U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jmhallah

Re: U Washington

Postby jmhallah » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Just got the mail annnnnd... wait list! I'm excited that I still have a chance to go to this school!

Also, some interesting things to note:

-"We are placing about 100 applicants on the waiting list"
-"This year, we received almost 2,600 applications for the 180 positions in the first-year class."

Hopefully they didn't send admits out to a lot of people so some of us WLers can get in...

Also, anyone know if UW has a lot of movement off their wait list??
Last edited by jmhallah on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:10 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:It happened to one person on LSN....

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/samb/jd

I am about to swallow my heart here...here's hoping those emails are one at a time.

j.wellington wrote:I'm thinking this is correct. I guess I can consider myself "rejected via reading of third-hand rebroadcast of premature e-mail invite on anonymous online message board." Oh well. It makes my decision much easier.

I'm really sorry. I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I figured I should keep everyone updated. :(

Of course, though, not everyone may be on the admitted students list yet, like akili said.

sball

Postby sball » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 pm

i've just pretty much prepared myself for rejection to try to soften the blow...still nothing in my mail. i hope i get it tomorrow, i don't think i could last till monday :(

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:23 pm

MBZags wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:It happened to one person on LSN....

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/samb/jd

I am about to swallow my heart here...here's hoping those emails are one at a time.

j.wellington wrote:I'm thinking this is correct. I guess I can consider myself "rejected via reading of third-hand rebroadcast of premature e-mail invite on anonymous online message board." Oh well. It makes my decision much easier.

I'm really sorry. I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I figured I should keep everyone updated. :(

Of course, though, not everyone may be on the admitted students list yet, like akili said.

Naw, it's good. I saw it coming, and my enthusiasm for the school had started to fade some anyway. I do think this is conclusive, though; a mass mailing is a mass mailing. I can now spend my weekend comparing the merits of Bloomington and Boulder.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:24 pm

Ahh, the power of deduction. Here we find ourselves looking for small clues to determine our fate. I didn't get an email either, I don't have anything under mailings, so based on these deductive measures, I must be rejected. Wow, 10 weeks IR, going crazy, trying to figure out my future, and as it turns out, all I needed to know is whether or not I get an acceptance e-mail during the last week or have multiple mailings to determine my decision. How about we all wait another day or two, maybe three, then we'll have our answers without speculation about someone else's experience.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:27 pm

I'm still holding out hope for a waitlist...I would ride it to the very end since I am not super crazy about any of the other schools I applied to.

sball

Postby sball » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:28 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:Ahh, the power of deduction. Here we find ourselves looking for small clues to determine our fate. I didn't get an email either, I don't have anything under mailings, so based on these deductive measures, I must be rejected. Wow, 10 weeks IR, going crazy, trying to figure out my future, and as it turns out, all I needed to know is whether or not I get an acceptance e-mail during the last week or have multiple mailings to determine my decision. How about we all wait another day or two, maybe three, then we'll have our answers without speculation about someone else's experience.

I wouldn't mind if you're right and we all got accepted (or at least waitlisted) :-D here's to hopin! gluck!

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:37 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:I'm still holding out hope for a waitlist...I would ride it to the very end since I am not super crazy about any of the other schools I applied to.

If we're not in, then I believe we are WL, too. Also, I sent you a PM.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:44 pm

jmhallah wrote:Just got the mail annnnnd... wait list! I'm excited that I still have a chance to go to this school, one of my top choices.

Also, some interesting things to note:

-"We are placing about 100 applicants on the waiting list"
-"This year, we received almost 2,600 applications for the 180 positions in the first-year class."

Hopefully they didn't send admits out to a lot of people so some of us WLers can get in...

Also, anyone know if UW has a lot of movement off their wait list??

If there were only 2600 apps, then I like that better than 3k apps considering how many rejections have gone out to date. According to LSN, people were accepted from the WL in past cycles, some as late as June. Heck, I'll take a WL in a heartbeat.

xenoscs

Postby xenoscs » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Blank on Tuesday, no mass-email, and came home to a rejection letter. Good luck everyone still waiting.

sball

Postby sball » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:25 pm

xenoscs wrote:Blank on Tuesday, no mass-email, and came home to a rejection letter. Good luck everyone still waiting.

damn, i'm sorry :( and looks like things aren't lookin up for me then...hopin i'll find out tmrw

seameg

Postby seameg » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:34 pm

@xenoscs, I'm sorry, too.

Can I ask where else you applied or have been admitted to?

Hartman

Postby Hartman » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:58 pm

went blank on tuesday and rejected today...163/3.52

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Did anyone else go blank on Wednesday the 31st? Heard anything?

So we have blank on Tuesday: 1 admit (Hersey), 3 denied;
Blank on Wednesday: ??
Blank on Thursday: ??

Anyone still IR today?

UWlawhopeful

Postby UWlawhopeful » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Blank on Wednesday, nothing in the mail today! I was really hoping it was going to be there. No email.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:44 pm

UWlawhopeful wrote:Blank on Wednesday, nothing in the mail today! I was really hoping it was going to be there. No email.

+1

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:36 pm

UWlawhopeful wrote:Blank on Wednesday, nothing in the mail today! I was really hoping it was going to be there. No email.

Not only were we both IR 1/21/10, but we also went blank on Wednesday, too. Further proof we were in the same stack=WL or Acceptance, or
WL----->Acceptance. That's how I feel and I stickin' to it.

Fecta23

Postby Fecta23 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Ill ask again, what do people here think the odds of getting off the wait list are ? UW is far and away my number one school and will do anything to help my chances.

UWlawhopeful

Postby UWlawhopeful » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:00 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:

Not only were we both IR 1/21/10, but we also went blank on Wednesday, too. Further proof we were in the same stack=WL or Acceptance, or

Profits - I like the way you think. We can race eachother to see who can get their seat deposit in first next week!

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:59 am

Fecta23 wrote:Ill ask again, what do people here think the odds of getting off the wait list are ? UW is far and away my number one school and will do anything to help my chances.

According to LSN, several past applicants went WL----->Acceptance as late as June. Send LOCI if you haven't already sent one, and communicate why you are a great fit to UW. Good luck, and congrats on the WL.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:02 am

UWlawhopeful wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:

Profits - I like the way you think. We can race eachother to see who can get their seat deposit in first next week!

:mrgreen:

seattlite

Postby seattlite » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Just received my rejection letter in the mail. Blank on Wednesday, letter dated Thursday (April 1st). Really, really disappointed and sad....crying right now. :(

In-state, 162 LSAT, 3.5 GPA, extensive and relevant work-experience.

Best of luck to the rest of you.

crm

Postby crm » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:45 pm

seattlite wrote:Just received my rejection letter in the mail. Blank on Wednesday, letter dated Thursday (April 1st). Really, really disappointed and sad....crying right now. :(

I"m sorry Seattlite! Everything happens for a reason though, wherever you end up you will have a blast I'm sure!

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:09 pm

seattlite wrote:Just received my rejection letter in the mail. Blank on Wednesday, letter dated Thursday (April 1st). Really, really disappointed and sad....crying right now. :(

U-Dub seems to be all over the place at this juncture...then again they are all over the place in general right now. Sorry to hear it *hugs*.

I am fully expecting a rejection letter in the next couple days (or be pleasantly surprised by a waitlist). A little off topic...did any of you guys get fee waivers?

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm really sorry. It's a bit heartbreaking to see all these people who want it so badly get bad news.

I don't understand why they would wait until the very last day to outright reject someone. If an application didn't even warrant a waitlist you would think they could arrive at that conclusion a little sooner. It may sound like sour grapes since I'm probably waiting on a rejection letter, but I'm actually happy now that I won't be going here. This process has been eye-opening.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”