U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ProfitsProphets

Re: U Washington

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:31 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
akili wrote:I'm blank finally!!!

Good luck Akili and Profits, Griffkin, and others! Good Luck ADPosse with the waitlist.

Thanks, so far, you're the lucky one.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:32 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:Anyone else thinking in their head of all the possible reasons why they would accept, waitlist, or deny you? I can think of tons of reasons why they would take me, but yet think of just as many reasons for why they would ding me. YOU ARE TEARING ME APART ADCOMMS!!!

+10

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:39 pm

I'm going crazy, yet I'm calm. I know my decision is coming, days away, in fact, yet I can't understand where all my optimism went. I just assume I'll be rejected like my other applications, but I want to believe that being IR for 10 weeks meant something, as in "We like you and we want you at our school."

PS I don't think a blank mailing, or not, means anything at this point. It's at the end of the cycle and I imagine the Admissions is rushing decisions out the door with no time to update the mailings section.

griffkin

Postby griffkin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:
akili wrote:I'm blank finally!!!

Good luck Akili and Profits, Griffkin, and others! Good Luck ADPosse with the waitlist.

Thanks, so far, you're the lucky one.

Seconded. Appreciate the good vibes Chris, congrats again on your admittance :) Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Hartman

Postby Hartman » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 pm

has anyone who went blank on tuesday heard back yet?

sball

Postby sball » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Hartman wrote:has anyone who went blank on tuesday heard back yet?

not yet, when i called earlier the guy said i should know real soon. i live in cali tho so I'll prob hear back tmrw or latest saturday

Hartman

Postby Hartman » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:24 pm

crazy cause I went blank on tuesday as well and I live less than a mile from the law building and I still haven't gotten mine yet. Hopefully tomorrow i guess.

UWlawhopeful

Postby UWlawhopeful » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:10 am

Headybrah wrote:anyone else call?

fairly tempting

I also called and was told it was mailed on the 31st, and should arrive yesterday or today (Friday). She said decisions are not given out over the phone.

Let's hope for "good" vibes, its Good Friday afterall!

hopefulhorn

Postby hopefulhorn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:12 am

I went blank on Tuesday, got my decision yesterday.....I'm in! So maybe that's good news for those of you still waiting...

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:27 am

hopefulhorn wrote:I went blank on Tuesday, got my decision yesterday.....I'm in! So maybe that's good news for those of you still waiting...

Well congratulations, though assuming your profile and screen name are accurate, congratulations on UT as well.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:35 pm

hopefulhorn wrote:I went blank on Tuesday, got my decision yesterday.....I'm in! So maybe that's good news for those of you still waiting...

You said you got strong softs...mind sharing what those are with the rest of us hopefuls?

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:07 pm

In addition I have also noticed a strong bias toward in-staters in this final junction...especially in terms of the waitlisted....but a Texan getting it keeps me hopeful.

Whitters

Postby Whitters » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm

So to clarify: everyone who's status checker went blank on Tuesday should be getting a decision by mail soon? And the only person who has received word is an admit? Ugh, I hope its not a mixed batch!!

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Whitters wrote:So to clarify: everyone who's status checker went blank on Tuesday should be getting a decision by mail soon? And the only person who has received word is an admit? Ugh, I hope its not a mixed batch!!

I believe two posters who went blank on Tuesday were rejected.

Whitters

Postby Whitters » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:25 pm

j.wellington wrote:
Whitters wrote:So to clarify: everyone who's status checker went blank on Tuesday should be getting a decision by mail soon? And the only person who has received word is an admit? Ugh, I hope its not a mixed batch!!

I believe two posters who went blank on Tuesday were rejected.

Boo! Oh well, here's to hoping!

Fecta23

Postby Fecta23 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Does UW's acceptances come in a big envelope ?

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:31 pm

Fecta23 wrote:Does UW's acceptances come in a big envelope ?

Small, 2 pages.

seameg

Postby seameg » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Argh. So my letter was supposedly mailed yesterday... I live in Seattle.... mail is here, and nothing from UW. I don't know if my heart can survive another full day of waiting. Can I just go to sleep now until tomorrow?

UWlawhopeful

Postby UWlawhopeful » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:52 pm

Its soooo tough knowing that the letter has got to be sitting in the mailbox and I'm still at work!!! I'm somewhat less than productive today...

Fecta23

Postby Fecta23 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Waitlisted. What are the odds of getting off the waitlist ?

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:17 pm

Even though I withdrew, UW sent out an e-mail about their admitted students day to everyone who has been admitted. The e-mail ends with the following:

P.S. For some admittees, this email may come in advance of your mailed notification of admission. We have learned that some of our outbound mailings in the past two weeks have been delayed. If you have any questions, please contact us by email or phone (206-543-4078).

So, just an educated guess here, but if you didn't get the e-mail, your decision is probably a WL/rejections. I can't be sure, obviously, but that's how I read it.

akili

Postby akili » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:29 pm

MBZags wrote:Even though I withdrew, UW sent out an e-mail about their admitted students day to everyone who has been admitted. The e-mail ends with the following:

P.S. For some admittees, this email may come in advance of your mailed notification of admission. We have learned that some of our outbound mailings in the past two weeks have been delayed. If you have any questions, please contact us by email or phone (206-543-4078).

So, just an educated guess here, but if you didn't get the e-mail, your decision is probably a WL/rejections. I can't be sure, obviously, but that's how I read it.

I think that if your letter was sent out a week ago, then yes that is true. But for many of us our letters were mailed yesterday. There's no way that they would send an email to the 4/1 batch today.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:32 pm

akili wrote:
MBZags wrote:Even though I withdrew, UW sent out an e-mail about their admitted students day to everyone who has been admitted. The e-mail ends with the following:

I think that if your letter was sent out a week ago, then yes that is true. But for many of us our letters were mailed yesterday. There's no way that they would send an email to the 4/1 batch today.

It happened to one person on LSN....

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/samb/jd

I am about to swallow my heart here...here's hoping those emails are one at a time.

akili

Postby akili » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:36 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
akili wrote:

It happened to one person on LSN....

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/samb/jd

I am about to swallow my heart here...here's hoping those emails are one at a time.

BUT! We don't know when that person went blank!! They could've gone blank two weeks ago and just not gotten their letter yet.

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:39 pm

I'm thinking this is correct. I guess I can consider myself "rejected via reading of third-hand rebroadcast of premature e-mail invite on anonymous online message board." Oh well. It makes my decision much easier.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”