U Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kevin261186

Re: U Washington

Postby kevin261186 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Bobalou wrote:
kevin261186 wrote:I live about 2 miles from the U and my decision letter was mailed yesterday. I'm currently sittnig at work until 430 shitting myself about the contents of that envlope. this is the only school I would actually think about attending.

Your status checker had a date under "mailings"?

Decision Letter 03/17/2010
App Received/Status Checker Info 01/15/2010

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:29 pm

griffkin wrote:In review since 2/22. Still no blank status checker. UW is my first choice.

I want to die.

Also in review since 2/22.

beast510

Postby beast510 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:35 pm

Neelio wrote:UW is pissing me off too... I need to make a decision here very soon. I'm not rich and can't afford to be sending in multiple seat deposits while they take their sweet ass time.

+1

eldizknee

Postby eldizknee » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Last edited by eldizknee on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:59 pm

eldizknee wrote:whooooaaaaaa status checker just went blank. in review 3/4

Me too. Like, 15 seconds ago.

Edit: IR 3/4 then 3/6.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:03 pm

still IR 2/22 :evil:

akili

Postby akili » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Every time I check, I'm not sure if I want it to be blank or not... I'm leaving on Saturday for my spring break backpacking trip. No phone, no email, and definitely no mail. Bad timing. Hahha.

Good luck to those who are!

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Still IR 3/4, no blanks

beast510

Postby beast510 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:18 pm

IR 3/8

No change at all...

UWlawhopeful

Postby UWlawhopeful » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 pm

I have been watching this forum for the past 2 months...thank you all for the amazingly nerve-racking commentary. I am unbelievably still in the hunt for UW, I don't think I am the only one, but have below 25% LSAT and GPA. I was in review 1/21 and it has been stuck there since.

Anyone else still holding on with below 25%s?

Good Luck Everyone!

daesonesb

Postby daesonesb » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Anyone admitted having a bit of trouble with the residency process?

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 pm

beast510 wrote:
Neelio wrote:UW is pissing me off too... I need to make a decision here very soon. I'm not rich and can't afford to be sending in multiple seat deposits while they take their sweet ass time.

+1

+100.

Whenever I do go blank, I'm considering calling the office to see if they'd just tell me my decision over the phone. Another 3-5 days could make a real difference this close to the deposit deadline. Think they'd go for it?

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:39 pm

j.wellington wrote:
beast510 wrote:

+1

+100.

Whenever I do go blank, I'm considering calling the office to see if they'd just tell me my decision over the phone. Another 3-5 days could make a real difference this close to the deposit deadline. Think they'd go for it?

hahaha... for some reason i doubt it. but hey, let me know how it works out.

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:59 pm

daesonesb wrote:Anyone admitted having a bit of trouble with the residency process?

Are they requiring you to fill out the residency questionnaire (or whatever it is) and go through that whole process because "your application did not automatically qualify you as a resident for tuition purposes?" I was shocked that they required me to do that after being automatically considered a resident last year; I didn't even submit a new application this year I just deferred my admission. Turns out that because I deferred and they didn't have a new application, they couldn't verify that I remained in the state for the last year. That is silly for a variety of reasons that I won't get into, but I did eventually get in touch with the director of the residency classification office and got him to evaluate my file early, rather than through a 4-6 week process not beginning until April, and was determined to be a resident.

daesonesb

Postby daesonesb » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:14 pm

jcl2 wrote:
daesonesb wrote:Anyone admitted having a bit of trouble with the residency process?

Are they requiring you to fill out the residency questionnaire (or whatever it is) and go through that whole process because "your application did not automatically qualify you as a resident for tuition purposes?" I was shocked that they required me to do that after being automatically considered a resident last year; I didn't even submit a new application this year I just deferred my admission. Turns out that because I deferred and they didn't have a new application, they couldn't verify that I remained in the state for the last year. That is silly for a variety of reasons that I won't get into, but I did eventually get in touch with the director of the residency classification office and got him to evaluate my file early, rather than through a 4-6 week process not beginning until April, and was determined to be a resident.

Similar to my situation.

I'm in school in Canada, so they want to know that I'm still a WA permanent resident. The issue that might arise is that schools in Canada give you cheap tuition if you are a Canadian Citizen. No worries about residency, I could live outside of Canada for years and decide to go and get the cheap rates (that's why so many dual citizens go there for college).

So I technically have to say I paid "In State" at another school. This wont keep me from being a WA educational resident I dont think, though, because I've maintained only a WA drivers license, and always called my permanent residence WA. The residence office guy agreed with me, and said to write a cover letter explaining my situation. He said the main concern was for people going somewhere else in the States.

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:39 pm

daesonesb wrote:
jcl2 wrote:

Similar to my situation.

I'm in school in Canada, so they want to know that I'm still a WA permanent resident. The issue that might arise is that schools in Canada give you cheap tuition if you are a Canadian Citizen. No worries about residency, I could live outside of Canada for years and decide to go and get the cheap rates (that's why so many dual citizens go there for college).

So I technically have to say I paid "In State" at another school. This wont keep me from being a WA educational resident I dont think, though, because I've maintained only a WA drivers license, and always called my permanent residence WA. The residence office guy agreed with me, and said to write a cover letter explaining my situation. He said the main concern was for people going somewhere else in the States.

Sounds like it probably won't be an issue. I don't see why you have to say you payed "in-state" at another school, you didn't, you just payed the Canadian Citizen rate, which has nothing to do with residency. But go with the advice of the guy at the residence office not mine. Good luck, I bet it will work out.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:47 pm

UWlawhopeful wrote:I have been watching this forum for the past 2 months...thank you all for the amazingly nerve-racking commentary. I am unbelievably still in the hunt for UW, I don't think I am the only one, but have below 25% LSAT and GPA. I was in review 1/21 and it has been stuck there since.

Good Luck Everyone!

I can tell you with certainty UWlawhopeful there is a link between you and me. I went IR on 1/21 as well, and although my GPA is median to 75%, my lsat is below 25%. We must be in the "not so attractive lsat score" pile. Unfortunately, I don't know what it means other than possibly "maybe." I figured if they wanted to outright reject us, then what is the hold up? We can only remain hopeful there is a reason they are holding onto our apps. Speaking for myself, I will expect a rejection (despite my optimistic nature), and will be ecstatic otherwise.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:11 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
UWlawhopeful wrote:I have been watching this forum for the past 2 months...thank you all for the amazingly nerve-racking commentary. I am unbelievably still in the hunt for UW, I don't think I am the only one, but have below 25% LSAT and GPA. I was in review 1/21 and it has been stuck there since.

Good Luck Everyone!

I can tell you with certainty UWlawhopeful there is a link between you and me. I went IR on 1/21 as well, and although my GPA is median to 75%, my lsat is below 25%. We must be in the "not so attractive lsat score" pile. Unfortunately, I don't know what it means other than possibly "maybe." I figured if they wanted to outright reject us, then what is the hold up? We can only remain hopeful there is a reason they are holding onto our apps. Speaking for myself, I will expect a rejection (despite my optimistic nature), and will be ecstatic otherwise.

Above 75% GPA, below 25% LSAT here. Still IR 3/4.

ktalene

Postby ktalene » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:03 pm

ozarkhack wrote:
eldizknee wrote:whooooaaaaaa status checker just went blank. in review 3/4

Me too. Like, 15 seconds ago.

Edit: IR 3/4 then 3/6.

Anything under mailings? mine too.

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Last edited by Shlonster on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K's Logic

Postby K's Logic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Shlonster wrote:WL'd 170/3.61

Bummed.

Sorry to hear that. :( Could you tell me what you have under mailings on your status checker?

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:47 pm

K's Logic wrote:

Bummed.

Sorry to hear that. :( Could you tell me what you have under mailings on your status checker?

Letter sent 3/15
Letter sent 3/17
Devastation delivered 3/18
Suicide 3/19

That's all it has though. Also, I'm the onnnnly yellow on LSN. COME ON.

akili

Postby akili » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Bummed.

Ugh that blows. LOCI the crap out of them.

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Shlonster wrote:
K's Logic wrote:

Bummed.

Letter sent 3/15
Letter sent 3/17
Suicide 3/19

This worries me. I fear that they've filled their class and now they're partitioning the remaining applicants into waitlists and rejections. Even if I'm on a waitlist I don't think I can justify riding it out.

K's Logic

Postby K's Logic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Shlonster wrote:
K's Logic wrote:

Bummed.

Letter sent 3/15
Letter sent 3/17
Suicide 3/19

Last edited by K's Logic on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”