U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ProfitsProphets

Re: U Washington

Postby ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:13 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:What PlugInBaby got in the mail today...

Junk mail from American Express wanting me to buy travel insurance

What PlugInBaby did not get...

Ding/WL Letter from U-Dub

Started my LSAT training today....considering I got a 161 not using any special tricks or diagrams other than what came intuitively...I think I can really improve my score quite a bit in two months.

We're down to 2 soc. majors, so here's hoping for a miracle.

What I discovered about the LSAT is, take for example logical reasoning questions, much of the information contained in the stimuli (passage) is irrelevant, designed to make you lose time reading/contemplating answer choices. So develop a keen eye for this and stick to the meat and potatoes to deduce your answer quickly. It some cases it is so obvious, others are much harder to discern. Good Luck!

PetitBonaparte

Postby PetitBonaparte » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:17 pm

hey all. just found this thread. I got W/L at UW last week and let them know that I'd like to stay on the list. It was the only school I'd applied to and had expected to get rejected from, so the W/L came as a pleasant surprise. I'm in-state with 159 LSAT, 3.5 GPA, relevant work experience, and volunteering in WA right now with AmeriCorps. I'm interested in public interest and wrote about that for my PS. Anyone have insight on the possibilities of getting off of the waiting list in general?

Good luck, everyone!

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:22 pm

PetitBonaparte wrote:hey all. just found this thread. I got W/L at UW last week and let them know that I'd like to stay on the list. It was the only school I'd applied to and had expected to get rejected from, so the W/L came as a pleasant surprise. I'm in-state with 159 LSAT, 3.5 GPA, relevant work experience, and volunteering in WA right now with AmeriCorps. I'm interested in public interest and wrote about that for my PS. Anyone have insight on the possibilities of getting off of the waiting list in general?

Good luck, everyone!

According to LSN, some applicants do get off the wait-list, even as late as June, so I would recommend sending a LOCI to further elaborate on what specifically UW has to offer, in conjunction with your interest, and how that combination would be beneficial for both parties. Best of luck.

crm

Postby crm » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 pm

annnndddd rejected.

KIM_SAYS:

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 pm

PetitBonaparte wrote:hey all. just found this thread. I got W/L at UW last week and let them know that I'd like to stay on the list. It was the only school I'd applied to and had expected to get rejected from, so the W/L came as a pleasant surprise. I'm in-state with 159 LSAT, 3.5 GPA, relevant work experience, and volunteering in WA right now with AmeriCorps. I'm interested in public interest and wrote about that for my PS. Anyone have insight on the possibilities of getting off of the waiting list in general?

Good luck, everyone!

Wowww, congrats on that waitlist. I'm jealous. :D Good luck!!

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:17 pm

crm wrote:annnndddd rejected.

I got my rejection letter today, but it is what I expected. However, the letter contained this paragraph: "We will keep your 2009-2010 application on file. If you wish to discuss the reapplication process, please contact the Admissions Office by email...or by phone at.....after May 1, 2010."

Was this paragraph included in all of our rejection letters? What does reapplication process mean?

crm

Postby crm » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:20 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:

I got my rejection letter today, but it is what I expected. However, the letter contained this paragraph: "We will keep your 2009-2010 application on file. If you wish to discuss the reapplication process, please contact the Admissions Office by email...or by phone at.....after May 1, 2010."

Was this paragraph included in all of our rejection letters? What does reapplication process mean?

Yea, it was in mine too, that's weird. I have no idea what it means.

sball

Postby sball » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 pm

crm wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:

Yea, it was in mine too, that's weird. I have no idea what it means.

yea I got the same thing. I think it means that if you want to try again for fall 2011 they'll have your application on file so you may not need to send everything in again because they keep your application for 2 yrs after you apply.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:

That makes me glad that I don't have to send in a form B. I can reapply next year with a better LSAT and a much more personal personal statement and have it complete very early.

Today was first day of LSAT study...seems like I am where I left off....161 territory....I hope after two months I can bump that up at least five points.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Rejected as well. Oh wells.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 am

Rejected via snail mail dated 4/1. Looks like I'll be finishing the PhD, then deciding whether to retake the LSAT and reapply. Good luck to everyone else.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:30 am

I was rejected today as well. Sorry to the other UW hopefuls who didn't make it in, and good luck to everyone that's still waiting or on the WL.

JennyR

Postby JennyR » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:37 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:

Usually, it means that later in the cycle, let's say August, you can call them and ask what they did not like in your application. They might give you some recommendations as to whether you need to improve your LSAT score, or change your PS etc. Not every school is willing to go extra mile for a rejected student and I think it's nice of UW offer us it's assistance.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Rejected as well. Was expected but still stings a bit. Good luck to those still waiting!

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:16 pm

What PlugInBaby Got in the Mail Today
A Box: LSAT PrepTests 49-57 and the next 10 Actual Official LSAT PrepTests.
In the box now: NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

What PlugInBaby Did Not Get
U-Dub Letter: STUPID! YOU'RE SO STUPID!

Reference material: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_UJxuQ ... re=related

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:40 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:

Sorry Profits. Good luck with the LSAT studying. I hope you get a great score for next year's cycle.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:00 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:

Sorry Profits. Good luck with the LSAT studying. I hope you get a great score for next year's cycle.

Thanks Hersey. Now I can refocus on my future, take more time to prepare much better and retake the LSAT, and reapply to UW in the future. This rejection comes as no surprise considering my LSAT score: And the score is.....136.

Can you believe I lasted 10 weeks IR with a 136? I totally bombed the test, but didn't retake initially because of my age (35) and I was trying to get into a school before my daughter got further along in high school (because of moving and she is a freshman). Oh well, none of that matters now, so I can relax, study, study, study and knock the LSAT out of the park! Heck, I may do so well to get a scholarship next time around.

Best of luck to everyone and take care. You have all been great!

Here's rooting for ya Pluginbaby, you're the last soc. major trying to get in.
Last edited by ProfitsProphets on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:22 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:

Thanks Hersey. Now I can refocus on my future, take more time to prepare much better and retake the LSAT, and reapply to UW in the future. This rejection comes as no surprise considering my LSAT score: And the score is.....136.

Can you believe I lasted 10 IR with a 136? I totally bombed the test, but didn't retake initially because of my age (35) and I was trying to get into a school before my daughter got further along in high school (because of moving and she is a freshman). Oh well, none of that matters now, so I can relax, study, study, study and knock the LSAT out of the park! Heck, I may do so well to get a scholarship next time around.

Here's rooting for ya Pluginbaby, you're the last soc. major trying to get in.

I am fully expecting a ding. Now I just wonder if I should wait for the letter or just call them and see what happens. Still leaning toward the former.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Was this paragraph included in all of our rejection letters? What does reapplication process mean?[/quote]

Sorry Profits. Good luck with the LSAT studying. I hope you get a great score for next year's cycle.[/quote]

Can you believe I lasted 10 IR with a 136? I totally bombed the test, but didn't retake initially because of my age (35) and I was trying to get into a school before my daughter got further along in high school (because of moving and she is a freshman). Oh well, none of that matters now, so I can relax, study, study, study and knock the LSAT out of the park! Heck, I may do so well to get a scholarship next time around.

Here's rooting for ya Pluginbaby, you're the last soc. major trying to get in.[/quote]

I am fully expecting a ding. Now I just wonder if I should wait for the letter or just call them and see what happens. Still leaning toward the former.[/quote]

Just wait, continue to hope for a pleasant surprise. If you call, and you're dinged, then it will feel less personal and anti-climatic.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:12 pm

Didn't get the letter but I called admissions. They sent the email. Dinged as expected. (The letter was dated April 1st FWIW)

A tad disappointed...but not hurt that much...just makes me more determined to destroy the LSAT this June.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:15 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:Didn't get the letter but I called admissions. They sent the email. Dinged as expected. (The letter was dated April 1st FWIW)

A tad disappointed...but not hurt that much...just makes me more determined to destroy the LSAT this June.

Sorry Plug, I was really hoping for one of the... soc. majors to get in. Good luck on the LSAT studying, I hope you knock the crap out of the June LSAT.

barrydukakis

Postby barrydukakis » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 pm

anyone received any financial aid information?

QueueToo

Postby QueueToo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:03 am

barrydukakis wrote:anyone received any financial aid information?

Yes. If you sent in the form and asked for expedited review you should have gotten an email.

barrydukakis

Postby barrydukakis » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:09 am

Did you receive any merit based aid?

kevin261186

Postby kevin261186 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Do not be disheartened if you are still waiting. I got WLd with 3.67 and 157 LSAT. I have also been told that UW take a lot of people off the WL and has even been known to dip into rejections to fill up the class (as hard as this is to believe, I assure you it's true)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”