U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Neelio

Re: U Washington

Postby Neelio » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:45 pm

HerseyChris wrote:A few more digitally enhanced images:

UW has passed all other schools as my #1 choice. After visiting it was locked up. I hope they let me in!!!

mango26

Postby mango26 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:15 pm

people need to stop posting these photos, as they are making me more depressed about the eventual rejection i am probably going to receive soon! hahaha
it's so pretty there!!

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:23 pm

mango26 wrote:people need to stop posting these photos, as they are making me more depressed about the eventual rejection i am probably going to receive soon! hahaha
it's so pretty there!!

Haha, hey everyone, I'm a Seattle native, and if you're ever too enamored with the city, just hop on over to this webcam on top of the Space Needle (http://www.spaceneedle.com/view/webcam.html).

That is, if you can see through the rain drops on the lens lol

:P

reebtoor

Postby reebtoor » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:34 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
mango26 wrote:people need to stop posting these photos, as they are making me more depressed about the eventual rejection i am probably going to receive soon! hahaha
it's so pretty there!!

Haha, hey everyone, I'm a Seattle native, and if you're ever too enamored with the city, just hop on over to this webcam on top of the Space Needle (http://www.spaceneedle.com/view/webcam.html).

That is, if you can see through the rain drops on the lens lol

:P

I guess Seattle has its own definition for "scattered clouds."

hellomoto

Postby hellomoto » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Finally went In Review (2/11) after sitting at "Ready for review" since 12/18

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:14 pm

it's so pretty there!!

Maybe that will help. You don't really want to go there do you?

cavalierkingcharles

Postby cavalierkingcharles » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 pm

hellomoto wrote:Finally went In Review (2/11) after sitting at "Ready for review" since 12/18

Same here. Let's hope for some good news.

tfour

Postby tfour » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:56 pm

cdd_04 wrote:Maybe that will help. You don't really want to go there do you?

I love Seattle, but that really is a lot more accurate than those Photoshopped (probably HDR?) pictures. That actually looks like a fairly nice fall or winter day; no rain, kind of bright. Also, nobody in Seattle ever really goes to the Space Needle.

Anyway, I'm still stuck at "Ready for Review." Maybe next week.

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm

tfour wrote:

I love Seattle, but that really is a lot more accurate than those Photoshopped (probably HDR?) pictures. That actually looks like a fairly nice fall or winter day; no rain, kind of bright. Also, nobody in Seattle ever really goes to the Space Needle.

I don't know, that picture is from a pretty horrible vantage point, Seattle is a beautiful city with a great skyline and the surrounding landscape (mountains, Sound, etc) is pretty much unmatched by any major US city IMO. Also the UW campus is amazing, and you will be spending a a lot of time there.

Here are a few good, but realistic pictures of UW and Seattle that I just pulled off of a google image search:

--ImageRemoved--

edit: sorry that last one was too big, so I switched it out
Last edited by jcl2 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 pm

jcl2 wrote:
tfour wrote:

I don't know, that picture is from a pretty horrible vantage point, Seattle is a beautiful city with a great skyline and the surrounding landscape (mountains, Sound, etc) is pretty much unmatched by any major US city IMO. Also the UW campus is amazing, and you will be spending a a lot of time there.

Here are a few good, but realistic pictures of UW and Seattle that I just pulled off of a google image search:

--ImageRemoved--

edit: sorry that last one was to big, so I switched it out

These are the pictures we want to avoid ITT. I want some way to justify not feeling like crap when I get rejected, or in my case (from this cycle's experience), waitlisted.

algren

Postby algren » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Those are just devastatingly beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing... now all I need to do is get in :-)

heckyes

Postby heckyes » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:00 pm

My application was sent to UW on November 8th. It went in review on December 29th....where it still remains.

Hope that gives everyone a look (a horrible one at that) at the speed in which University of Washington is making their decisions.....

don't they all know it's killing us?!?! : :roll:

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:07 pm

heckyes wrote:My application was sent to UW on November 8th. It went in review on December 29th....where it still remains.

Hope that gives everyone a look (a horrible one at that) at the speed in which University of Washington is making their decisions.....

Crap, I submitted just before the Jan. 15th deadline. Great, I should receive my waitlist/reject just in time for my 1L spring semester final exams. :D

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:00 pm

These pictures are killing me. I visited Seattle for the first time last summer and fell in love with it. Five minutes at Gas Works Park and I knew what my first choice law school was.

Waiting sucks.

nonsequitur

Postby nonsequitur » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:53 pm

heckyes wrote:My application was sent to UW on November 8th. It went in review on December 29th....where it still remains.

I'm in the same boat. Sent my application October 1st, form B was in the following week, went complete sometime in early November, sent for review in December, and my current status reads "In Review" with a status update date of January 13th.

The gears are grinding very slowly. Don't hold your breath waiting :cry:

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:52 pm

nonsequitur wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Sent my application October 1st, form B was in the following week, went complete sometime in early November, sent for review in December, and my current status reads "In Review" with a status update date of January 13th.

The gears are grinding very slowly. Don't hold your breath waiting :cry:

Application sent 10/20. Took Dec LSAT. I'm still "ready for review" as of 12/29. FML

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:54 pm

They have to send out a good bit by March, right? Otherwise they risk losing a lot of qualified applicants.

nonsequitur

Postby nonsequitur » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:24 am

I got an e-mail from the UW financial aid office at 10pm Pacific Time, but no acceptance letter yet.

Anyone else experience this?

Just before the weekend too. Have to wait a---ll the way till Monday to get someone on the phone.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:21 am

kalvano wrote:They have to send out a good bit by March, right? Otherwise they risk losing a lot of qualified applicants.

More qualified applicants they lose...more they can let in from the waitlist :)

seattleguy

Postby seattleguy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:28 am

nonsequitur wrote:I got an e-mail from the UW financial aid office at 10pm Pacific Time, but no acceptance letter yet.

Just before the weekend too. Have to wait a---ll the way till Monday to get someone on the phone.

+1, I think anyone that sent their FAFSA info to UW got the e-mail, its speculation, but I doubt it means anything as far as admittance.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:19 am

nonsequitur wrote:I got an e-mail from the UW financial aid office at 10pm Pacific Time, but no acceptance letter yet.

"We have received your financial aid application for the 2010-11 year. If
you are a continuing student or are admitted to the UW" - From email

To relieve your concerns, and eliminate a need to contact the Financial Aid office on Monday, the deadline for FAFSA is 2/15, and for applicants who completed a FAFSA as of 2/12 and listed UW, they received this email. I agree, this has nothing to do with being admitted, which is supported by "..or are admitted to the UW." This is standard procedure by the FA office.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:23 pm

After seeing those pictures, I'm tempted to drive to Seattle for the three day weekend. Thanks :P

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:09 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:"We have received your financial aid application for the 2010-11 year. If

To relieve your concerns, and eliminate a need to contact the Financial Aid office on Monday, the deadline for FAFSA is 2/15, and for applicants who completed a FAFSA as of 2/12 and listed UW, they received this email. I agree, this has nothing to do with being admitted, which is supported by "..or are admitted to the UW." This is standard procedure by the FA office.

Just for anyone who might have been as freaked out as I was upon reading this: in order to receive priority consideration for financial aid at UW your FAFSA has to be received by Feb. 28, not Monday.

nonsequitur

Postby nonsequitur » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:18 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:"We have received your financial aid application for the 2010-11 year. If

I guessed as much from the wording, but wanted to see if this was widespread.

j.wellington wrote:Just for anyone who might have been as freaked out as I was upon reading this: in order to receive priority consideration for financial aid at UW your FAFSA has to be received by Feb. 28, not Monday.

That likely explains things. I finished my FASFA early this year. Thanks.

luckyducky7800

Postby luckyducky7800 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:07 pm

I just received my acceptance letter! I really didn't expect this given that I'm not a WA resident, my average LSAT score is 163 and my GPA is 3.26. Needless to say, I'm SO EXCITED!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”