U Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kayskay

New

Re: U Washington

Post by kayskay » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:05 pm

sarlis wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:Anyone else hoping their 'In Review' turns into 'Decision in the mail' or whatever the status is? According to LSN last year, it seems like 2-5 decisions were sent out from Feb 2nd to Feb 17th or so. Let's hope the trend continues. It's only been two weeks, but this waiting is killing me.
i've been UR since the end of december... no movement since!

+1

Billy Batts

Silver

Post by Billy Batts » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Has it just been in-staters accepted thus far?

aimhigh09

Bronze

Post by aimhigh09 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:22 pm

chrisokc wrote:Has it just been in-staters accepted thus far?
Nope. I'm technically a DC resident, though I did grow up in WA.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:54 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:
chrisokc wrote:Has it just been in-staters accepted thus far?
Nope. I'm technically a DC resident, though I did grow up in WA.
Same. I grew up just outside of Seattle, but have been in NYC for the past ten years.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Still "In Review 01/21/10".

I would love to have to move to Seattle this summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mango26

Bronze

Post by mango26 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:06 pm

so U Wash is my super reach first choice. if i am accepted i will definitely be going there. but i am non-URM, 3.3, 163....i'm expecting a rejection, but is there any hope??

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:22 pm

mango26 wrote:so U Wash is my super reach first choice. if i am accepted i will definitely be going there. but i am non-URM, 3.3, 163....i'm expecting a rejection, but is there any hope??
It's really tough to say since UW isn't like some other schools where there seems to be a clear cutoff in GPA and LSAT. I hear they prefer in-state kids, and they seem to prefer high GPA (sucks for me). I wouldn't expect an acceptance, but you never know, since they seem to like softs or kids who really want to go to UW (just a guess as to why some high numbers got rejected). LSP puts you at 31% while hourumd.com puts you at 11%. Good luck!

mle0918

New

Post by mle0918 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:24 pm

mango26 wrote:so U Wash is my super reach first choice. if i am accepted i will definitely be going there. but i am non-URM, 3.3, 163....i'm expecting a rejection, but is there any hope??
UW's my super reach first choice as well, but the fact that they average LSAT scores will make it a super duper reach for me.

sophistry

Bronze

Post by sophistry » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:38 pm

mle0918 wrote:
UW's my super reach first choice as well, but the fact that they average LSAT scores will make it a super duper reach for me.
I have a (completely unfounded) belief that they changed this policy. They just got a new dean, so I expect (/hope) they drop this rank-killing policy. As far as I know, no one has talked with admissions about this during our cycle. Has anyone heard anything new?

I'll have a pretty good shot at admission if they take my highest score. If they average... I'll find that little rejection letter in the mail....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:48 pm

sophistry wrote:
mle0918 wrote:
I have a (completely unfounded) belief that they changed this policy. They just got a new dean, so I expect (/hope) they drop this rank-killing policy. As far as I know, no one has talked with admissions about this during our cycle. Has anyone heard anything new?

I'll have a pretty good shot at admission if they take my highest score. If they average... I'll find that little rejection letter in the mail....
I wonder what changes the new dean will make with regards to admissions. I got the same LSAT score twice, so averaging won't matter to me, but my GPA is below the 25%, so hopefully they lower their GPA standards a bit.

Last year the 2nd wave of acceptances/rejections started coming out 1/30 and was steady until the end of February. Hopefully the same happens for this week or next week. Getting extremely nervous. It'd also be nice to know if I got in so I can tell my landlord if I'm renewing my lease or not.

mango26

Bronze

Post by mango26 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:55 pm

sophistry wrote:
mle0918 wrote:

i hope you're right about them changing this policy...otherwise i'm really screwed

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:36 pm

sophistry wrote:
mle0918 wrote:

I also feel like there might be some changes in the works, though I have nothing really to back that up with. In addition to the new dean there is also a new director of admissions, and from looking at what Dean Testy did at Seattle U and also from some of the things she has said about her goals at UW, I would not be surprised to see some significant changes in admissions policies aimed at making UW more competitive in the US News rankings game.

It probably isn't the way it should be in an ideal world, but given the importance of rankings to law schools, a major duty of the dean of every law school except for Yale is to maintain and improve the schools ranking, and I think with Testy we have someone who will be aggressive in that regard. When she was hired she said that UW should have a top 10 law school, and that she intends to move it in that direction. This seems overly optimistic to me, but I hope she is right and I hope she follows through.

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:40 pm

I've been at Ready for Review since 1/13. For those of you who are under review, how long did it take to go under review after being at ready for review?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:41 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:I've been at Ready for Review since 1/13. For those of you who are under review, how long did it take to go under review after being at ready for review?
from the beginning of november until the end of december, then i have been UR since then

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:44 pm

sarlis wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:I've been at Ready for Review since 1/13. For those of you who are under review, how long did it take to go under review after being at ready for review?
from the beginning of november until the end of december, then i have been UR since then
Based on that, I'm in for a very long wait :shock:

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Been ready for review since 12/16. FML.

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Neelio and Cardinal, don't worry, looking at your stats you guys should both be in unless your PS is titled 'I hate coffee and rain'.
Every time I get an email saying this thread has been updated, I think someone's status has changed. My guess is that they will send out letters next Monday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thestoryends

New

Post by thestoryends » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:57 pm

In REVIEW!!! status checking everyday since 12/15, i am psyyyyched.

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Ready for review since 12/29. I'm ready for some kind of feedback.

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:06 pm

gatorlion wrote:Ready for review since 12/29. I'm ready for some kind of feedback.
Me too.

It has finally dawned on me that, given my middle-road stats, maybe half my apps won't be disposed of until after the first seat deposit is due at the few schools to which I've actually been accepted.

F this game.

UrbanAchievers

Bronze

Post by UrbanAchievers » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:13 pm

thestoryends wrote:In REVIEW!!! status checking everyday since 12/15, i am psyyyyched.
Good to see some movement. Is 12/15 when you went complete?

Thanks for the info.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TWoodWil

Bronze

Post by TWoodWil » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:55 pm

UrbanAchievers wrote:
thestoryends wrote:In REVIEW!!! status checking everyday since 12/15, i am psyyyyched.

Thanks for the info.
In review - 2/3 here too. Complete 12/16.

One step closer to rejection.

goingoingone

New

Post by goingoingone » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:29 pm

In review 2/3 after being ready for review on 12/15.

I'm hopeful, but I don't know that I should expect positive news.

UrbanAchievers

Bronze

Post by UrbanAchievers » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Good luck to all of you.

thestoryends

New

Post by thestoryends » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:26 pm

UrbanAchievers wrote:

Thanks for the info.
yep. seems like they're getting around to the mid-december complete crowd...
other people in review 2/3, in-state or out? I'm out. Curious how they're grouping these.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”