U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yeff
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby yeff » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:04 am

HerseyChris wrote:Image

The view today. Not computer enhanced (or at least I don't think so).


The annual February tease is truly magnificent.

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby mango26 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:07 am

i need to stop looking at this thread because these pictures are going to make me cry when i get my rejection :)

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby crm » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:09 am

mango26 wrote:i need to stop looking at this thread because these pictures are going to make me cry when i get my rejection :)



same here...

aPosseAdEsse
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:19 am

Re: U Washington

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:26 am

UW is my #1 choice. I want to go here, so badly.

Thinking about the impending decision and checking the mail, my phone, and the status-checker is consuming me!

In review 02/11
Median GPA/Below median LSAT/In-state

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby crm » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:UW is my #1 choice. I want to go here, so badly.

Thinking about the impending decision and checking the mail, my phone, and the status-checker is consuming me!

In review 02/11
Median GPA/Below median LSAT/In-state


Yea, its up there for me too. above 75% lsat, but below median gpa...so who knows. Its a little unnerving knowing that only 40/115 got in last year (based on their chart)

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 am

crm wrote:
aPosseAdEsse wrote:UW is my #1 choice. I want to go here, so badly.

Thinking about the impending decision and checking the mail, my phone, and the status-checker is consuming me!

In review 02/11
Median GPA/Below median LSAT/In-state


Yea, its up there for me too. above 75% lsat, but below median gpa...so who knows. Its a little unnerving knowing that only 40/115 got in last year (based on their chart)



Same for me, I applied to 4 schools, but I really just want UW and nothing else. If I don't get in I'll probably work for another year and apply again I guess.

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: U Washington

Postby PlugInBaby » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:09 am

HerseyChris wrote:
crm wrote:
aPosseAdEsse wrote:UW is my #1 choice. I want to go here, so badly.

Thinking about the impending decision and checking the mail, my phone, and the status-checker is consuming me!

In review 02/11
Median GPA/Below median LSAT/In-state


Yea, its up there for me too. above 75% lsat, but below median gpa...so who knows. Its a little unnerving knowing that only 40/115 got in last year (based on their chart)



Same for me, I applied to 4 schools, but I really just want UW and nothing else. If I don't get in I'll probably work for another year and apply again I guess.


I wish I can do the same myself, but I haven't been able to find ANY work since graduating back in May. No time a wastin for law school. Sure hope UW pans out, otherwise i get T2 admissions drama ahead.

KIM_SAYS:
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 am

Re: U Washington

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:40 am

HerseyChris wrote:Image

The view today. Not computer enhanced (or at least I don't think so).


Not gonna lie. It was a gorgeous day in Seattle today.

My status has been "Ready for review" since Jan. 11th. Lately I've been realizing more and more how much I'd like to stay in Seattle (currently at UW for undergrad), but unfortunately my average LSAT isn't too good. I'm praying for a miracle.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: U Washington

Postby kalvano » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:13 pm

So, if your status checker is blank, but there is nothing under "mailings", does that mean they've made a decision but haven't mailed it, or does it just mean the decision is on its way and they never updated "mailings", or does it just mean they are screwing with us?

User avatar
antler
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:27 am

Re: U Washington

Postby antler » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:16 pm

kalvano wrote:So, if your status checker is blank, but there is nothing under "mailings", does that mean they've made a decision but haven't mailed it, or does it just mean the decision is on its way and they never updated "mailings", or does it just mean they are screwing with us?


I'll go with #3.

doopwooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby doopwooper » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:01 pm

kalvano wrote:So, if your status checker is blank, but there is nothing under "mailings", does that mean they've made a decision but haven't mailed it, or does it just mean the decision is on its way and they never updated "mailings", or does it just mean they are screwing with us?

I'm in the same situation and I have nooo idea wtf it means...

doopwooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby doopwooper » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:26 pm

For those that place UW as a top choice, what distguishes this school to you from other law schools?

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby akili » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:17 pm

doopwooper wrote:For those that place UW as a top choice, what distguishes this school to you from other law schools?


Seattle is a big part of it for me. I go to UG in the NW and I would love to stay up here. Most of my friends will be sticking around Seattle so it would be awesome to get to stay with them. If you want to practice in the NW, UW is definitely the place to go. The actual building is gorgeous as well. Plus, I really like the idea of having my mascot be the Huskies.

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:37 pm

doopwooper wrote:For those that place UW as a top choice, what distguishes this school to you from other law schools?


Lots of things for me:
1) Cheap price, especially for in-state.
2) I don't want to live anywhere but Seattle.
3) Great prestige in the NW.
4) I'm a Huskies fan.
5) I love the city of Seattle (similar to 2).
6) Great law school building.
7) Apparently the atmosphere is non-competitive, which is what I'd like, since I'm not big on competition.
8 ) I'm interested in tax, property, , business/commercial, Asian, or environmental law, and UW is good for all five.
9) I like the 60 hours of mandatory public law as well since it actually might be something I like, but like lots of things I may need a push in the direction to get me really interested/passionated about it.

benetnash
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby benetnash » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Just got the acceptance letter today! It came via snail mail, in a small envelope. If it helps clear anything up, my status checker went blank a few days ago (my letter is dated the 17th), and it hasn't changed since. Also, there isn't anything listed under mailings (except the acknowledgment email), so I would definitely not panic if there's nothing listed there. I live about an hour outside Seattle, so if you're further away and haven't gotten anything I'm guessing it's in the mail!

Open House next friday!! :D

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby akili » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Thread explodes in 3....2....1....

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: U Washington

Postby kalvano » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:41 pm

By blank, nothing under "status" or "requirements", but everything else still there? Anything under "mailings"?

I hope to hear soon, I am putting off booking my UConn trip to see if I get in to UW. If I do, I am going to visit UW instead since it goes right to the top of my list.

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: U Washington

Postby PlugInBaby » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:05 pm

benetnash wrote:Just got the acceptance letter today! It came via snail mail, in a small envelope. If it helps clear anything up, my status checker went blank a few days ago (my letter is dated the 17th), and it hasn't changed since. Also, there isn't anything listed under mailings (except the acknowledgment email), so I would definitely not panic if there's nothing listed there. I live about an hour outside Seattle, so if you're further away and haven't gotten anything I'm guessing it's in the mail!

Open House next friday!! :D


Congrats on getting admitted! Care to share your stats?

doopwooper wrote:For those that place UW as a top choice, what distguishes this school to you from other law schools?


I originally had an answer, but my inner Admiral Ackbar was telling me it was a trap. I should hold my reasons private so I can have a LOCI that stands out if necessary.

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:06 pm

kalvano wrote:By blank, nothing under "status" or "requirements", but everything else still there? Anything under "mailings"?

I hope to hear soon, I am putting off booking my UConn trip to see if I get in to UW. If I do, I am going to visit UW instead since it goes right to the top of my list.


Just a general Huskies fan?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: U Washington

Postby kalvano » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:39 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
kalvano wrote:By blank, nothing under "status" or "requirements", but everything else still there? Anything under "mailings"?

I hope to hear soon, I am putting off booking my UConn trip to see if I get in to UW. If I do, I am going to visit UW instead since it goes right to the top of my list.


Just a general Huskies fan?



Who?

Sorry, don't follow sports.

More a general get-me-out-of-Texas fan.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Mosca » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:42 pm

kalvano wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:
kalvano wrote:By blank, nothing under "status" or "requirements", but everything else still there? Anything under "mailings"?

I hope to hear soon, I am putting off booking my UConn trip to see if I get in to UW. If I do, I am going to visit UW instead since it goes right to the top of my list.


Just a general Huskies fan?



Who?

Sorry, don't follow sports.

More a general get-me-out-of-Texas fan.

UConn and UW are both the Huskies

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: U Washington

Postby kalvano » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Ah, makes sense now.

benetnash
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby benetnash » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:55 am

kalvano wrote:By blank, nothing under "status" or "requirements", but everything else still there? Anything under "mailings"?

I hope to hear soon, I am putting off booking my UConn trip to see if I get in to UW. If I do, I am going to visit UW instead since it goes right to the top of my list.


The box labeled "Status" is completely empty immediately under "Program Time" and "Degree", meaning that the whole Status: In Review information completely disappeared. As for the Mailings, the only thing I've got on mine is "App Received/Status Checker Info," which obviously excludes the decision letter I just received today. Requirements is simililarly empty (I can't remember if mine ever had anything in it, come to mention it...). I applied end of November so if your status is, well, still there, I bet they just haven't gotten to your batch?

PlugInBaby wrote:Congrats on getting admitted! Care to share your stats?
Thanks very much! I'm very interested in UW, so this is a big one for me. I'm a 3.78/165, which is I think just a bit above the median?

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: U Washington

Postby PlugInBaby » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:52 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:Congrats on getting admitted! Care to share your stats?
Thanks very much! I'm very interested in UW, so this is a big one for me. I'm a 3.78/165, which is I think just a bit above the median?[/quote]

We have almost the same exact GPA...but your LSAT is four points higher than mine. Curse those two sets of logic games...and the one I did better on being the "experimental" section! Anyway, are you in-state?

benetnash
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby benetnash » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:37 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:We have almost the same exact GPA...but your LSAT is four points higher than mine. Curse those two sets of logic games...and the one I did better on being the "experimental" section! Anyway, are you in-state?


Oh man, Death to Games for sure... And yes, I am in-state (Olympia, WA). I've heard they don't lean too heavily towards in-staters for admissions, but who knows. Then again, it would make sense to admit people from the area since they're most likely to attend, what with the regional prestige of the school.

Anybody know how the UW money gets doled out?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2chainz_mang, Anon.y.mousse., dmc1275, dsberkeley, Exabot [Bot], jdanz, laqueredup, premalone, Torres1893, xn3345 and 37 guests