatic whose dream school is UW, this is good news for me. I really wish I had pushed my LOR to be turned in sooner, so I could've applied earlier, oh well.

Congratulations on getting into your dream school, I hope to join you (obviously).
Last edited by HerseyChris on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ChairmanWow
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 am

Re: U Washington

Postby ChairmanWow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Ah!! Checker just went blank within the hour. 166/3.14

I'm on the east coast, so I'm likely to be waiting this out for a few more days.
Last edited by ChairmanWow on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Bob loblaw law blog, BrittanyJeream, canafsa, cyclawps, joezze, Keilz, lillawyer2, Mlk&Ckies, mm2368, MSNbot Media, nslaw123, patrickkpaul, phelpsy, Pomegranate27, Zoe107 and 37 guests