U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
beast510

Re: U Washington

Postby beast510 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Just called UW about the blank status thing. They told me my application is actually still in review, and a decision has not been made yet... That's super weird.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:45 pm

beast510 wrote:Just called UW about the blank status thing. They told me my application is actually still in review, and a decision has not been made yet... That's super weird.

hmmmmmm, i wonder if i'm the same

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:50 pm

uwb09 wrote:
beast510 wrote:Just called UW about the blank status thing. They told me my application is actually still in review, and a decision has not been made yet... That's super weird.

You never know with them though. Last time someone said going blank doesn't mean anything when it clearly does.

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Ha! Brilliant. So now even the status checkers are completely meaningless.

What happened to you, UW? You used to be so beautiful. This new look is so unbecoming.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:57 pm

This is just getting ridiculous. What's the point of a status checker if doesn't provide any accurate info? It's worse than no status checker at all!~

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:58 pm

j.wellington wrote:

Ha! Brilliant. So now even the status checkers are completely meaningless.

What happened to you, UW? You used to be so beautiful. This new look is so unbecoming.

Still my dream girl/law school.

beast510

Postby beast510 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:59 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
uwb09 wrote:

You never know with them though. Last time someone said going blank doesn't mean anything when it clearly does.

That's what I'm thinking, too. That lady who answered my phone call said "good luck" to me. Would that mean something?

erniesto

Postby erniesto » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:01 pm

beast510 wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:
uwb09 wrote:

That's what I'm thinking, too. That lady who answered my phone call said "good luck" to me. Would that mean something?

You're boned.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:19 pm

got my letter, first rejection of the cycle, i'm a sad panda :cry:

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:21 pm

uwb09 wrote:got my letter, first rejection of the cycle, i'm a sad panda :cry:

That sucks dude. I was rooting for you to get in. Good luck with the rest of your cycle though, looks like you have a few pendings to go.
Last edited by HerseyChris on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:06 pm

HerseyChris wrote:

That sucks dude. I was rooting for you to get in. Good luck with the rest of you cycle though, looks like you have a few pendings to go.

thanks, hope you can squeeze into this UW class

griffkin

Postby griffkin » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:50 pm

HerseyChris wrote:

That sucks dude. I was rooting for you to get in. Good luck with the rest of your cycle though, looks like you have a few pendings to go.

:( I was rooting hard for you too. Best of luck going forward, everything will be fine!

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:02 pm

griffkin wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

:( I was rooting hard for you too. Best of luck going forward, everything will be fine!

+!

JIsaacSmith

Postby JIsaacSmith » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 am

Just got in today!! I'm real excited about this one since I'm a UW undergrad so it'd be real cool to stay around here.

I'm stuck between here and WUSTL who offered nearly a full ride...

I need to do a lot of thinking this next week

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:03 am

JIsaacSmith wrote:Just got in today!! I'm real excited about this one since I'm a UW undergrad so it'd be real cool to stay around here.

Wow, that is a tough choice. I personally don't care about money much, and I went to WashU UG, so I'd pick UW, but a free ride is very tempting. COL in STL is also dirt cheap. GL with your decision.

legalease9

Postby legalease9 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:19 pm

JIsaacSmith wrote:Just got in today!! I'm real excited about this one since I'm a UW undergrad so it'd be real cool to stay around here.

Greetings from a fellow UW undergrad. That is a tough call. Think a LOT about where you want to end up practicing. Have you gotten UW financial aid info yet. You may want to wait for that. They don't give out a LOT of scholarships but they may have something.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:23 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:
griffkin wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

+!

thanks again all, just kinda discovered Seattle U's joint JD/Masters Sports Admin program, odds are good while I won't officially be a husky, i'll still be in the Seattle area

I do a lot of work with the UW Athletics program so i'll still be on campus quite often, hope to see some of you UW law people around in the next few years

good luck again to those still waiting, hope you get in!

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:22 pm

uwb09 wrote:thanks again all, just kinda discovered Seattle U's joint JD/Masters Sports Admin program, odds are good while I won't officially be a husky, i'll still be in the Seattle area

I do a lot of work with the UW Athletics program so i'll still be on campus quite often, hope to see some of you UW law people around in the next few years

good luck again to those still waiting, hope you get in!

That joint degree sounds pretty awesome. If you end up deciding on SU, good luck with that.

mle0918

Postby mle0918 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Rejected via snail mail today :(

KIM_SAYS:

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Yep, also rejected via snail mail. Looks like it's Seattle U. for me! I guess it'll be nice to have a change of scene from the UW campus.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:26 am

Goodluck to those who have heard back recently. Sounds like that was a denial batch last week?

Alright time to speculate...

Step 1: Monday: Nothing
Step 2: Tuesday: Nothing
Step 3: Wednesday: Everyone left goes blank!
Step 4: Thursday: One. More. Mysterious. Day. (???)
Step 5: Friday => Mixed batch of acceptances and waitlists trickle in! (Profit?)

akili

Postby akili » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:Goodluck to those who have heard back recently. Sounds like that was a denial batch last week?

Step 5: Friday => Mixed batch of acceptances and waitlists trickle in! (Profit?)

I like this idea. But that's because I'm still waiting. Please, please please!!

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:56 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:Goodluck to those who have heard back recently. Sounds like that was a denial batch last week?

aPosse, if you're speaking to me above, then yes, that's an excellent way to look at it! I wonder how many of us are still waiting to hear back as we approach the 4/1 deadline. I hope many people with better offers give up their seats so the rest of us that REALLY want to attend can have an opportunity. Good luck to all. Next week is going to be intense (unless many of us still have to wait through the 5/1 seat deposit, which I would happily wait that out).

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:03 am

ProfitsProphets wrote:

aPosse, if you're speaking to me above, then yes, that's an excellent way to look at it! I wonder how many of us are still waiting to hear back as we approach the 4/1 deadline. I hope many people with better offers give up their seats so the rest of us that REALLY want to attend can have an opportunity. Good luck to all. Next week is going to be intense (unless many of us still have to wait through the 5/1 seat deposit, which I would happily wait that out).

Flaw in your logic Profits, there is no 'better offer' than a UW acceptance :wink: .
Last edited by HerseyChris on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

akili

Postby akili » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:08 am

HerseyChris wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:

Flaw in your logic Profits, there is not 'better offer' than a UW acceptance :wink: .

Certainly true for me!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”