U Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jmhallah

New

Re: U Washington

Post by jmhallah » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:32 am

deleted
Last edited by jmhallah on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

wtrke

New

Post by wtrke » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:21 pm

jmhallah wrote:Just got WL-Rejected a few days ago. I'm a reverse splitter. Good luck everyone!
crap, same here.. with nearly identical numbers.
thanks for the update!

HG0506

New

Post by HG0506 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 pm

jmhallah wrote:Just got WL-Rejected a few days ago. I'm a reverse splitter. Good luck everyone!
Are you instate or out? Not a word on this end. Also I'm curious if they updated your status page online.

aPosseAdEsse

Bronze

Post by aPosseAdEsse » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:16 pm

I feel thankful to still be in consideration, but I really need to know soon! I seriously still think about this everyday. I'm also a reverse splitter, and no letter yet. No online status change. In-state.

wtrke

New

Post by wtrke » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:18 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:I feel thankful to still be in consideration, but I really need to know soon! I seriously still think about this everyday. I'm also a reverse splitter, and no letter yet. No online status change. In-state.
Ditto to allll of the above. I've got a $250 deposit and a $300 plane ticket on the line :( I'm thinkin about calling the AO again next week to see if I can find out how the WL is looking numbers-wise so I can weigh my odds, since apparently more letters have gone out :?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Flustercluck

Bronze

Post by Flustercluck » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:52 pm

I'm an out-of-state splitter and have not received a letter removing me from the waitlist as yet... *fingers crossed*

jmhallah

New

Post by jmhallah » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:32 pm

deleted
Last edited by jmhallah on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

aPosseAdEsse

Bronze

Post by aPosseAdEsse » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:33 pm

I signed a lease, and half expected to get a phone call from UW the following day. Haha oh well, I would still consider UW despite the likely loss of a significant security deposit.

wtrke

New

Post by wtrke » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:01 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:I signed a lease, and half expected to get a phone call from UW the following day. Haha oh well, I would still consider UW despite the likely loss of a significant security deposit.
Where at? If you don't mind my asking...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

aPosseAdEsse

Bronze

Post by aPosseAdEsse » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:44 pm

wtrke wrote:
aPosseAdEsse wrote:I signed a lease, and half expected to get a phone call from UW the following day. Haha oh well, I would still consider UW despite the likely loss of a significant security deposit.
An apartment in the NYC metro. I wish I didn't have to do it, but I would definetely still consider writing off my deposits in order to attend UW.

Do you have a contingency plan as well?

askmeaquestion

New

Post by askmeaquestion » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Bump.

Has everyone else put a seat deposit down a different law school? I didn't and am anxious to hear what UW has to say.

wtrke

New

Post by wtrke » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:31 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:
wtrke wrote:
An apartment in the NYC metro. I wish I didn't have to do it, but I would definetely still consider writing off my deposits in order to attend UW.

Do you have a contingency plan as well?
Yep, I'll be making a cross-country trek and living a couple hours from NYC if things with UW fall through. So to the other poster.. yes, I've deposited elsewhere.

MD/JD2B

Bronze

Post by MD/JD2B » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:41 pm

Redone 2 bedroom condo near Northgate with underground parking $1000.00; all utilites, cable, wi fi included; please send a message if interested

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HG0506

New

Post by HG0506 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:01 pm

I am so sick of waiting. Emphasis on sick.

wtrke

New

Post by wtrke » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:56 pm

HG0506 wrote:I am so sick of waiting. Emphasis on sick.
Ditto. I wish they had a second (or higher) deposit to weed out those that are just place-holding.

I will be withdrawing during the first week of August if I don't hear by then. Anyone else pick cut-off dates?

8ballistic

New

Post by 8ballistic » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:33 pm

I honestly don't plan on withdrawing. Of course, by the time August rolls around the chances are basically nil but it's not really hurting me to write a note every two or three weeks and stay on the waitlist.

HG0506

New

Post by HG0506 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:47 pm

I just got an email from admissions that they are finalizing their decisions in the "next three weeks." We should be hearing soon. They gave their email address for withdrawing or for expressing continued interest. FYI all who are still waiting. I'm waiting.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

4llin

New

Post by 4llin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:40 pm

It actually said in the next "few weeks" unless you got a different letter than me.

Any other updates that people have? Also, out of curiosity does everyone have a fallback school? Or will you be re-applying next year if you don't make it off the wait list?

jebuschrist

New

Post by jebuschrist » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:44 am

dang didn't get this email and I'm still on the waitlist. any others on w/l didn't get the email? dun dun dun

wtrke

New

Post by wtrke » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 pm

4llin wrote:It actually said in the next "few weeks" unless you got a different letter than me.

Any other updates that people have? Also, out of curiosity does everyone have a fallback school? Or will you be re-applying next year if you don't make it off the wait list?
Same here - "next few weeks" not three.

I called and the person I spoke to said there are still 51 people on the WL - more than I was expecting given what I was told the last time I called.

I have a fallback I'll attend if not admitted.. don't wanna waste a year just hoping to make it next cycle. Besides, I was offered a half tuition scholarship there, so I'll be saving money in the long haul. Haven't ruled out trying to transfer though.

fosterp

Bronze

Post by fosterp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:04 pm

HerseyChris wrote:Image

The view today. Not computer enhanced (or at least I don't think so).
what a photoshop lol

you would think seattle sits at the base of a range of mountains all of which are the size of mount everest!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pubintrst

New

Post by pubintrst » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:40 pm

fosterp wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:Image

The view today. Not computer enhanced (or at least I don't think so).
what a photoshop lol

you would think seattle sits at the base of a range of mountains all of which are the size of mount everest!
Nope. That's legit, just a well framed photo. Columbia Center and all the Seattle buildings are pretty small and low so this must have been taken from elevation and with a high powered zoom lense. My guess is a Bellevue highrise.

pubintrst

New

Post by pubintrst » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:43 pm

Here would be the night time version...

4llin

New

Post by 4llin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:17 pm

This thread has been dead for a while (probably since it's more or less a lost cause at this point).

However, as an update for anyone still interested I called the admissions office a few days ago and I was informed that they are down to 43 people on their wait-list.

I withdrew shortly thereafter as I have finalized plans elsewhere. Best of luck to you all if you plan on waiting it out the rest of the way.

SeattleToSF

New

Post by SeattleToSF » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:49 pm

I have not heard anything from them since my waitlist letter at the end of March. If I don't hear back in the next couple weeks I will start at Seattle U.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”