U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aPosseAdEsse

Re: U Washington

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 pm

Still I-R.

Chris I bet you're in.

Crossing my fingers for all of us.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:Still I-R.

Chris I bet you're in.

Thanks. I hope you, Neelio, and the three Sociology majors (I feel like I'm forgetting someon) go blank and get good news soon.

griffkin

Postby griffkin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:30 pm

HerseyChris wrote:

Chris I bet you're in.

Thanks. I hope you, Neelio, and the three Sociology majors (I feel like I'm forgetting someon) go blank and get good news soon.

:cry:

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:34 pm

griffkin wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

Chris I bet you're in.

Ha, you too griffkin. Would've put more names, but typing on an iPhone is real annoying.

griffkin

Postby griffkin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:40 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
griffkin wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

Chris I bet you're in.

Ha, you too griffkin. Would've put more names, but typing on an iPhone is real annoying.

:) just messing with ya. thanks, and i'm sending good vibes your way!

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm

One interesting second order effect of our keeping this thread active is that it has remained on the front page of TLS nearly all day, which gives the school some visibility among the future lawyers who frequent this site.

You all have probably noticed that most TLS posters seem to leave UW out of their Top-30 lists and predictions. I think that’s misguided and likely reflects east coast bias in the country’s legal class. For example, it’s crazy that, by comparison, Fordham’s admission thread has reached page 281!

UW School of Law is deservedly a top law school. From what I’ve heard and read, plenty of people who attend UW get offers from outside WA, including NYC & LA. I find that exciting because I love Seattle, and I would be thrilled to practice here, but I appreciate that a UW degree has portability.

Anyway, what are you guys doing to pass the time? Days fly by when I’m busy working, but on a day off like today I drive myself mad thinking about law school. I’m about to watch Super Size Me on Netflix streaming, but I think it could be boring. Any recommendations?

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:19 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:One interesting second order effect of our keeping this thread active is that it has remained on the front page of TLS nearly all day, which gives the school some visibility among the future lawyers who frequent this site.

You all have probably noticed that most TLS posters seem to leave UW out of their Top-30 lists and predictions. I think that’s misguided and likely reflects east coast bias in the country’s legal class. For example, it’s crazy that, by comparison, Fordham’s admission thread has reached page 281!

UW School of Law is deservedly a top law school. From what I’ve heard and read, plenty of people who attend UW get offers from outside WA, including NYC & LA. I find that exciting because I love Seattle, and I would be thrilled to practice here, but I appreciate that a UW degree has portability.

Anyway, what are you guys doing to pass the time? Days fly by when I’m busy working, but on a day off like today I drive myself mad thinking about law school. I’m about to watch Super Size Me on Netflix streaming, but I think it could be boring. Any recommendations?

Listen to Muse or watch Azumanga Daioh.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Hm...I don't know about anime. Super Size Me has been interesting so far though. Several lawyers are in the film actually.

griffkin

Postby griffkin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:54 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:Hm...I don't know about anime. Super Size Me has been interesting so far though. Several lawyers are in the film actually.

I've been meaning to watch Super Size Me.

Watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine on Cinemax right now. Haven't seen it 'til just now. It's been fun to watch thus far.

eldizknee

Postby eldizknee » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 pm

Last edited by eldizknee on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:41 am

Not blank... think I've missed the cut ladies and gentlemen.

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:42 am

Neelio wrote:Not blank... think I've missed the cut ladies and gentlemen.

Lets hope not. Hang in there.

I can't imagine they would reject someone with your numbers who will obviously attend, which they should know based on your phone calls and if they have ever looked at this thread.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:35 am

ProfitsProphets wrote:
aPosseAdEsse wrote:My gut feeling is a positive one for all of us who still eagerly await a response from UW. If UW didn't want us, then we would be rejected by now. It's just a matter of fitting us in, since UW knows that we are actually going to accept our offers once extended.

thank you, aPosse, the nicest post today, yet. And you're right, I imagine many of us would call within the first hour with credit card in hand ready to pay the seat deposit. :D

Yeah, I think that's kind of right. If you're still waiting to hear back, that's probably a good sign, like a 'we want you, we're just not sure we have enough spots yet, we probably do, but we just want to be safe'.

And I'm going to go back and defend my stupid comments that you mentioned before by saying TLS really beats in people's minds the t-14 or bust mentality, when people should really look for the best fit, and I think that's why a lot of people in this particular thread love UW so much because they recognize a good fit when they see one.

edit: Going blank has its ups and downs. I couldn't fall asleep until 3 am last night because of nerves. Hopefully that doesn't continue for the next few days.
Last edited by HerseyChris on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:54 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:One interesting second order effect of our keeping this thread active is that it has remained on the front page of TLS nearly all day, which gives the school some visibility among the future lawyers who frequent this site.

Pass the time? Well for all of 2009 I was pretty much either studying for the LSAT or the CPA exam. I finally passed the CPA in January, so now I've had a bunch of free time.

I do boring things like exercise and track it in a spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html)

I'm also doing a book per week and a tv show per week.
So far I've read SuperFreakonomics, Shadow of the Wind, The Office and Philosophy, Cat's Cradle, Atlas Shrugged, The Communist Manifesto, Blink, Once a Runner, The Logic of Life, The Selfish Gene, When Nietzsche wept, Now I can Die in Peace, and Infinite Jest.
Here's my tvondvd collection (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... SNkE&hl=en) Currently re-watching the BBC Office and Seinfeld.

Also, I'm making a list of stuff I'd buy/do if I get into law school and quit my job early. I was hoping to buy a house, but the four houses I wanted are already sold, and I think the tax credit deal is ending soon. Here's my list so far:
1. Electric Violin
2. Electric Banjo
3. Bike.
4. Trip to Greece (saw this great deal online for $1100 for 8 days in Athens, Myokonos, and Santorini).
5. Trip to Machu Pichu?
6. Run a Marathon
7. Do a 2 month stint in Thailand or Cambodia for this 'take care of the elephants' program.
8. Lasik
Of course all these ideas were spawned without much thought towards money, and once that's factored in, I'll probably end up doing just one or two at most on this list.

Edit: Totally forgot Jake Locker #10 Jersey. Then whatever Jersey Nick Montana decides to wear.

akili

Postby akili » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:29 pm

I am not blank yet either :(. Ahhhhhh so nervous. AND I made the mistake of telling my friends and family that UW is my top choice and they are all asking me every day.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 pm

so... just to recap... who in the IR 03/05 - 03/06 group is not blank? and if not, are you in state? just finding another way to drive myself nuts today... thanks.

griffkin

Postby griffkin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:06 pm

3/5... not blank... in state.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:08 pm

Part of the 3/6 crew, not blank, out of state.

Headybrah

Postby Headybrah » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:10 pm

love positive thoughts in this thread

good luck to all

IR 3/12 (form B submitted late opppsie)

163 - 3.54

hoping for the best would love an excuse to move to Northwest!
well not an excuse but you know what I am saying

pootie

Postby pootie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:12 pm

IR 3/6. Not blank. Out of state. I'm really hoping they'll just email decisions this week.

akili

Postby akili » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:12 pm

I want so much for all of us to get in! This is by far my favorite thread on TLS and I love our little "community". Yall are great.

seattlite

Postby seattlite » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:26 pm

I too am hoping for you all to get in!

I am IR 3/10 (still not blank). In-state, 3.5 GPA, 162 LSAT, non-traditional student with extensive, relevant work experience and unique softs (or at least so I think). UW is my top choice. :)

I agree with HerseyChris that no news is probably good news. I think they must really like our apps to have kept us this long, and maybe they are just trying to figure out if we are accepts or waitlists. Here's to hoping that we are all accepts!

I hope we all get in and get to take classes together. Wouldn't that be fun! :P

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:27 pm

pootie wrote:IR 3/6. Not blank. Out of state. I'm really hoping they'll just email decisions this week.

+1 (IR 3/4)

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:34 pm

akili wrote:I want so much for all of us to get in! This is by far my favorite thread on TLS and I love our little "community". Yall are great.

If I get in, I hope this sentiment is extended to me as well. :?:

BTW, I'm not part of the 3/5, 3/6 group but I am still IR.

It would be cool to find some new Soc Buddies and new friends from all over. I really hope we all get in too.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:37 pm

seattlite wrote:I too am hoping for you all to get in!

I am IR 3/10 (still not blank). In-state, 3.5 GPA, 162 LSAT, non-traditional student with extensive, relevant work experience and unique softs (or at least so I think). UW is my top choice. :)

I agree with HerseyChris that no news is probably good news. I think they must really like our apps to have kept us this long, and maybe they are just trying to figure out if we are accepts or waitlists. Here's to hoping that we are all accepts!

I hope we all get in and get to take classes together. Wouldn't that be fun! :P

Then we are two peas in a pod: non-traditional, relevant work experience and unique softs (I know so). There must be a reason why many of us are still hanging around, UW has us linked somehow.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”