U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sball

Re: U Washington

Postby sball » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm

steven3579 wrote:
sball wrote:sigh just got my rejection letter...went blank tuesday tho oddly enough my letter is dated march 22? ...guess they wanted to wait to let me down? this hurts bcs i love the school and now i'm not gona be in the same state as my SO (i stupidly didn't apply to seattle u...hindsight is seriously 20/20). gluck to everyone else tho!

Apply anyways!! If you're numbers are strong enough they will still evaluate your file.

Edit: Just look at your stats and I got into SeattleU with similar numbers.

are they still accepting applicants? I thought that closed a while ago?

xenoscs

Postby xenoscs » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm

sball wrote:sigh just got my rejection letter...went blank tuesday tho oddly enough my letter is dated march 22? ...guess they wanted to wait to let me down? this hurts bcs i love the school and now i'm not gona be in the same state as my SO (i stupidly didn't apply to seattle u...hindsight is seriously 20/20). gluck to everyone else tho!

My letter was also dated March 22nd, but I did not get it in the mail until April 2nd. (I live just north of Seattle.)

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:07 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
akili wrote:I got dinged today. I thought I would be really bummed but I'm actually pretty excited for whatever next year holds. I don't know if I will retake the LSAT or what I will do. It'll be good though. Thanks for everything!

Sorry to hear the news! I am glad you are bouncing back from it so well. Good luck in whatever you decide to do! Perhaps we may have another year of DRAMA together :P

Everything happens for a reason, and you have the right attitude in moving forward. Best of luck with whatever you decide, and don't forget, there is always next year!

seattlite

Postby seattlite » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:10 pm

steven3579 wrote:

Apply anyways!! If you're numbers are strong enough they will still evaluate your file.

I echo this sentiment! You should definitely apply to Seattle U if you want to be near your significant other. They say that they have a March 1 priority deadline but with rolling admissions. You would be above their 75th LSAT and around the median GPA. I would say you should have a good shot at getting accepted or at least waitlisted, even this late in the cycle. Not sure about scholarship money though. It is not terribly expensive to apply though. I would apply if I were you. :wink:

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:15 pm

xenoscs wrote:

My letter was also dated March 22nd, but I did not get it in the mail until April 2nd. (I live just north of Seattle.)

So this means a stack of decisions sat on a desk (for at least a week, or more) until an employee processed them, which, then, that's when our status checkers went blank and our decisions were mailed. Question is, does it really matter which day we went blank? Agh, the admissions process is so confusing. :?

sball

Postby sball » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 pm

seattlite wrote:
steven3579 wrote:

I echo this sentiment! You should definitely apply to Seattle U if you want to be near your significant other. They say that they have a March 1 priority deadline but with rolling admissions. You would be above their 75th LSAT and around the median GPA. I would say you should have a good shot at getting accepted or at least waitlisted, even this late in the cycle. Not sure about scholarship money though. It is not terribly expensive to apply though. I would apply if I were you. :wink:

thanks so much guys! i'm gona get rolling on their application right now! i feel so motivated! you guys are awesome!

sball

Postby sball » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:30 pm

sball wrote:
seattlite wrote:
steven3579 wrote:

thanks so much guys! i'm gona get rolling on their application right now! i feel so motivated! you guys are awesome!

so i went onto lsac and it looks like seattle u isn't taking applications any more...le sigh

steven3579

Postby steven3579 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Call SeattleU and ask if u can still apply. Maybe via paper app.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:43 pm

No letter for me today, even though I live about three hours from Seattle. When I do receive what I expect will be a rejection, it won't sting much because I have a couple fallback options. Good luck, everyone.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:05 pm

akili wrote:I got dinged today. I thought I would be really bummed but I'm actually pretty excited for whatever next year holds. I don't know if I will retake the LSAT or what I will do. It'll be good though. Thanks for everything!

Ugh, sorry about the news akili. It looks like you have a few good options, but if you decide to wait a year and re-apply, then good luck, and I hope to see you in the class of 2014 then.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:06 pm

LATE BREAKING NEWS!!!!

What the UPS Guy Brought PlugInBaby

The Official LSAT PrepTest 59
10 More Actual Official LSAT Prep Tests
Powerscore LSAT Logic Games Bible
Powerscore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible

Amazon beats U-Dub....you lose HerseyChris!

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:07 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:LATE BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Lol, well hopefully you won't have to study for the LSAT, but it looks like you'll be well prepared. Those two bibles are the key I think.

I wonder why my UW letter was 10x quicker than everyone else's. Blank Monday afternoon, letter received Tuesday at 4pm. Curious.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:22 pm

HerseyChris wrote:

Lol, well hopefully you won't have to study for the LSAT, but it looks like you'll be well prepared. Those two bibles are the key I think.

I wonder why my UW letter was 10x quicker than everyone else's. Blank Monday afternoon, letter received Tuesday at 4pm. Curious.

I'm buying all of those books, and I will seriously take 30 diagnostics (I refuse to score low ever again!). Anyone that didn't make it this year, don't give up. I can hardly expect an admission based on recent mailings.

HS, your letter came fast because you were admitted (maybe they sent it ahead of other rejection letters). This is because of ASD on the 16th. However, all of this is just conjecture, anyway.

I am still waiting on my mail for today, should be here soon.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Don't start your message like that again, I thought, "Holy crap, you're in." Then I saw it was just LSAT stuff. :(

steven3579

Postby steven3579 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Out. Dated 3/31/10

sball

Postby sball » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:09 pm

steven3579 wrote:Out. Dated 3/31/10

damn i'm sorry. also i called their office but unfortunately the deadline passed. looks like i'll go elsewhere then try my hand at transferring.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:14 pm

JOThompson wrote:No letter for me today, even though I live about three hours from Seattle. When I do receive what I expect will be a rejection, it won't sting much because I have a couple fallback options. Good luck, everyone.

Wow, I just checked out your profile. You applied very aggresively, which was savy this cycle I think. That Iowa scholly + RA looks impossible to turn down. Great job and good luck!

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:17 pm

sball wrote:

damn i'm sorry. also i called their office but unfortunately the deadline passed. looks like i'll go elsewhere then try my hand at transferring.

Wait a year if you aren't exited to be going where you have been accepted. You can find something worthwhile to do for a year. Get a job, study for and retake the lsat, and try again next year with applications to UW and SU. Heck, if you don't already live in Washington, move here, then you can establish residency and be near your SO.

mat2013

Postby mat2013 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:29 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:
JOThompson wrote:No letter for me today, even though I live about three hours from Seattle. When I do receive what I expect will be a rejection, it won't sting much because I have a couple fallback options. Good luck, everyone.

Wow, I just checked out your profile. You applied very aggresively, which was savy this cycle I think. That Iowa scholly + RA looks impossible to turn down. Great job and good luck!

Wow! What exactly does being an RA get you?

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 pm

I broke down and e-mailed. Got my rejection letter, as expected, dated 3/31. Never pleasant to hear, and I still don't get why it took until the last day if I wasn't even waitlist-worthy, but I had kind of turned my attention elsewhere as it was. Good luck to everyone still waiting/applying next year.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:34 pm

mat2013 wrote:
aPosseAdEsse wrote:

Wow! What exactly does being an RA get you?

I was really fortunate to have an LSAC fee waiver, so I made the most of it. I initially felt silly about applying so broadly, but now I'm glad I invested the time in all those apps.

The main benefit of being an RA/TA is instate tuition. You also get subsidized healthcare and a small stipend for performing 10 hours of work a week as a 2/3L. Sad as I may be to get dinged at U-Dub, the Iowa deal is pretty enticing too. I'll be rooting for the rest of you folks who are still awaiting a decision :)

sball

Postby sball » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:33 pm

jcl2 wrote:
sball wrote:

Wait a year if you aren't exited to be going where you have been accepted. You can find something worthwhile to do for a year. Get a job, study for and retake the lsat, and try again next year with applications to UW and SU. Heck, if you don't already live in Washington, move here, then you can establish residency and be near your SO.

yea, that's what i wanted to do. but my parents have basically told me that I need to go into law school now (I already took a year off to do research/take lsat and apply to PhD/JD programs, and since I was told I could only take a yr off I had to turn down jobs that required 2 yr commitment.) I'm just going with the idea that I wasn't mean to go to UW and that maybe I'll get into some of my remaining schools that I wouldn't mind going to...

UWlawhopeful

Postby UWlawhopeful » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 am

Got the mail today. It finally came! I was denied admission but I am so glad to finally have closure. I am really looking forward to Seattle University.

Best of luck to those still waiting and to those on the waitlist!

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:57 pm

UWlawhopeful wrote:Got the mail today. It finally came! I was denied admission but I am so glad to finally have closure. I am really looking forward to Seattle University.

Best of luck to those still waiting and to those on the waitlist!

Sorry to hear that UW, as we were in the same stack, I should expect a similar fate. Best of luck to you at SU. It's time to prepare for the LSAT, for me.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 pm

What PlugInBaby got in the mail today...

Junk mail from American Express wanting me to buy travel insurance

What PlugInBaby did not get...

Ding/WL Letter from U-Dub

Started my LSAT training today....considering I got a 161 not using any special tricks or diagrams other than what came intuitively...I think I can really improve my score quite a bit in two months.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”