U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HerseyChris

Re: U Washington

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Shlonster wrote:
K's Logic wrote:
Shlonster wrote:WL'd 170/3.61

Bummed.

Sorry to hear that. :( Could you tell me what you have under mailings on your status checker?

Letter sent 3/15
Letter sent 3/17
Devastation delivered 3/18
Suicide 3/19

That's all it has though. Also, I'm the onnnnly yellow on LSN. COME ON.

Crap. Well there go my chances. Are you in state or out of state? Or in a T14 or UCLA or USC (for my YP theory)?
Last edited by HerseyChris on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:05 pm

K's Logic wrote:
Shlonster wrote:
K's Logic wrote:

Bummed.

Sorry to hear that. :( Could you tell me what you have under mailings on your status checker?

Letter sent 3/15
Letter sent 3/17
Suicide 3/19

Damn, that sucks and is very worrying. I have the same letter sent dates :(

Yeah not super happy about it.... not sure if I really want to ride out the waitlist.

kevin261186

Postby kevin261186 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:38 pm

waitlisted. fml

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:08 pm

kevin261186 wrote:waitlisted. fml

sounds like they are waiting to hear back from all the acceptance offers that were previously sent, you know, the people with the pretty numbers that usually withdraw due to better offers. From what I gathered, UW sent acceptances, rejections, and are now waitlisting. I would presume at least half the class is set, but the next two to four weeks will define the rest of it. For all of us still waiting, we're probably fillers, I suppose.

Best of luck to everyone.

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:17 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
Shlonster wrote:
K's Logic wrote:

Bummed.

Letter sent 3/15
Letter sent 3/17
Suicide 3/19

Crap. Well there go my chances. Are you in state or out of state? Or in a T14 or UCLA or USC (for my YP theory)?

Out of state, in at Michigan, but it's my only t-14 acceptance... lots of waitlists for me this year.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:37 am

ProfitsProphets wrote:
UWlawhopeful wrote:I have been watching this forum for the past 2 months...thank you all for the amazingly nerve-racking commentary. I am unbelievably still in the hunt for UW, I don't think I am the only one, but have below 25% LSAT and GPA. I was in review 1/21 and it has been stuck there since.

Anyone else still holding on with below 25%s?

Good Luck Everyone!

I can tell you with certainty UWlawhopeful there is a link between you and me. I went IR on 1/21 as well, and although my GPA is median to 75%, my lsat is below 25%. We must be in the "not so attractive lsat score" pile. Unfortunately, I don't know what it means other than possibly "maybe." I figured if they wanted to outright reject us, then what is the hold up? We can only remain hopeful there is a reason they are holding onto our apps. Speaking for myself, I will expect a rejection (despite my optimistic nature), and will be ecstatic otherwise.

gatorlion wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
UWlawhopeful wrote:I have been watching this forum for the past 2 months...thank you all for the amazingly nerve-racking commentary. I am unbelievably still in the hunt for UW, I don't think I am the only one, but have below 25% LSAT and GPA. I was in review 1/21 and it has been stuck there since.

Anyone else still holding on with below 25%s?

Good Luck Everyone!

I can tell you with certainty UWlawhopeful there is a link between you and me. I went IR on 1/21 as well, and although my GPA is median to 75%, my lsat is below 25%. We must be in the "not so attractive lsat score" pile. Unfortunately, I don't know what it means other than possibly "maybe." I figured if they wanted to outright reject us, then what is the hold up? We can only remain hopeful there is a reason they are holding onto our apps. Speaking for myself, I will expect a rejection (despite my optimistic nature), and will be ecstatic otherwise.

Above 75% GPA, below 25% LSAT here. Still IR 3/4.

I think we're all in the same boat. I have very similar numbers. Also dying to attend!! :)

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:02 am

Looking at the LSN graph...I get a feeling that this adcomm loves them GPAs and is more willing to forgive a submedian LSAT than a submedian GPA. Then again that could be a bunch of confirmation bias on my part.

http://washington.lawschoolnumbers.com/ ... Cycle=0910

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:25 am

PlugInBaby wrote:Looking at the LSN graph...I get a feeling that this adcomm loves them GPAs and is more willing to forgive a submedian LSAT than a submedian GPA. Then again that could be a bunch of confirmation bias on my part.

Unless I'm missunderstanding you, I have to disagree. 5 people with sub median LSAT scores have been accepted on LSN. By comparison, 15 people with subGPA scores have been accepted.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:24 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:Looking at the LSN graph...I get a feeling that this adcomm loves them GPAs and is more willing to forgive a submedian LSAT than a submedian GPA. Then again that could be a bunch of confirmation bias on my part.

Unless I'm missunderstanding you, I have to disagree. 5 people with sub median LSAT scores have been accepted on LSN. By comparison, 15 people with subGPA scores have been accepted.

Like I said it could have been conformation bias and looking at it as "thresholds" for admittance. Thus far it seems to me if you are at least 161-2/3.65-.7 area that you would have a fair shot at admitance. The GPA in that threshold is closer to the median than the LSAT...hence my assertion.

Then again making the threshold 161 rather than 162 may be more confirmation bias. :P Curse two sets of logic games and not counting the one I did better on!

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:20 am

PlugInBaby wrote:Thus far it seems to me if you are at least 161-2/3.65-.7 area that you would have a fair shot at admitance.

I'm going to agree, but only b/c those are my numbers and I have no choice but to hope that. At the same time, I'm willing to bet most of us w/those #s will endure WL limbo.

Either way, I suppose I'll find out soon. Went blank yesterday and am continuing to freek out.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:29 am

Shlonster wrote:Out of state, in at Michigan, but it's my only t-14 acceptance... lots of waitlists for me this year.

Oh well, sorry you didn't get in. With your numbers you should have. But good luck at Michigan, it has a crap ton of prestige. I'm not a Wolverine fan, but I hate the Buckeyes, so that sort of makes me a default Wolverine fan. Good luck with the wait lists.

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:37 am

Shlonster wrote:Out of state, in at Michigan, but it's my only t-14 acceptance... lots of waitlists for me this year.

Well, congrats on Michigan - and with $$ too! (did some LSN snooping.)

Just curious - if you are accepted off the UW waitlist, would you consider UW over Mich? I ask because I'm in the opposite situation, sitting on the Michigan waitlist but accepted at UW. I think I like your position better. :) Though I'm from WA originally so UW is a top choice of mine.

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:49 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:

Well, congrats on Michigan - and with $$ too! (did some LSN snooping.)

Just curious - if you are accepted off the UW waitlist, would you consider UW over Mich? I ask because I'm in the opposite situation, sitting on the Michigan waitlist but accepted at UW. I think I like your position better. :) Though I'm from WA originally so UW is a top choice of mine.

It's hard to say -- UW places great in WA and OR, so that makes it super appealing to me, but I know what you're saying... Michigan is a fantastic school... with a fantastic price. UW isn't free, but it would be cheaper and can definitely help you get places.

I really shouldn't be complaining though.....

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:20 pm

THEY FINALLY SENT THEIR DECISION THROUGH THE MAIL...

...they being Saint Louis U., which I applied to in mid February as a panic safety after the Seattle U waitlisting fiasco. In comparison I went complete at U-Dub in early December. Going to need the acceptance letter wrapped inside a big bag with a $ on it for me to go to SLU.

Getting the rather underwhelming financial aid award from Kent, I am very much convinced that its U-Dub or bust for me.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:46 pm

I went blank sometime within the past few hours.

EDIT: This is going to be close. I leave WA on Tuesday for a month, but the decision letter is coming to my address here. Hopefully, the letter comes before I leave.

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:54 pm

I've noticed in at least one case the Blankout was followed by an update under Mailings.

Are the Mailings updates happening with everybody? Or can I assume that they put my decision in the mail when yesterday, when my checker went blank?

This, I swear, is the most neurotic/ocd question I've ever asked. I mean ... Either way, I'm hearing before the end of next week ... Christ, I hate the person I've become since, oh, Sept. 26 (or whatever LSAT day was then).

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:04 pm

ozarkhack wrote:I've noticed in at least one case the Blankout was followed by an update under Mailings.

Are the Mailings updates happening with everybody? Or can I assume that they put my decision in the mail when yesterday, when my checker went blank?

This, I swear, is the most neurotic/ocd question I've ever asked. I mean ... Either way, I'm hearing before the end of next week ... Christ, I hate the person I've become since, oh, Sept. 26 (or whatever LSAT day was then).

I know you're neurotic right now, as am I, but I can't help but poke fun.
That person you've become was always inside you, he was just laying dormant inside.
Duh duh duh.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Received my waitlist today.

171/3.3, 2 yrs WE.

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:32 pm

Still in review! Why? How?

crm

Postby crm » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:33 pm

j.wellington wrote:Still in review! Why? How?

agreed. It's 1 of 3 that impacts my final decision. I want to know where I am going next year damn it.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:39 pm

crm wrote:
j.wellington wrote:Still in review! Why? How?

agreed. It's 1 of 3 that impacts my final decision. I want to know where I am going next year damn it.

Yeah, same. I applied to 2 reaches and 2 considers, but UW is pretty much where I'm set on going if I get in. I want to know if I'll be working in two months or on a vacation somewhere.
My other consider is USC, and they're even slower than UW and they're pretty much WL everyone with stats near mine, so that wait will probably be longer.

dcrlo3

Postby dcrlo3 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 pm

WL received today.. USC looking great. Blank w/ mailings on 3/15 and 3/17. Northwest is my stomping grounds and they are just killing me.. 167 3.62 no $ from Lewis and Clark and WL UW.. UIUC w/ 25k and USC in ($ not yet reported) making my decision much easier.

STPaulTennis

Postby STPaulTennis » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:43 pm

What the hell does it mean when the status checker goes blank? This has got to be the stupidest thing ever - why have a "status checker” if you are going to get rid of it when/if a decision is made?

Niki

Postby Niki » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Mine went blank today. Does this mean I have to wait for the mail? Or are there any other signals? I'm leaving the country next Friday and I'm worried about missing something in the mail right before deposits are due.

beast510

Postby beast510 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Status check went blank just now.

For those who got in, was there a "first deposit due" at the fee section?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”