U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mle0918

Re: U Washington

Postby mle0918 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:39 pm

mat2013 wrote:"In Review" on 3/13/2010
Completely blank sometime this morning.
Live within 3 miles of campus.

Me too, finally! And I'm 20 miles from campus.

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:26 pm

Another day passes, and not a word. You must really think you're hot shit, don't you, UW?

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:29 pm

j.wellington wrote:Another day passes, and not a word. You must really think you're hot shit, don't you, UW?

Same for me. I try not to get frustrated, since it would be as pointless as being frustrated with a girl you're trying to convince to give you a shot at a date, but it's hard not to get frustrated. Just give me an answer.

Edit: It doesn't help that my brother and mom are always asking me if I heard back yet. Same goes for my boss. Even my boss's boss's boss's boss asked me yesterday how my school apps were.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:37 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
j.wellington wrote:Another day passes, and not a word. You must really think you're hot shit, don't you, UW?

Same for me. I try not to get frustrated, since it would be as pointless as being frustrated with a girl you're trying to convince to give you a shot at a date, but it's hard not to get frustrated. Just give me an answer.

Edit: It doesn't help that my brother and mom are always asking me if I heard back yet. Same goes for my boss. Even my boss's boss's boss's boss asked me yesterday how my school apps were.

If passion for a school the factor for getting in, you'd be a shoo-in. You are the U-Dub superfan.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:25 pm

For the people who went blank last Thursday/Friday, my letter was postmarked on 3/22, if that helps any.

eldizknee

Postby eldizknee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Last edited by eldizknee on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Thank you everyone so far who has kept this thread updated with admissions info.

For those of you who have been accepted but will likely not attend, I request kindly that you PLEASE withdraw yourself from the acceptance pool in order to accommodate those of us who still hope to squeeze in. :)

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:33 am

HerseyChris wrote:

I finally called again yesterday and let them know that I love UW, and it's my #1 choice- but on the same token I don't have money for multiple seat deposits so a timely answer would be much appreciated. The person I spoke with was very understanding and "promised" that they would have decisions out by April 1. We shall see.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am

still waiting on my decision letter

I had pretty assumed rejection until MBzags posted saying they went blank friday and got in. MBzags numbers are way better than mine, but false hope lives on

don't break my heart UW :cry:

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Neelio wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

I finally called again yesterday and let them know that I love UW, and it's my #1 choice- but on the same token I don't have money for multiple seat deposits so a timely answer would be much appreciated. The person I spoke with was very understanding and "promised" that they would have decisions out by April 1. We shall see.

Did they give any indication of what's taking so long?

I'm actually considering withdrawing my application if my status checker doesn't flicker by Friday. UW was originally my clear first choice, but this whole process has soiled my perception of the school. I applied early just so I wouldn't be crunched for a decision in the spring and had no idea I'd be waiting this long; I still don't understand why. The fact that they don't offer scholarships until after the cycle is more annoying still. I would still love to go to UW, but I've got acceptances from four peer institutions and don't know if I want to let an idle admissions committee hold my future hostage for much longer. I've got to get on with my life at some point.

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:17 pm

j.wellington wrote:
Neelio wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

I'm actually considering withdrawing my application if my status checker doesn't flicker by Friday. UW was originally my clear first choice, but this whole process has soiled my perception of the school. I applied early just so I wouldn't be crunched for a decision in the spring and had no idea I'd be waiting this long; I still don't understand why. The fact that they don't offer scholarships until after the cycle is more annoying still. I would still love to go to UW, but I've got acceptances from four peer institutions and don't know if I want to let an idle admissions committee hold my future hostage for much longer. I've got to get on with my life at some point.

What other schools are you considering? I understand your sentiment, but you have waited this long, you might as well give them until the 1st if you would consider UW over the other schools you have already been accepted to.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:20 pm

j.wellington wrote:
Neelio wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

+1 UW is my reach so I know the outcome, but my number one target is accepting people with my numbers who applied at the deadline......and yet, I am still waiting and going on four months now. But I want my life back!!!!!!!!!!!!

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:22 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

If passion for a school the factor for getting in, you'd be a shoo-in. You are the U-Dub superfan.

Thanks. TLS is bizarre in that I pretty much like everyone on this thread and hope everyone gets in, despite the fact that I realize that every person who gets in and accepts their offer means one less spot for me. GL to those who went blank last Friday and haven't heard back yet.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:06 pm

j.wellington wrote:
Neelio wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

They were pretty tight lipped about the process. I tried to ask specifics like "how does the committe review work?" But they didn't give me anything. Honestly, I understand that there may be an uptick in applications this year, but as an adcomm shouldn't you prepare for that? When I visited the campus in October, I was told that they don't even start reviewing applications until Mid-January, so I shouldn't worry about applying until then. I took that as a sign to wait. Unfortunately their advice has cost me about 2 months of my life. Not a happy camper today. I wish everybody luck and a speedy notification.

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:05 pm

When I visited the campus in October, I was told that they don't even start reviewing applications until Mid-January, so I shouldn't worry about applying until then. I took that as a sign to wait. Unfortunately their advice has cost me about 2 months of my life.

I don't think that was the problem. I applied in November and am in the same boat. What I've learned here is that while UW says they review in order of apps completed, they actually just pool them together review as they please.

j.wellington wrote:What other schools are you considering? I understand your sentiment, but you have waited this long, you might as well give them until the 1st if you would consider UW over the other schools you have already been accepted to.

I've been accepted to Colorado and IU-Bloomington with some money, UNC and Hastings with none, still waiting on Minnesota. I'm withdrawing from Hastings this week, but all the others are real considerations. An in from UW a month ago would have been the end-all, but now I'm not so sure.

I think the rub about UW is that they have all these obtuse procedures – redundant Form B, early deadline, no review until after the deadline, no ordered rolling review, late notification, late merit awards – and they don't communicate about any of it. It's kind of arrogant, like if you want in you have to just sit back and deal with it. That might be fine if this were Harvard, or if my goal since kindergarten were to go to UW Law, but right now I'm not so enamored.

God I sound whiny...

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:35 pm

UW, you may break my heart with a rejection when I get home, but you will always be my first love.

2 more hours till potentially the biggest basketball game in UW history, let's go dawgs

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Yes, yes, all the impatient people please withdraw your app. I don't think UW is arrogant, or trying to portray themselves as though they are an Ivy League simply because they are taking the necessary time to compile an entering class. People, relax, they said April 1 ALL decisions will be made, today is March 25. Trust me, I bet the biggest delay is UW waiting to hear back from all the people that have already been accepted so they can have an idea of how many seats are left from the coveted 180 available. So, in order to speed up the process for the rest of us, for those previously admitted that have no intention of attending UW, give up your seat. As you can see we are all going crazy here! :?

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:33 am

Alright UW... we've been patient. We've been looking up pictures of your beautiful city and started looking on craiglist for apartments. Now is the time for you to relieve us of our insecurities. It's Friday, March 26th. you've got 5 days. let's make it happen.

beast510

Postby beast510 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:39 am

Status checker changed to blank last Friday, but still haven't got the decision letter.

Hopefully this after I can get a chance to see that UW rejected me.

UWlawhopeful

Postby UWlawhopeful » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:05 am

I wonder if their commitment to have decisions by April 1 means that all letters will be sent? Does that mean that all status checkers will 'go blank' and have 'decision rendered' by then? Or does it mean that we will actually know our decision by April 1st?

I applied back in November and my status has been frozen at "In Review 1/21/2010" since.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:50 am

Neelio wrote:Alright UW... we've been patient. We've been looking up pictures of your beautiful city and started looking on craiglist for apartments. Now is the time for you to relieve us of our insecurities. It's Friday, March 26th. you've got 5 days. let's make it happen.

I have been thinking that there are 28 days in March until reading this post and actually checking!

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:16 pm

UWlawhopeful wrote:I wonder if their commitment to have decisions by April 1 means that all letters will be sent? Does that mean that all status checkers will 'go blank' and have 'decision rendered' by then? Or does it mean that we will actually know our decision by April 1st?

I applied back in November and my status has been frozen at "In Review 1/21/2010" since.

Me too, applied 10/1/09, by noon :mrgreen: , In Review 1/21/2010. My gut tells me this is a good sign.

mat2013

Postby mat2013 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Seeing as I went blank on Wednesday and live a scant few miles away and most likely will be receiving a rejection letter today or tomorrow, this article seems quite timely. Hopefully it gives some small comfort.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... stpop_read

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:28 pm

mat2013 wrote:Seeing as I went blank on Wednesday and live a scant few miles away and most likely will be receiving a rejection letter today or tomorrow, this article seems quite timely. Hopefully it gives some small comfort.

i went blank last friday, live a few miles away, and still haven't received anything :?

beast510

Postby beast510 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:20 pm

uwb09 wrote:
mat2013 wrote:Seeing as I went blank on Wednesday and live a scant few miles away and most likely will be receiving a rejection letter today or tomorrow, this article seems quite timely. Hopefully it gives some small comfort.

i went blank last friday, live a few miles away, and still haven't received anything :?

Me, too. That's really annoying...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”