U Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
amputatedbrain

Bronze

Re: U Washington

Post by amputatedbrain » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Got the acceptance letter today in the mail! Status checker still says in review, and I had the decision letter mailed notation appear and then disappear, so who knows what's going on. . . but acceptances are definitely going out. I live really close to UW, so it must have been mailed within the last day or so.

aimhigh09

Bronze

Post by aimhigh09 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:56 pm

amputatedbrain wrote:Got the acceptance letter today in the mail! Status checker still says in review, and I had the decision letter mailed notation appear and then disappear, so who knows what's going on. . . but acceptances are definitely going out. I live really close to UW, so it must have been mailed within the last day or so.
Really?! So weird that the admissions office told me no letters had yet been sent out... why would they bother to say that if some had? Maybe not everyone who got that update has a letter in the mail. Do you think the decision letter is reliable then?

aimhigh09

Bronze

Post by aimhigh09 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:56 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:
amputatedbrain wrote:Got the acceptance letter today in the mail! Status checker still says in review, and I had the decision letter mailed notation appear and then disappear, so who knows what's going on. . . but acceptances are definitely going out. I live really close to UW, so it must have been mailed within the last day or so.
Really?! So weird that the admissions office told me no letters had yet been sent out... why would they bother to say that if some had? Maybe not everyone who got that update has a letter in the mail. Do you think the decision letter is reliable then?
And congrats by the way!! =)

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:05 pm

I live close enough to UW that they could have mailed it yesterday and I got it today, so that might explain it. Other than that I don't know, but the admit letter seems legit, can't imagine that this some sort of mind-fuck . . . would imagine the odds are much better the admissions office is just overwhelmed and/or disorganized.

Chicklets

New

Post by Chicklets » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:19 pm

gatorlion wrote:
Chicklets wrote:In at UW snail mail today!
Not a reach school for me, but in state, so a consideration.
Numbers?
169/3.8
On a clear day I can almost see Husky stadium
Applied right at the opening bell 10/1/09

Good luck everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rachery

New

Post by rachery » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:14 am

Congrats!! I'm hoping this is good news for other people like me who had the decision letter mailing!

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Yay! Got the acceptance in the mail today as well. Looks like the vanishing "decision mailed" notice on the status checker was legit after all.

Uber excited!

Anyone know when scholarship info is sent out? The letter didn't mention it at all.

UrbanAchievers

Bronze

Post by UrbanAchievers » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:58 pm

ccs224 wrote:Yay! Got the acceptance in the mail today as well. Looks like the vanishing "decision mailed" notice on the status checker was legit after all.

Uber excited!

Anyone know when scholarship info is sent out? The letter didn't mention it at all.
Last edited by UrbanAchievers on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:58 pm

ccs224 wrote:Yay! Got the acceptance in the mail today as well. Looks like the vanishing "decision mailed" notice on the status checker was legit after all.

Uber excited!

Congrats. GL with Berkeley too.
As for scholarship info, I thought UW rarely provided scholarships since it's only $20k in-state $30k out of state (though perhaps they offer in-state tuition for some people).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:13 pm

UrbanAchievers wrote: Congrats! I have heard that UW does not issue many merit-based scholarships. Anyone care to confirm or deny?
HerseyChris wrote:Congrats. GL with Berkeley too.
As for scholarship info, I thought UW rarely provided scholarships since it's only $20k in-state $30k out of state (though perhaps they offer in-state tuition for some people).
Thanks! Yeah, I suppose I knew that already - though I may still hold out some hope for one of the few merit scholarships. I also realized, quite embarrassingly after opening up the letter, that I had missed the deadline for the Gates Scholarship application - not so smooth. Oh well! Still excited about UW!
rachery wrote: Congrats!! I'm hoping this is good news for other people like me who had the decision letter mailing!
I would be surprised if it wasn't! Looks like we're the first batch out, and it seems like they're all going to be acceptances.

aimhigh09

Bronze

Post by aimhigh09 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:04 pm

In at UW today via snail mail! Soooo excited right now!!!!

Applied 10/30, complete 11/2, in review 12/4.

My status still says In Review and I had the decision letter appear last week and disappear again... but the letter sure looks real, signed by Dean Testy and everything... :D So can I relax now?!

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:05 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:In at UW today via snail mail! Soooo excited right now!!!!

My status still says In Review and I had the decision letter appear last week and disappear again... but the letter sure looks real, signed by Dean Testy and everything... :D So can I relax now?!
Congrats! I don't know if it's your first choice, but I know it's really high up on your list.

rachery

New

Post by rachery » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Just got my admission letter! I'm soooooo soooo soooo excited!!!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

aimhigh09

Bronze

Post by aimhigh09 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:27 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
aimhigh09 wrote:In at UW today via snail mail! Soooo excited right now!!!!

Congrats! I don't know if it's your first choice, but I know it's really high up on your list.
Thanks!! :) It is definitely a top choice. I'm from the Seattle area originally and would love to move back someday. Pretty much the only school that could pull me from UW is UC Berkeley, and I'm going to faculty review there, so I'd say at this point I'm 90% sure I'll be at UW next fall. We'll see though!

Good luck to you and everyone else who is still waiting.

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:51 pm

rachery wrote:Just got my admission letter! I'm soooooo soooo soooo excited!!!!!
Congrats to you too! It's weird how excited I can get for people I don't even know irl.

Chicklets

New

Post by Chicklets » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:56 am

aimhigh09 wrote:I :D So can I relax now?!
I don't know, didn't you say that no decisions had been mailed out yet? :lol:

And congratulations by the way!!!

Lomax

Bronze

Post by Lomax » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:05 am

amputatedbrain wrote:Got the acceptance letter today in the mail! Status checker still says in review, and I had the decision letter mailed notation appear and then disappear, so who knows what's going on. . . but acceptances are definitely going out.
Same here. Letter-sized envelope, two-page letter, that's it. No scholarship offers. It all seems so bare bones... I'll probably withdraw, given the cost of tuition and my lack of enthusiasm for being in a coldish place like Washington versus a warm and sunny place like Florida. But there is a lot to like about UW and Seattle, so maybe I won't.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tfour

New

Post by tfour » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Congrats to everyone who's heard back so far! My second LOR came in really close to the deadline (less than a week; I was a nervous wreck that it wasn't going to make it at all...), so it's probably going to be a long time before I hear back. :|

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 pm

Congrats to everyone who is in! Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you in the fall. When you decide for certain check out the UW class of 2013, here is the link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 25&t=83767

aimhigh09

Bronze

Post by aimhigh09 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Chicklets wrote:
aimhigh09 wrote:I :D So can I relax now?!
I don't know, didn't you say that no decisions had been mailed out yet? :lol:

And congratulations by the way!!!
Haha. Just to ease my mind, my status checker now says "Decision delivered via US Mail" as of 1/20/10. No bogus decision letter here. Phew. =)

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:37 pm

My status checker just updated to "In Review" 01/21/10.

I hope this is good news.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lhg587

New

Post by lhg587 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:40 pm

when did you go complete? did it have an "in review" date before?

colforbin

Bronze

Post by colforbin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm still "Ready for Review" with a status date of 12/29/09. So I've still got a decent wait, right?

Billy Batts

Silver

Post by Billy Batts » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:43 pm

kalvano wrote:My status checker just updated to "In Review" 01/21/10.

I hope this is good news.
"In review" since 12/29.

lhg587

New

Post by lhg587 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 pm

i think so... i've been in review since 12/29

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”