U Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NancyBotwin

Silver

U Washington

Post by NancyBotwin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Anyone else apply? I haven't seen any other threads for UW.
Last edited by NancyBotwin on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cavalier

Gold

Re: UW

Post by Cavalier » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Go Dawgs! Woof woof woof!

kalvano

Diamond

Re: U Washington

Post by kalvano » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Just did yesterday.

Hoping the registrar at my undergrad will get around to sending the Form B (which is silly to require at this point) soon.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:09 pm

kalvano wrote:Just did yesterday.

Hoping the registrar at my undergrad will get around to sending the Form B (which is silly to require at this point) soon.
My ug took forever to get mine out. I applied 11/5, JUST went Ready for Review today.

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Applied and accepted last year, but deferred for a year. If you have any questions about the admission process I can try to answer based on my experience, not sure if I know much more than anybody else though. Hope I'll see some of you there next fall. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm applying... visited the campus and loved it. The people are great, and I got to sit in on a 1L Property class which was nice. I am applying, but was told by the student ambassador that they don't even start looking at apps until mid-December/early-January. I would recommend checking the campus out if you get a chance. The Gates family has done a great job with it.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:51 pm

I applied also, and am in-state....Also missing "form B," although mine was sent in from the person in charge a week or so ago. Seattle is nice, but it is almost as bad as LA for traffic during rush hour.

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm

I applied and go there for undergrad . . .I also have it on good authority that they won't even start looking at apps til next month . . .

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:00 am

I'm applying; my overall goal is to get back to the NW, so if Berkeley or NYU don't come calling (ha!), UW might be where I end up. Form B has been awful though. UW is the only school that seems to want it from both your undergraduate and post-grad and my post-grad school is a terrible mess. I'm not sure if they'll ever get around to sending it out (they had no idea what it was or who should be responsible for it when I originally contacted them).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:15 am

I'm applying. With my current stats, it's my top realistic choice. We'll see how the Dec LSAT goes. I'm waiting for my LOR to finish, so I probably won't send my app in until the New Year.

Of course with a law school that looks like this:
--ImageRemoved--

And a city that looks like this:

I'd be psyched to go to UW.

uofmsbiggestfan

New

Post by uofmsbiggestfan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:22 am

I applied too last week! My form B was sent out this morning, my dean personally called me to inform me about that (which was very odd considering I have never met her or talked to her/ I don't know how she got my cell phone number). Is that true that UW doesn't look at apps until mid-december/january? I am going crazy WAITING! I want to know NOW lol!

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:24 am

it's the last app I submitted, but it's near the top of my list. gor.geous.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:28 am

HerseyChris wrote:I'm applying. With my current stats, it's my top realistic choice. We'll see how the Dec LSAT goes. I'm waiting for my LOR to finish, so I probably won't send my app in until the New Year.

--ImageRemoved--

Let's be realistic - both of those images look computer generated. Seattle is an amazing city, but that is not what the law school nor the city will look like the vast majority of the time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 am

ccs224 wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:I'm applying. With my current stats, it's my top realistic choice. We'll see how the Dec LSAT goes. I'm waiting for my LOR to finish, so I probably won't send my app in until the New Year.

Let's be realistic - both of those images look computer generated. Seattle is an amazing city, but that is not what the law school nor the city will look like the vast majority of the time.

Doesn't matter to me, I love gray skies and drizzle. I'm not much of a fan of sun, though I'm not sure we had more than a few drops of rain here in Seattle this past summer.

Plus:
--ImageRemoved--

And if he declares for the draft, we'll just have to start Nick Montana early.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:44 am

HerseyChris wrote: Plus:
--ImageRemoved--

What in the world is that? What's a Nick Montana?
Also, I noticed the original downtown picture still had the Key Arena in it. Aww.

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:50 am

ccs224 wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

Also, I noticed the original downtown picture still had the Key Arena in it. Aww.

Jake Locker is UW's QB. Nick Montana is a Senior in High School who has committed to UW for next year. He is Joe Montana's son.

The Key Arena still exists... It just doesn't serve much of a purpose anymore. Unless you count the WNBA as a purpose. Even Britney Spears would rather perform in the Tacoma Dome than the Key Arena (though it may be that white trash are just inexplicably attracted to the suburbs to the south of Seattle).

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:52 am

HerseyChris wrote:
ccs224 wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

Jake Locker is UW's QB. Nick Montana is a Senior in High School who has committed to UW for next year. He is Joe Montana's son.

The Key Arena still exists... It just doesn't serve much of a purpose anymore. Unless you count the WNBA as a purpose. Even Britney Spears would rather perform in the Tacoma Dome than the Key Arena (though it may be that white trash are just inexplicably attracted to the suburbs to the south of Seattle).
:lol: I met a few guys from Tacoma who claimed to be "juggalos." :| Evidence upon which you may rest your case.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:54 am

Wait, really? I could have sworn the Key Arena was torn down.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:56 am

ccs224 wrote:Wait, really? I could have sworn the Key Arena was torn down.
The Kingdome was the one that was torn down...They had it imploded.

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:56 am

ccs224 wrote:Wait, really? I could have sworn the Key Arena was torn down.
It better not be, I walked past it this labor day weekend during Bumbershoot.

You're thinking of the Kingdome?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xLzTKQ4-qU

Or just the fact that the Sonics were stolen from the city?

http://sonicsgate.org/

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:06 am

No, I am not thinking Kingdome. And yes, I am probably associating it with the loss of that Sasquatch mascot. Or perhaps I just thought it got eaten up by Frank Gehry's chef d'ouvre.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:42 am

Anyone else love this about UW?
In addition to the 60 hours of public service each J.D. must perform prior to graduation, our students provide advocacy through involvement with organizations such as the Public Interest Law Association and the Innocence Project Northwet
I feel like Public Interest law is something I'd love, but without the necessary push to get into it, I'm not sure I'd give it the proper consideration.

The $20k in-state tuition is also nice. Also, I don't really care, but I hear rumors about a 60/40 F:M ratio.

roxj

Bronze

Post by roxj » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:09 am

I'm not applying to UW Law because I was born and raised here (and a soon-to-be UW alum). Basically, I'm really ready to experience somewhere new. But I have to throw UW some cred. Seattle's great, the campus is beautiful, and I actually love the weather here. It's never too hot or too cold, and the rain makes you want to cuddle up and study. If anyone has any questions about the campus, I've spent the last four years on it...

cougit

New

Post by cougit » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:17 am

Not applying to UW because I have a severe problem with everything purple and gold :wink:

BUT I am from Seattle, I have been to the law school and it really does look like those pictures. it's beautiful... absolutely amazing and the UW campus is great. I also am in love with the city of Seattle.

nonetheless... go cougs :)

edit: I was just in the Key Arena for a concert on Saturday. It's still there.
Last edited by cougit on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:19 am

roxj wrote:I'm not applying to UW Law because I was born and raised here (and a soon-to-be UW alum). Basically, I'm really ready to experience somewhere new. But I have to throw UW some cred. Seattle's great, the campus is beautiful, and I actually love the weather here. It's never too hot or too cold, and the rain makes you want to cuddle up and study. If anyone has any questions about the campus, I've spent the last four years on it...
I've been to the UG campus, but not the law school. Is it separate from the rest of the school? I believe it's on the west side of campus as well, correct?

Are you not wanting to come back to the NW eventually? Because if you did want to work in Seattle, it would seem like UW would be the best option outside of a t-14 or possibly UCLA.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”