U Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
barrydukakis

Bronze

Re: U Washington

Post by barrydukakis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 pm

It can take a very long time to get your decision. I am in Eastern Washington, and I had my decision rendered prior to this blank status check business, and it took almost two weeks to make it. I think the decision is rendered, then it takes a couple days for the decision to be printed, then another day or two for it to be mailed... so I wouldn't get super antsy if you think a decision has been rendered.

oregoniangal

New

Post by oregoniangal » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Is anyone going to the Open House tomorrow night? I'm planning on driving up from PDX! I want to go to the AS event later on, but I need to get back to some other schools before then.

Also, I submitted my app in Nov, Form B made it in by early Dec, I was in review on like 2/5, then my status checker went blank last Thursday, this Monday I got the letter that said I had been admitted.

Good luck to everyone.

apurkey

New

Post by apurkey » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:37 pm

So when LSAC compiles a students application, do they include the actual transcripts in what they send to the school? I have a somewhat nontraditional major for applying to law school and I just wondered how much they take this into account. I see everyone pointing towards a holistic review of applications, let's hope this is the case.

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:When did the blank screeners go complete? I went complete in early December, in review on 2/5, and have never gotten the blank screen. My numbers are in that outside looking in range and I wonder if they are just taking a long hard look at everything.
Honestly, I think they are taking a long hard look (holistic) approach for this class. I can only speak anecdotally, but I have been in review since 1/21 (still there) and as someone mentioned earlier, my lsat score would fall into the "auto-reject" pile; however, the rest of my app has it all: grades, perseverance, overcoming obstacles, URM, etc., etc. So, all I can do is remain hopeful considering that I haven't already received a ding. IMO, it doesn't take that long to say no, so hopefully it means YES!!!!!!! But, I'm also practical so retaking the test and applying again next year may be in the stars.
That is exactly what I am hoping for and was thinking. Let's hope there is room for three affable sociology major scores with killer GPAs and so-so LSATs (me, you, and akili).
I really do hope there is room for us. We would make the class that much more interesting. I mean, how many applicants can say they risen to the top in the face of unfavorable odds? And, my daughter is an honor student in high school (freshman), despite my coming from a broken home. That's dedication!

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:47 pm

oregoniangal wrote:Is anyone going to the Open House tomorrow night? I'm planning on driving up from PDX! I want to go to the AS event later on, but I need to get back to some other schools before then.

Also, I submitted my app in Nov, Form B made it in by early Dec, I was in review on like 2/5, then my status checker went blank last Thursday, this Monday I got the letter that said I had been admitted.

Good luck to everyone.
you went in review 02/05? shittt... i went IR 02/03, and they do rolling admissions. I think I'm headed for the WL.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:03 pm

I went review 2/2

expecting to get rejected, surprised i've made it this long honestly :lol:

i'm keeping up hope that the fact I went to UW undergrad and that i have some non-profit work experience will let me slip through the cracks in a good way

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:09 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:When did the blank screeners go complete? I went complete in early December, in review on 2/5, and have never gotten the blank screen. My numbers are in that outside looking in range and I wonder if they are just taking a long hard look at everything.
Honestly, I think they are taking a long hard look (holistic) approach for this class. I can only speak anecdotally, but I have been in review since 1/21 (still there) and as someone mentioned earlier, my lsat score would fall into the "auto-reject" pile; however, the rest of my app has it all: grades, perseverance, overcoming obstacles, URM, etc., etc. So, all I can do is remain hopeful considering that I haven't already received a ding. IMO, it doesn't take that long to say no, so hopefully it means YES!!!!!!! But, I'm also practical so retaking the test and applying again next year may be in the stars.
That is exactly what I am hoping for and was thinking. Let's hope there is room for three affable sociology major scores with killer GPAs and so-so LSATs (me, you, and akili).
I really do hope there is room for us. We would make the class that much more interesting. I mean, how many applicants can say they risen to the top in the face of unfavorable odds? And, my daughter is an honor student in high school (freshman), despite my coming from a broken home. That's dedication!
And if you artfully conveyed all of that in the tight confines of 700 words or less, you certainly deserve some serious consideration!
Neelio wrote:
oregoniangal wrote:Is anyone going to the Open House tomorrow night? I'm planning on driving up from PDX! I want to go to the AS event later on, but I need to get back to some other schools before then.

Good luck to everyone.
you went in review 02/05? shittt... i went IR 02/03, and they do rolling admissions. I think I'm headed for the WL.
I may be wrong, but I think U-Dub RARELY waitlists, it's usually a straight admit or ding.

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

you went in review 02/05? shittt... i went IR 02/03, and they do rolling admissions. I think I'm headed for the WL.[/quote]

I may be wrong, but I think U-Dub RARELY waitlists, it's usually a straight admit or ding.[/quote]

double shit

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Neelio wrote:you went in review 02/05? shittt... i went IR 02/03, and they do rolling admissions. I think I'm headed for the WL.
I may be wrong, but I think U-Dub RARELY waitlists, it's usually a straight admit or ding.[/quote]

double shit[/quote]

I wouldn't try to hard to figure things out based on when you went under review, I doubt they are that methodical. And UW did supposedly waitlist 150 people last year.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:29 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
We would make the class awesome! I hope we all get it :)

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:35 pm

ding

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 pm

sarlis wrote:ding
Sorry dude.

Off-topic, but do you have a PNW connection? Between here and the Ohio schools, I'm just intrigued that there's someone else applying to some of the same places as me.

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Like I said, UW is very weird and and hard to predict.
Yeah, and I can appreciate that. A school that looks at potential students as individuals rather than numbers is respectable. The admissions process seems kind of quirky, but I suppose that's their prerogative.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm

akili wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:
We would make the class awesome! I hope we all get it :)
If me, you and plugin make it, that would be super cool. If that is the case, we can seek each other out when class begins! Then it's onward and upward...

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm

j.wellington wrote:
Like I said, UW is very weird and and hard to predict.
Yeah, and I can appreciate that. A school that looks at potential students as individuals rather than numbers is respectable. The admissions process seems kind of quirky, but I suppose that's their prerogative.
I can't imagine what would imagine what would make them reject someone at the 75% for both LSAT and GPA except for YP. I'd imagine the Personal Statement would have to be very awkward, arrogant, or prejudiced or something.

oregoniangal

New

Post by oregoniangal » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Neelio wrote:you went in review 02/05? shittt... i went IR 02/03, and they do rolling admissions. I think I'm headed for the WL.

double shit[/quote]

If don't know anything about the timing of my app and why I was accepted when I was. I was a 165/3.64--not a guarantee but I thought I had a legit shot. As you can tell from my name, I'm out of state. I would say don't stress, but this whole ls admissions process is giving me forehead wrinkles and anxiety attacks.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 pm

...wow. I have $$$ from UIUC and UMN, and just now got home to a straight out rejection from UW. Wow.

Well, looks like I'm done in here. Good luck guys.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:33 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:...wow. I have $$$ from UIUC and UMN, and just now got home to a straight out rejection from UW. Wow.

Ugh, sorry to hear that Botwin. Same to you Dr. Troy. Rejections are so depressing.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

MBZags wrote:
Sorry dude.

Off-topic, but do you have a PNW connection? Between here and the Ohio schools, I'm just intrigued that there's someone else applying to some of the same places as me.
hey its aright man thx.

No i have no familial connection or anything like that. I know id love Seattle: I love the outdoors, and love the culture of the PNW.

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:53 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:...wow. I have $$$ from UIUC and UMN, and just now got home to a straight out rejection from UW. Wow.

+ 1. just got a fat scholly from WashU and a ding form Udubb. Guess i'm not moving back to Seattle anytime soon.

the_rad_trad

New

Post by the_rad_trad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:55 pm

I only just went "In Review" on 2/22. I love Seattle, I actually got into UW for undergrad, took Emory instead. Hoping that they still want me...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:58 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:I only just went "In Review" on 2/22. I love Seattle, I actually got into UW for undergrad, took Emory instead. Hoping that they still want me...
Same for me for UG except WashU instead of Emory. Same conference though.

the_rad_trad

New

Post by the_rad_trad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:23 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
the_rad_trad wrote:I only just went "In Review" on 2/22. I love Seattle, I actually got into UW for undergrad, took Emory instead. Hoping that they still want me...
Same for me for UG except WashU instead of Emory. Same conference though.
:lol: I know.

heckyes

New

Post by heckyes » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm sorry :(

I'm fully expecting to get dinged too.

On the bright side, we can go take our fabulous scholarships to L and C and act like UW is that horrible ex that never loved us like they should have...

the_rad_trad

New

Post by the_rad_trad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 pm

heckyes wrote:
I'm sorry :(

I'm fully expecting to get dinged too.

On the bright side, we can go take our fabulous scholarships to L and C and act like UW is that horrible ex that never loved us like they should have...
Hahaha! I also expect a resounding ding from UW, and I'm also applying to L and C.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”