U Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Re: U Washington

Post by ProfitsProphets » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:58 pm

seattlite wrote:Just received my rejection letter in the mail. Blank on Wednesday, letter dated Thursday (April 1st). Really, really disappointed and sad....crying right now. :(

In-state, 162 LSAT, 3.5 GPA, extensive and relevant work-experience.

Best of luck to the rest of you.
Sorry to hear this news. I know how you feel, I have yet to receive any positive news from my cycle. Hopefully you have some choices to pick from this fall. Best of luck to you, and keep your head up. :roll:

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:01 pm

j.wellington wrote:
seattlite wrote:Just received my rejection letter in the mail. Blank on Wednesday, letter dated Thursday (April 1st). Really, really disappointed and sad....crying right now. :(

I'm really sorry. It's a bit heartbreaking to see all these people who want it so badly get bad news.

I don't understand why they would wait until the very last day to outright reject someone. If an application didn't even warrant a waitlist you would think they could arrive at that conclusion a little sooner. It may sound like sour grapes since I'm probably waiting on a rejection letter, but I'm actually happy now that I won't be going here. This process has been eye-opening.
I concur, especially in my case. I have a auto-reject lsat score, yet I was held IR until the end of the cycle, 10 weeks total, so a rejection on my part would be brutal because they could have told me months ago.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:07 pm

My status went blank sometime in the past couple days. Will update you when I receive my decision letter.

Fecta23

New

Post by Fecta23 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:25 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
Fecta23 wrote:Ill ask again, what do people here think the odds of getting off the wait list are ? UW is far and away my number one school and will do anything to help my chances.
According to LSN, several past applicants went WL----->Acceptance as late as June. Send LOCI if you haven't already sent one, and communicate why you are a great fit to UW. Good luck, and congrats on the WL.

here is my dumb question of the day.....what does LOCI mean ?

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Letter of Continued Interest, sent to the school to increase the applicant's chance of being accepted off the waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sball

New

Post by sball » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Damn I'm sorry :( I have pretty much the same lsat/gpa and i'm out of state...so I'll prob be rejected (still haven't received my letter even tho I went blank on Tuesday)

UWlawhopeful

New

Post by UWlawhopeful » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:37 pm

Wow - I haven't seen any sign of my decision letter in the mail...I called and said that they sent it out Wednesday! I know snail mail has its name for a reason, but sheesh. Anyone else still waiting to get their letter with a Wednesday blank?

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:40 am

Fecta23 wrote:Ill ask again, what do people here think the odds of getting off the wait list are ? UW is far and away my number one school and will do anything to help my chances.
The waitlist is relatively small, so I think there is some chance. As Profits said, send a LOCI. Good luck.

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:44 am

UWlawhopeful wrote:Wow - I haven't seen any sign of my decision letter in the mail...I called and said that they sent it out Wednesday! I know snail mail has its name for a reason, but sheesh. Anyone else still waiting to get their letter with a Wednesday blank?
I'm still waiting on mine, and I live in SoCal.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:32 am

cardinalandgold wrote:
UWlawhopeful wrote:Wow - I haven't seen any sign of my decision letter in the mail...I called and said that they sent it out Wednesday! I know snail mail has its name for a reason, but sheesh. Anyone else still waiting to get their letter with a Wednesday blank?
I'm still waiting on mine, and I live in SoCal.
Today may be the big day. I'm nervous as heck. If they sent out letters last Weds., then today should be the delivery day for those letters. I live in the Bay Area. My fingers are crossed and my hopes are high for all of us. I have a feeling this board will be busy come this afternoon. 8)

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Man, I was out of town this weekend at a frisbee tournament and missed a whole page!

Good luck everyone! I'm hoping to get my letter today too. Regardless of the decision, yall have been such a great support system! Thanks so much for everything!

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:19 pm

akili wrote:Man, I was out of town this weekend at a frisbee tournament and missed a whole page!

Good luck everyone! I'm hoping to get my letter today too. Regardless of the decision, yall have been such a great support system! Thanks so much for everything!
Ditto to the second part. Many of you have been great, motivating, and encouraging. Shall we get a sign-up sheet going for test retakes (that's the humble part of me speaking)?

On a side note, someone said previously that they thought there was a 50/50 chance of getting in. I found this amusing because, outside of WL, the answer would either be yes or no, which is 50/50. I thought, duh, all of our chances are 50/50, with the exception of WL.

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:21 pm

akili wrote:Man, I was out of town this weekend at a frisbee tournament and missed a whole page!

You play Ultimate Frisbee? Now I'm rooting for you even more then.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

seattlite

New

Post by seattlite » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:03 pm

I hope you all get good news from UW today! :)

I am still sad that I got rejected from UW :cry: , but I thank you for all your support and agree with your comments :wink: ...that it just wasn't meant to be at UW and that this cycle has been all over the place. I decided I needed to take a bit of a break from TLS after receiving my heartbreaking UW rejection on Saturday so that is why I did not respond to your comments earlier everyone. I hope you had a nice weekend...I decided to try to decompress and organize my house.

As for me, I have some pretty good choices. I am on 4 waitlists at schools ranked better than or equal to UW, and I am in at Seattle U and some other equivalent schools with scholarships. I don't know if I will be retaking the LSAT yet.

If I don't get into schools off the waitlists, I will probably be at Seattle U next year. I have been very impressed with Seattle U (the faculty, the classes, the students, the career prospects of students / alumni, the facility, the legal writing program, how happy the students are who go there....even the ones not guiding you around on the tours), and I think that Seattle U is definitely a school on the rise (esp. (1) when they open the new building this Fall - I think it is a library - which will add sq. ft / student and, ergo, will probably help to bolster USN&WR ranking; (2) when they get their new Dean from American U; and (3) if they continue - as they have in the last couple of years - to hire faculty with uber-impressive records...like working at top schools like Stanford and clerking for Supreme Court Justices like Sandra Dee O'Connor). Seattle U also has a huge amount of prestige (even lay prestige) in the Seattle area...I was talking to friends and random other people this weekend in Seattle and I said I will probably be at Seattle U next year and they uniformly said, "That is a really good school". Anyway, I guess this comes from the fact that most people know at least 1 Seattle U Law Grad, and they are all doing well (working at firms - whether they be small, medium, or large firms, in the DA's office, in the AG's office, etc).

Anyway, once again, thank you all for your support during this very rough time! It has meant a lot to me. Maybe I will be in classes with some of you at Seattle U or at one of the schools that I am waitlisted at. :P

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Blank on Tuesday, mail came today and still no letter. This is just annoying.

steven3579

New

Post by steven3579 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:51 pm

j.wellington wrote:Blank on Tuesday, mail came today and still no letter. This is just annoying.
+1

taw856

Bronze

Post by taw856 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:02 pm

And I'm out. (Went blank Wednesday.)

Good luck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 pm

What PlugInBaby got in the mail today.....

Kaplan LSAT Mastery Practice
JCPenney's Coupon
Coupons for Nearby Strip Mall

What PlugInBaby did not get in the mail today...

U-Dub's WL/Ding Letter
LSAT Prep Materials From Amazon

Your guess is still safe HerseyChris.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:22 pm

I got dinged today. I thought I would be really bummed but I'm actually pretty excited for whatever next year holds. I don't know if I will retake the LSAT or what I will do. It'll be good though. Thanks for everything!

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:28 pm

akili wrote:I got dinged today. I thought I would be really bummed but I'm actually pretty excited for whatever next year holds. I don't know if I will retake the LSAT or what I will do. It'll be good though. Thanks for everything!
Sorry to hear the news! I am glad you are bouncing back from it so well. Good luck in whatever you decide to do! Perhaps we may have another year of DRAMA together :P

MD/JD2B

Bronze

Post by MD/JD2B » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Accepted, but let them know I'm not attending. Back to California for me. Sincerely, good luck to those of you waiting.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

seattlite

New

Post by seattlite » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:55 pm

akili wrote:I got dinged today. I thought I would be really bummed but I'm actually pretty excited for whatever next year holds. I don't know if I will retake the LSAT or what I will do. It'll be good though. Thanks for everything!
Sorry, akili! :( I definitely know how you feel, but I am glad that you are taking it so well (it sounds like you are taking the news better than I did).

Anyway, best of luck to you next year! You sound like me...I have no idea what I will be doing or where I will be living next year. :roll: I guess there is some fun in just waiting / seeing what happens and is meant to be (at least that is what I keep telling myself). :P

seattlite

New

Post by seattlite » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:57 pm

MD/JD2B wrote:Accepted, but let them know I'm not attending. Back to California for me. Sincerely, good luck to those of you waiting.
Congrats on the acceptance! I hope you have fun at Hastings...it sounds like the world will be your oyster as an MD and JD. :wink:

sball

New

Post by sball » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:01 pm

sigh just got my rejection letter...went blank tuesday tho oddly enough my letter is dated march 22? ...guess they wanted to wait to let me down? this hurts bcs i love the school and now i'm not gona be in the same state as my SO (i stupidly didn't apply to seattle u...hindsight is seriously 20/20). gluck to everyone else tho!

steven3579

New

Post by steven3579 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:03 pm

sball wrote:sigh just got my rejection letter...went blank tuesday tho oddly enough my letter is dated march 22? ...guess they wanted to wait to let me down? this hurts bcs i love the school and now i'm not gona be in the same state as my SO (i stupidly didn't apply to seattle u...hindsight is seriously 20/20). gluck to everyone else tho!
Apply anyways!! If you're numbers are strong enough they will still evaluate your file.

Edit: Just look at your stats and I got into SeattleU with similar numbers.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”