U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
akili

Re: U Washington

Postby akili » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:55 am

PlugInBaby wrote:
Tweek wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:I wonder how many of us are still waiting to hear back as we approach the 4/1 deadline.

Is there a "deadline" I'm not aware of? In my admission letter it just said email them to let them know how your decision is shaping up before April 1, but the deposit deadline isn't till May 1. Am I mistaken? Is there anything I need to do before April 1 to make sure I don't lose my seat? Thanks guys.

April 1st is the U-Dub's self-determined admissions line. Thus far it seems that they have to get quite busy to make it.

BTW 3.77/161 IR 3/6

Looks like I should buy those LSAT prep materials today....good luck all!

But hey that's a good sign!

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 am

Tweek wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:I wonder how many of us are still waiting to hear back as we approach the 4/1 deadline.

Is there a "deadline" I'm not aware of? In my admission letter it just said email them to let them know how your decision is shaping up before April 1, but the deposit deadline isn't till May 1. Am I mistaken? Is there anything I need to do before April 1 to make sure I don't lose my seat? Thanks guys.

I'm sure that they would just like you to let them know the status of your decision by April 1 to make their planning easier, I don't think they can actually take your seat away before the stated seat deposit date. I think there may actually be ABA rules regarding this.

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:00 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
Tweek wrote:

April 1st is the U-Dub's self-determined admissions line. Thus far it seems that they have to get quite busy to make it.

BTW 3.77/161 IR 3/6

I bet you will get in as soon as you buy the prep materials. That's how things usually work :D

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:02 pm

jcl2 wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
Tweek wrote:

BTW 3.77/161 IR 3/6

I bet you will get in as soon as you buy the prep materials. That's how things usually work :D

That would be a worthwhile investment then :)

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:36 pm

IR 12/11/ IR 03/05 160/3.7

My sister could use my lsat materials, but I've been hanging on to them just in case.

When you bring the tarps to the camping trip it never rains, and when you forget them it always does!

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Just called... they said (extremely definitively) that all decisions will be made by April 1. looks like they're going to be working some OT this week...

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Neelio wrote:Just called... they said (extremely definitively) that all decisions will be made by April 1. looks like they're going to be working some OT this week...

My guess (just total speculation): The have already reviewed all of the remaining applications and ranked them in some manner, and are waiting until the very last minute to draw the final accept/waitlist/reject lines based on what they hear from already accepted applicants.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:11 pm

jcl2 wrote:
Neelio wrote:Just called... they said (extremely definitively) that all decisions will be made by April 1. looks like they're going to be working some OT this week...

My guess (just total speculation): The have already reviewed all of the remaining applications and ranked them in some manner, and are waiting until the very last minute to draw the final accept/waitlist/reject lines based on what they hear from already accepted applicants.

I think this is the credited response.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:51 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:
jcl2 wrote:

I think this is the credited response.

I don't have anyone to direct my frustration to right now, but I'm imagining a group of people who are in at some great or similar schools to UW as well as US with little to no intention of attending going to UW waiting until April 1st to withdraw, and it's driving me up the wall. It's only 3-4 more days, but god I hate waiting. Hopefully the mailman is quick.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:20 pm

IR 1/21/10
3.75/3.71
1*6, (sorry, you're not getting that out of me, just in case I get in, but rest assured, by your definition, auto-reject)

Looking at some of the great lsat scores still IR, in comparison to mine makes this final push really interesting. I can't even explain why I'm still IR, but my theory is, for some, the lsat is not indicative of potential success in law school. This is why I only applied to tier 1 law schools with such a horrid score, because I believe in me and my story/grades/LORs/Resume, and quite frankly, I belong, and I think UW may feel the same. Only time will tell.

BTW, my earlier "deadline" comment relates to the seat deposit deadline of 5/1, which is obvious, but some people like to question things they already know the answers too.

Edit: 4/1 is a soft deadline, as you said, they want to know your intentions. Thus, they can complete the class with those still waiting based on the amount of room left. Neelio, they say 4/1 all decisions will be made, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll all have answers by then, as in a letter in hand.

UWlawhopeful

Postby UWlawhopeful » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:28 pm

IR 1/21/2010

LSAT < 160
GPA < 3.0

I think it's safe to say all my fingers and toes are crossed.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:32 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:IR 1/21/10
3.75/3.71
1*6, (sorry, you're not getting that out of me, just in case I get in, but rest assured, by your definition, auto-reject)

Looking at some of the great lsat scores still IR, in comparison to mine makes this final push really interesting. I can't even explain why I'm still IR, but my theory is, for some, the lsat is not indicative of potential success in law school. This is why I only applied to tier 1 law schools with such a horrid score, because I believe in me and my story/grades/LORs/Resume, and quite frankly, I belong, and I think UW may feel the same. Only time will tell.

BTW, my earlier "deadline" comment relates to the seat deposit deadline of 5/1, which is obvious, but some people like to question things they already know the answers too.

Edit: 4/1 is a soft deadline, as you said, they want to know your intentions. Thus, they can complete the class with those still waiting based on the amount of room left. Neelio, they say 4/1 all decisions will be made, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll all have answers by then, as in a letter in hand.

It's a foregone conclusion that I won't have the answer by this Thursday, but as long as my status checker is blank, I'll be happy.

crm

Postby crm » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Neelio wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:IR 1/21/10
3.75/3.71

It's a foregone conclusion that I won't have the answer by this Thursday, but as long as my status checker is blank, I'll be happy.

Agreed, I just want to know that a decision is on the way...

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:42 pm

I want an answer just as bad as anyone. I'm like PIB, I need to know if I need to get my lsat prep books out and take 30 diagnostics, or do I start preparing to relocate and get on with my future. I swear, everywhere I go I see "Washington" something, i.e. I go outside on a given day, Bam!, there's a car with Washington plates; I'm driving to an appt., then suddenly, I see someone walking with a Huskies/Washington sweatshirt; yesterday, going to and from my Mom's house, I saw 4 cars going there and 3 cars coming back with Washington plates. I live in CA. My point, I'm seeing Washington everywhere and it is crazy on my mind. The waiting is driving me crazy too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I like to think the Universe is communicating to me that Washington is my destination by way of UW SOL. Can anyone explain to me how an auto-reject score is in review for 10 weeks? Isn't this a dichotomy?

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:59 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
aPosseAdEsse wrote:Goodluck to those who have heard back recently. Sounds like that was a denial batch last week?

Alright time to speculate...

Step 1: Monday: Nothing
Step 2: Tuesday: Nothing
Step 3: Wednesday: Everyone left goes blank!
Step 4: Thursday: One. More. Mysterious. Day. (???)
Step 5: Friday => Mixed batch of acceptances and waitlists trickle in! (Profit?)

aPosse, if you're speaking to me above, then yes, that's an excellent way to look at it! I wonder how many of us are still waiting to hear back as we approach the 4/1 deadline. I hope many people with better offers give up their seats so the rest of us that REALLY want to attend can have an opportunity. Good luck to all. Next week is going to be intense (unless many of us still have to wait through the 5/1 seat deposit, which I would happily wait that out).

Flaw in your logic Profits, there is no 'better offer' than a UW acceptance :wink: .

"I see, can't blame you for choosing t-14 over UW, especially in this job market. I'll probably do the same if my Dec LSAT is anywhere near my practice tests. I hear it's easier to go biglaw at a t-14 in Seattle than it is to go biglaw from UW anyways. "

Hersey said this is September. So there isn't really a flaw, is there Hersey? :wink:

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:12 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
aPosseAdEsse wrote:Goodluck to those who have heard back recently. Sounds like that was a denial batch last week?

Alright time to speculate...

Step 1: Monday: Nothing
Step 2: Tuesday: Nothing
Step 3: Wednesday: Everyone left goes blank!
Step 4: Thursday: One. More. Mysterious. Day. (???)
Step 5: Friday => Mixed batch of acceptances and waitlists trickle in! (Profit?)

aPosse, if you're speaking to me above, then yes, that's an excellent way to look at it! I wonder how many of us are still waiting to hear back as we approach the 4/1 deadline. I hope many people with better offers give up their seats so the rest of us that REALLY want to attend can have an opportunity. Good luck to all. Next week is going to be intense (unless many of us still have to wait through the 5/1 seat deposit, which I would happily wait that out).

Flaw in your logic Profits, there is no 'better offer' than a UW acceptance :wink: .

"I see, can't blame you for choosing t-14 over UW, especially in this job market. I'll probably do the same if my Dec LSAT is anywhere near my practice tests. I hear it's easier to go biglaw at a t-14 in Seattle than it is to go biglaw from UW anyways. "

Hersey said this is September. So there isn't really a flaw, is there Hersey? :wink:

Ha, you have me there. Yeah, ignore what I said previously UW adcomms if you read this, I'd take you over any other school. It was a misguided comment.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Hey Tweek, Hersey,

The only response I can get from you two relates to the bolded items here:

"aPosse, if you're speaking to me above, then yes, that's an excellent way to look at it! I wonder how many of us are still waiting to hear back as we approach the 4/1 deadline. I hope many people with better offers give up their seats so the rest of us that REALLY want to attend can have an opportunity. Good luck to all. Next week is going to be intense (unless many of us still have to wait through the 5/1 seat deposit, which I would happily wait that out)."

So Tweek can talk about his acceptance letter with tinctures of sarcasm, and Hersey can portray my response as flawed.

Yet, you can't offer a response to this:

"Can anyone explain to me how an auto-reject score is in review for 10 weeks? Isn't this a dichotomy?"

Come on guys, offer some optimism here rather than trying to show me up.

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:Hey Tweek, Hersey,

"aPosse, if you're speaking to me above, then yes, that's an excellent way to look at it! I wonder how many of us are still waiting to hear back as we approach the 4/1 deadline. I hope many people with better offers give up their seats so the rest of us that REALLY want to attend can have an opportunity. Good luck to all. Next week is going to be intense (unless many of us still have to wait through the 5/1 seat deposit, which I would happily wait that out)."

So Tweek can talk about his acceptance letter with tinctures of sarcasm, and Hersey can portray my response as flawed.

"Can anyone explain to me how an auto-reject score is in review for 10 weeks? Isn't this a dichotomy?"

I don't think anyone is trying to show you up here. I think you were misinterpreting both of those posters' responses. I don't see any sarcasm in Tweek's response, he was legitimately worried that he didn't know of some deadline. And if you have followed Hersey's posts over the last few months you should realize that UW is his #1 choice as well.

edit: Relax, still being in review after 10 weeks is definitely better than having received a rejection. No one here is rooting against you. Good luck!

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:42 pm

jcl2 wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:Hey Tweek, Hersey,

I don't think anyone is trying to show you up here. I think you were misinterpreting both of those posters' responses. I don't see any sarcasm in Tweek's response, he was legitimately worried that he didn't know of some deadline. And if you have followed Hersey's posts over the last few months you should realize that UW is his #1 choice as well.

edit: Relax, still being in review after 10 weeks is definitely better than having received a rejection. No one here is rooting against you. Good luck!

Flaw in your logic Profits, there is no 'better offer' than a UW acceptance .

Hersey said this is September. So there isn't really a flaw, is there Hersey?

Hersey's No.1 if he/she didn't do better on the lsat, and who am I, the official deadline guy? Tweek has an acceptance letter in his/her hands, and he/she is questioning what some blogger wrote?

All I'm saying is that I have been nothing but positive (for others) and pragmatic (realizing that I'm still a reject candidate), yet any response I get from anyone here is taking my post(s) out of context to make some other non-sensical argument.

I'm quite relaxed, and patient, thank you. I'm not the one calling UW every other day essentially saying, "Hurry up because I am impatient." I'm sure they appreciate the phone calls, as if they have nothing else better to do but take calls from impatient applicants.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:42 pm

My gut feeling is a positive one for all of us who still eagerly await a response from UW. If UW didn't want us, then we would be rejected by now. It's just a matter of fitting us in, since UW knows that we are actually going to accept our offers once extended.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:48 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:My gut feeling is a positive one for all of us who still eagerly await a response from UW. If UW didn't want us, then we would be rejected by now. It's just a matter of fitting us in, since UW knows that we are actually going to accept our offers once extended.

thank you, aPosse, the nicest post today, yet. And you're right, I imagine many of us would call within the first hour with credit card in hand ready to pay the seat deposit. :D

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:01 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:My gut feeling is a positive one for all of us who still eagerly await a response from UW. If UW didn't want us, then we would be rejected by now. It's just a matter of fitting us in, since UW knows that we are actually going to accept our offers once extended.

I wouldn't be so sure. I just went blank mid-last week and got my decision today-- it wasn't the best news I've received this cycle.

Good luck to those still waiting.

Annie09

Postby Annie09 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:09 pm

FYI - I just went blank.
IR 3/6

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Annie09 wrote:FYI - I just went blank.
IR 3/6

I went blank too!! So nervous. Neelio, you blank?

griffkin

Postby griffkin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
Annie09 wrote:FYI - I just went blank.
IR 3/6

I went blank too!! So nervous. Neelio, you blank?

I was not asked, but I feel compelled to relay to you all that I am NOT yet blank. I swear to God I will be the last one they send a decision to.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”