U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yeff

Re: U Washington

Postby yeff » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:04 am

HerseyChris wrote:Image

The view today. Not computer enhanced (or at least I don't think so).

The annual February tease is truly magnificent.

mango26

Postby mango26 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:07 am

i need to stop looking at this thread because these pictures are going to make me cry when i get my rejection :)

crm

Postby crm » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:09 am

mango26 wrote:i need to stop looking at this thread because these pictures are going to make me cry when i get my rejection :)

same here...

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:26 am

UW is my #1 choice. I want to go here, so badly.

Thinking about the impending decision and checking the mail, my phone, and the status-checker is consuming me!

In review 02/11
Median GPA/Below median LSAT/In-state

crm

Postby crm » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:UW is my #1 choice. I want to go here, so badly.

Thinking about the impending decision and checking the mail, my phone, and the status-checker is consuming me!

In review 02/11

Yea, its up there for me too. above 75% lsat, but below median gpa...so who knows. Its a little unnerving knowing that only 40/115 got in last year (based on their chart)

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 am

crm wrote:

In review 02/11

Yea, its up there for me too. above 75% lsat, but below median gpa...so who knows. Its a little unnerving knowing that only 40/115 got in last year (based on their chart)

Same for me, I applied to 4 schools, but I really just want UW and nothing else. If I don't get in I'll probably work for another year and apply again I guess.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:09 am

HerseyChris wrote:
crm wrote:

In review 02/11

Same for me, I applied to 4 schools, but I really just want UW and nothing else. If I don't get in I'll probably work for another year and apply again I guess.

I wish I can do the same myself, but I haven't been able to find ANY work since graduating back in May. No time a wastin for law school. Sure hope UW pans out, otherwise i get T2 admissions drama ahead.

KIM_SAYS:

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:40 am

HerseyChris wrote:Image

The view today. Not computer enhanced (or at least I don't think so).

Not gonna lie. It was a gorgeous day in Seattle today.

My status has been "Ready for review" since Jan. 11th. Lately I've been realizing more and more how much I'd like to stay in Seattle (currently at UW for undergrad), but unfortunately my average LSAT isn't too good. I'm praying for a miracle.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:13 pm

So, if your status checker is blank, but there is nothing under "mailings", does that mean they've made a decision but haven't mailed it, or does it just mean the decision is on its way and they never updated "mailings", or does it just mean they are screwing with us?

antler

Postby antler » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:16 pm

kalvano wrote:So, if your status checker is blank, but there is nothing under "mailings", does that mean they've made a decision but haven't mailed it, or does it just mean the decision is on its way and they never updated "mailings", or does it just mean they are screwing with us?

I'll go with #3.

doopwooper

Postby doopwooper » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:01 pm

kalvano wrote:So, if your status checker is blank, but there is nothing under "mailings", does that mean they've made a decision but haven't mailed it, or does it just mean the decision is on its way and they never updated "mailings", or does it just mean they are screwing with us?

I'm in the same situation and I have nooo idea wtf it means...

doopwooper

Postby doopwooper » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:26 pm

For those that place UW as a top choice, what distguishes this school to you from other law schools?

akili

Postby akili » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:17 pm

doopwooper wrote:For those that place UW as a top choice, what distguishes this school to you from other law schools?

Seattle is a big part of it for me. I go to UG in the NW and I would love to stay up here. Most of my friends will be sticking around Seattle so it would be awesome to get to stay with them. If you want to practice in the NW, UW is definitely the place to go. The actual building is gorgeous as well. Plus, I really like the idea of having my mascot be the Huskies.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:37 pm

doopwooper wrote:For those that place UW as a top choice, what distguishes this school to you from other law schools?

Lots of things for me:
1) Cheap price, especially for in-state.
2) I don't want to live anywhere but Seattle.
3) Great prestige in the NW.
4) I'm a Huskies fan.
5) I love the city of Seattle (similar to 2).
6) Great law school building.
7) Apparently the atmosphere is non-competitive, which is what I'd like, since I'm not big on competition.
8 ) I'm interested in tax, property, , business/commercial, Asian, or environmental law, and UW is good for all five.
9) I like the 60 hours of mandatory public law as well since it actually might be something I like, but like lots of things I may need a push in the direction to get me really interested/passionated about it.

benetnash

Postby benetnash » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Just got the acceptance letter today! It came via snail mail, in a small envelope. If it helps clear anything up, my status checker went blank a few days ago (my letter is dated the 17th), and it hasn't changed since. Also, there isn't anything listed under mailings (except the acknowledgment email), so I would definitely not panic if there's nothing listed there. I live about an hour outside Seattle, so if you're further away and haven't gotten anything I'm guessing it's in the mail!

Open House next friday!! :D

akili

Postby akili » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Thread explodes in 3....2....1....

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:41 pm

By blank, nothing under "status" or "requirements", but everything else still there? Anything under "mailings"?

I hope to hear soon, I am putting off booking my UConn trip to see if I get in to UW. If I do, I am going to visit UW instead since it goes right to the top of my list.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:05 pm

benetnash wrote:Just got the acceptance letter today! It came via snail mail, in a small envelope. If it helps clear anything up, my status checker went blank a few days ago (my letter is dated the 17th), and it hasn't changed since. Also, there isn't anything listed under mailings (except the acknowledgment email), so I would definitely not panic if there's nothing listed there. I live about an hour outside Seattle, so if you're further away and haven't gotten anything I'm guessing it's in the mail!

Open House next friday!! :D

Congrats on getting admitted! Care to share your stats?

I originally had an answer, but my inner Admiral Ackbar was telling me it was a trap. I should hold my reasons private so I can have a LOCI that stands out if necessary.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:06 pm

kalvano wrote:By blank, nothing under "status" or "requirements", but everything else still there? Anything under "mailings"?

I hope to hear soon, I am putting off booking my UConn trip to see if I get in to UW. If I do, I am going to visit UW instead since it goes right to the top of my list.

Just a general Huskies fan?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:39 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
kalvano wrote:By blank, nothing under "status" or "requirements", but everything else still there? Anything under "mailings"?

Who?

Sorry, don't follow sports.

More a general get-me-out-of-Texas fan.

Mosca

Postby Mosca » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:42 pm

kalvano wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

Who?

Sorry, don't follow sports.

More a general get-me-out-of-Texas fan.

UConn and UW are both the Huskies

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Ah, makes sense now.

benetnash

Postby benetnash » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:55 am

The box labeled "Status" is completely empty immediately under "Program Time" and "Degree", meaning that the whole Status: In Review information completely disappeared. As for the Mailings, the only thing I've got on mine is "App Received/Status Checker Info," which obviously excludes the decision letter I just received today. Requirements is simililarly empty (I can't remember if mine ever had anything in it, come to mention it...). I applied end of November so if your status is, well, still there, I bet they just haven't gotten to your batch?

PlugInBaby wrote:Congrats on getting admitted! Care to share your stats?
Thanks very much! I'm very interested in UW, so this is a big one for me. I'm a 3.78/165, which is I think just a bit above the median?

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:52 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:Congrats on getting admitted! Care to share your stats?
Thanks very much! I'm very interested in UW, so this is a big one for me. I'm a 3.78/165, which is I think just a bit above the median?[/quote]

We have almost the same exact GPA...but your LSAT is four points higher than mine. Curse those two sets of logic games...and the one I did better on being the "experimental" section! Anyway, are you in-state?

benetnash

Postby benetnash » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:37 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:We have almost the same exact GPA...but your LSAT is four points higher than mine. Curse those two sets of logic games...and the one I did better on being the "experimental" section! Anyway, are you in-state?

Oh man, Death to Games for sure... And yes, I am in-state (Olympia, WA). I've heard they don't lean too heavily towards in-staters for admissions, but who knows. Then again, it would make sense to admit people from the area since they're most likely to attend, what with the regional prestige of the school.

Anybody know how the UW money gets doled out?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”