U Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
akili

Gold

Re: U Washington

Post by akili » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Having my mom call because I'm in class...

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 pm

akili wrote:Having my mom call because I'm in class...
OMG nerveracking (yet kinda adorable). I wish you so much luck! Let's have a victory for the Bonklers!

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:50 pm

For those who called and were rejected, did you have any mailings listed? Still trying to figure out if there is any correlation here...

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:51 pm

My mom called (as me) and was told they don't give out decisions over the phone. The decision is on it's way to me in Spokane. Is this a good sign?!

kayskay

New

Post by kayskay » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Accepted as of 3/30 via snail mail! This feels good, I've been striking out a little bit lately.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Perhaps more to the point, did anyone who went blank today get accepted?

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Neelio wrote:rejected... it was a rough one.
That sucks, sorry Neelio. I thought for sure you would be in...shocked.

Are you headed to Davis then?

sophistry

Bronze

Post by sophistry » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:03 pm

gatorlion wrote:For those who called and were rejected, did you have any mailings listed? Still trying to figure out if there is any correlation here...
No, no mailings listed (besides the original 'app received' one).

I wish I knew what they were looking for this cycle. I have two LSAT scores, so that may have been the reason for my ding. That being said, I figured I'd at least get a WL. What a day...

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:04 pm

sophistry wrote:
gatorlion wrote:For those who called and were rejected, did you have any mailings listed? Still trying to figure out if there is any correlation here...
No, no mailings listed (besides the original 'app received' one).

I wish I knew what they were looking for this cycle. I have two LSAT scores, so that may have been the reason for my ding. That being said, I figured I'd at least get a WL. What a day...
I really hope mailings mean you are in or at least waitlisted...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:04 pm

jcl2 wrote:

Well.. now that UW is a complete rejection, I am going to send my deposit in to Davis. But I also hope to do some work- an extra essay or two, and some more LOR's - to get off the WL at Berkeley, USC, or Georgetown. It's worth a shot. The heartbreaking part of this is that my girlfriend is in at the business school at UW- deposit sent and all. So we'll see how long distance works. I was counting on UW- would have made my life much, much easier.

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:08 pm

Neelio wrote:
jcl2 wrote:

Well.. now that UW is a complete rejection, I am going to send my deposit in to Davis. But I also hope to do some work- an extra essay or two, and some more LOR's - to get off the WL at Berkeley, USC, or Georgetown. It's worth a shot. The heartbreaking part of this is that my girlfriend is in at the business school at UW- deposit sent and all. So we'll see how long distance works. I was counting on UW- would have made my life much, much easier.
Man, that is just awful, with the girlfriend and all. Good luck with those waitlists though, I bet you have a good shot at getting off of at least one of them.

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Neelio wrote:
jcl2 wrote:

Well good luck then. I sincerely hope you get off the WL at one of the three. Hopefully this turns into a positive.

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:11 pm

most definitely... sometimes blessings come in disguise. too bad i'm not a religious guy haha. Anyway, good luck to you all and I hope UW treats you right.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sophistry

Bronze

Post by sophistry » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:11 pm

jcl2 wrote:
Neelio wrote:
jcl2 wrote:

Man, that is just awful, with the girlfriend and all. Good luck with those waitlists though, I bet you have a good shot at getting off of at least one of them.
So sorry, Neelio. You could always try to transfer from Davis next year! The first year between you two would be tough anyway, with the workloads and all.

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Neelio wrote:
jcl2 wrote:

Waitlisted at Berkeley and rejected by UW? These guys really are picky.

I'm resisting the urge to call or e-mail. Wonder how long it takes a letter to get from Seattle to New York...

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:12 pm

kayskay wrote:Accepted as of 3/30 via snail mail! This feels good, I've been striking out a little bit lately.
Congrats!

sophistry

Bronze

Post by sophistry » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:16 pm

j.wellington wrote:
Waitlisted at Berkeley and rejected by UW? These guys really are picky.

I'm resisting the urge to call or e-mail. Wonder how long it takes a letter to get from Seattle to New York...
Too long. I'm in Brooklyn, so I called. As I said above, I told them I had a deposit due at another school next week and they emailed it to me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:34 pm

JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM WASHINGTON!!!!

Your amazon.com order has been shippped :P

Any bets on what comes first to Chicago...the U-Dub letter or the LSAT prep materials?

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:38 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM WASHINGTON!!!!

Your amazon.com order has been shippped :P

Any bets on what comes first to Chicago...the U-Dub letter or the LSAT prep materials?
I'm betting Washington, unless you're an Amazon prime user.

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:47 pm

anyone else call?

fairly tempting

seameg

New

Post by seameg » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:08 pm

IR 3/20. Status went blank today. Called, and told my letter was mailed today & they won't tell me what it said over the phone. The call ended with an ominous "good luck" from the admit staff. I could barf.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sball

New

Post by sball » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:23 pm

seameg wrote:IR 3/20. Status went blank today. Called, and told my letter was mailed today & they won't tell me what it said over the phone. The call ended with an ominous "good luck" from the admit staff. I could barf.
yea i pretty much got the same thing. was yours a guy? i'm wondering if this whole not tellin peeps thing is a sign or if it depends on who picks up the phone lol....ack

taytay

New

Post by taytay » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:49 pm

got dinged. 163 3.58. they sent me a scanned image of the letter which was nice of them. i'm in canada so the mail can take awhile from the states

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:58 pm

sball wrote:
seameg wrote:IR 3/20. Status went blank today. Called, and told my letter was mailed today & they won't tell me what it said over the phone. The call ended with an ominous "good luck" from the admit staff. I could barf.
yea i pretty much got the same thing. was yours a guy? i'm wondering if this whole not tellin peeps thing is a sign or if it depends on who picks up the phone your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable....ack
Yeah I got the same exact thing as well. I hope it means a positive thing...but who knows...

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:30 pm

UWlawhopeful wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:I went blank sometime this evening. At least I can say I was IR for 10 weeks at UW, which is much longer than any other school I applied. I really hope my decision letter feels thicker than a page (before I open it), because we all know, if there are two pages, I'm IN.

But I also realize that my score may be the kicker this cycle, which means study hard and retake the test. Maybe I'll join class of 2013, or maybe I will have to postpone another year. Best of luck to all and it's been a fun ride.

Peace,
Profits
Profits - Good luck to you my IR 1/21 buddie - we waited out long enough for a decision, and its funny but I'm sure we'd both be happy waiting even longer if necessary.
Good luck to you too. I would wait for as long as they want me to, honestly. But the moment of truth has finally arrived, now I wait a few more days.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”