U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
HG0506
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HG0506 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Waitlisted on the 15th. A second "decision letter" was sent on the 17th: does anyone have any idea what that is?

Most likely going to ride out the wait list; it is my first choice.

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Sweet 16! Man I love the Huskies, Q-Pon and coach Romar.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby akili » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Ahhh Sweet 16. So awesome.

tfour
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby tfour » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Still in review! One would think that, if they were going to accept me, they'd have done it by now. But I guess it's not over until it's over.

User avatar
lifeaway1985
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 am

Re: U Washington

Postby lifeaway1985 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:51 am

My status checker went blank yesterday without any mailing information updated...Anyone has any idea?

KIM_SAYS:
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 am

Re: U Washington

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:34 am

lifeaway1985 wrote:My status checker went blank yesterday without any mailing information updated...Anyone has any idea?


Mine too, without mailing info...I'm just assuming they made a decision and have already mailed them out....

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Neelio » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:16 am

today has GOT to be the day... come on UW, don't fail me now.

solana
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby solana » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:14 am

still nothing in the mail for me and i went blank last monday

Bobalou
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Bobalou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

solana wrote:still nothing in the mail for me and i went blank last monday

Where are you located?

solana
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby solana » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:55 am

Bobalou wrote:
solana wrote:still nothing in the mail for me and i went blank last monday

Where are you located?


Colorado--who knew it would take this long?

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:56 am

solana wrote:
Bobalou wrote:
solana wrote:still nothing in the mail for me and i went blank last monday

Where are you located?


Colorado--who knew it would take this long?


Some of them take a long time (7-10 days after going blank). I wonder if it's because the mail is slow, or because they make a decision, but don't actually physically mail it until a few days later?

User avatar
ozarkhack
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby ozarkhack » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:57 am

HG0506 wrote:Waitlisted on the 15th. A second "decision letter" was sent on the 17th: does anyone have any idea what that is?

Most likely going to ride out the wait list; it is my first choice.


That sucks. Hopefully you'll get a call day after deposit deadline.

Could the second letter be a WL response form? Or did that come in WL letter?

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Neelio wrote:today has GOT to be the day... come on UW, don't fail me now.


Neelio, you have too much faith. I haven't given up hope, but I no longer have any expectations. I just figure it'll go blank on April 1. Anything earlier will be gravy.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby crm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:41 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
Neelio wrote:today has GOT to be the day... come on UW, don't fail me now.


Neelio, you have too much faith. I haven't given up hope, but I no longer have any expectations. I just figure it'll go blank on April 1. Anything earlier will be gravy.


+1

fsm2000
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:34 am

Re: U Washington

Postby fsm2000 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:26 pm

My status went blank on Saturday morning and now it has gone back to in review (same date 3/4). UW is playing a Jedi mind game with me.

User avatar
algren
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:50 am

Re: U Washington

Postby algren » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm

fsm2000 wrote:My status went blank on Saturday morning and now it has gone back to in review (same date 3/4). UW is playing a Jedi mind game with me.


I was going to make a really, really nerdy star wars joke, but just caught myself.

Hope you find out soon. I went in review 3/13 (my birthday!) and am hoping for the best. I'll be a borderline candidate given this years increase in applications.

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:50 pm

algren wrote:
fsm2000 wrote:My status went blank on Saturday morning and now it has gone back to in review (same date 3/4). UW is playing a Jedi mind game with me.


I was going to make a really, really nerdy star wars joke, but just caught myself.

Hope you find out soon. I went in review 3/13 (my birthday!) and am hoping for the best. I'll be a borderline candidate given this years increase in applications.


Ha, I was going to post a Star Wars mind game picture, but couldn't find a really funny one. Good luck to you both though.

This will have to suffice for now I guess.
Image

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:59 pm

This one is also good:
Image
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher

Carrie: “So then at the end, we’re gonna be in this big forest and the Empire is gonna get beat by a bunch of over grown teddy bears.”
Mark: “LOL, what is George smoking these days!”

Bobalou
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Bobalou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Got my rejection in the mail today. I went blank last Monday and live in NYC. HTH

HerseyChris
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Bobalou wrote:Got my rejection in the mail today. I went blank last Monday and live in NYC. HTH


Sorry to hear that Bobalou. GL with Seattle U and L&C. I hope you get some good news from them.

Fecta23
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:22 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Fecta23 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Is it good that im still in review ? Been in review since 12/29. Good or bad?

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Neelio » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Fecta23 wrote:Is it good that im still in review ? Been in review since 12/29. Good or bad?


At this point, I think everyone is so confused that you are going to get mixed answers. Get a bottle of Jack, post up in front of the TV and watch some hoops for the next 8 days. You'll know by then.

User avatar
the_rad_trad
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: U Washington

Postby the_rad_trad » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Neelio wrote:
Fecta23 wrote:Is it good that im still in review ? Been in review since 12/29. Good or bad?


At this point, I think everyone is so confused that you are going to get mixed answers. Get a bottle of Jack, post up in front of the TV and watch some hoops for the next 8 days. You'll know by then.



I personally like this suggestion.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: U Washington

Postby uwb09 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:51 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:
Neelio wrote:
Fecta23 wrote:Is it good that im still in review ? Been in review since 12/29. Good or bad?


At this point, I think everyone is so confused that you are going to get mixed answers. Get a bottle of Jack, post up in front of the TV and watch some hoops for the next 8 days. You'll know by then.



I personally like this suggestion.

+1

especially since the dawgs are playing in the sweet 16 on thursday, maybe if they can make it to their first elite 8 ever, the adcomms will get so plastered they will just admit everyone thats left

hey we can hope

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: U Washington

Postby Mosca » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Fecta23 wrote:Is it good that im still in review ? Been in review since 12/29. Good or bad?

I have also been in review since 12/29, and at this point I think our odds are about 50/50. They liked us enough to keep us around for this long, but they're not sure if they want to admit us.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], oliviaj_j, rapmasterg and 9 guests