Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bludvl_prelaw
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby bludvl_prelaw » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Just got my acceptance e-mail today!

3.39/166 from Duke (bio major)

Applied 1/4, received 1/7, complete 1/22. Not too long of a turnaround.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:52 pm

tarheel87 wrote:For what it's worth, I talked to career services at the Open House today (which was great) and portability didn't seem like too much of an issue within the southeast and east coast. I know that was a question on here earlier this week and they seemed as sincere as can be considering the source.



I do know they have a new D.C. internship program that should be helpful in regards to portability.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:48 pm

kp009 wrote:Congrats to all the admits today! Any idea when we can expect to hear about $$?


+1

How long did it take those of you in the last batch of acceptances to hear?

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Luis Gomez » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:30 am

I wish I could have gone to scholars day. If anyone else wants to share more of the event and their impression of the school, I would appreciate it.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby LSATfromNC » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:51 am

sdegarmo wrote:
tarheel87 wrote:For what it's worth, I talked to career services at the Open House today (which was great) and portability didn't seem like too much of an issue within the southeast and east coast. I know that was a question on here earlier this week and they seemed as sincere as can be considering the source.


silly question, but what were most males wearing? EDIT because i own no slacks or khakis and will need to buy some if that is the norm


Some wore street clothes (sneakers, jeans, and sweat shirt), and some wore full blown suits. I felt perfectly dressed wearing khakis and a button down shirt with no tie. I would suggest you wear something fancier than jeans, but no need to go all out.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:06 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
tarheel87 wrote:For what it's worth, I talked to career services at the Open House today (which was great) and portability didn't seem like too much of an issue within the southeast and east coast. I know that was a question on here earlier this week and they seemed as sincere as can be considering the source.


silly question, but what were most males wearing? EDIT because i own no slacks or khakis and will need to buy some if that is the norm


Some wore street clothes (sneakers, jeans, and sweat shirt), and some wore full blown suits. I felt perfectly dressed wearing khakis and a button down shirt with no tie. I would suggest you wear something fancier than jeans, but no need to go all out.


Yeah I would definitely go the khakis and button down route. Plus I think having a good pair of khakis on hand will be useful in the future as well.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:28 pm

And for those of you that were here yesterday that were able to get out before the snow-- I am so jealous. Currently I am snowed in my apartment with only my dog for company. Sucks.

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:15 pm

In via email yesterday

User avatar
dhatfie1
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby dhatfie1 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:30 pm

I've gotten in to George Mason and Wake Forest both, anybody have any insight on which would be the better law school, I LOVE Wake Forest, but am interested to hear any testament for GMU. I know the cost of living is ridiculous at GMU, but let's just assume money isn't an issue (althought it is lol). Thanks!

User avatar
eagles111
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby eagles111 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:44 pm

in via email yesterday! submitted 12/29, complete around the first week of jan.

User avatar
Margo1020
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Margo1020 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:09 pm

Congratulations to all those newly admitted! Hope to see you in the fall! :mrgreen:

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby LSATfromNC » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:17 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:I've gotten in to George Mason and Wake Forest both, anybody have any insight on which would be the better law school, I LOVE Wake Forest, but am interested to hear any testament for GMU. I know the cost of living is ridiculous at GMU, but let's just assume money isn't an issue (althought it is lol). Thanks!


I'd say Wake is much more established, but they are more or less equals at this point in time. According to Ken GMU is a school to watch, yet he is only human, so take it with a grain of salt. Since we are assuming money isn't an issue then visit both, and see which you like best. Obviously, they both afford better opportunities in their respective region than the other would.

User avatar
katiebth
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby katiebth » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:05 pm

Congrats to all the new admits! If you have any questions I could [try to] answer them for you.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:44 am

Anyone signing up for the March 1 admitted students open house? Im thinking of booking my flight/car/hotel today.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 pm

in via email yesterday. Super excited!

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 pm

I'm also interested in the kind of placement Wake has in the DC area if any of you have any insight.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:06 pm

From what I can see, it looks like Wake doesn't grant deferrals at all. Any chance you have heard otherwise? I was planning on spending a year abroad doing volunteer work... but I want to go to Wake!

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:14 pm

akili wrote:From what I can see, it looks like Wake doesn't grant deferrals at all. Any chance you have heard otherwise? I was planning on spending a year abroad doing volunteer work... but I want to go to Wake!

I have no idea, but I think out of the valor of your case I would hope you'd have a chance. (Ask the admin folks, worse they can say is no we don't grant them)

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby LSATfromNC » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:59 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:
akili wrote:From what I can see, it looks like Wake doesn't grant deferrals at all. Any chance you have heard otherwise? I was planning on spending a year abroad doing volunteer work... but I want to go to Wake!

I have no idea, but I think out of the valor of your case I would hope you'd have a chance. (Ask the admin folks, worse they can say is no we don't grant them)


I was granted a deferal by Wake last year.

holidayfromreal
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby holidayfromreal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:18 pm

does anyone who's going on friday have any hotel suggestions? I'm trying to decide whether to come thurs night or wake up at like 5:00 am and drive friday morning

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:58 pm

We're staying at the Microtel.

It was $55 a night and #3 on TripAdvisor. Of course, we won't get there until about 10:00 on Wednesday, but oh well.

sticknbindle
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby sticknbindle » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:28 am

I found a decent price at the Brookstown Inn so I'm stayin there... looks cool.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:09 am

LSATfromNC wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:
akili wrote:From what I can see, it looks like Wake doesn't grant deferrals at all. Any chance you have heard otherwise? I was planning on spending a year abroad doing volunteer work... but I want to go to Wake!

I have no idea, but I think out of the valor of your case I would hope you'd have a chance. (Ask the admin folks, worse they can say is no we don't grant them)


I was granted a deferal by Wake last year.



You just filled my heart with joy. I really would love Wake (it's my top behind UW) but I was really counting on starting in 2011. Ahh thank you.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:44 am

sticknbindle wrote:I found a decent price at the Brookstown Inn so I'm stayin there... looks cool.


+1

But im going to visit on march 1. let me know if the hotel is legit. I figure its more in their 'downtown' area and would give me a better idea of what their city life is like.

JayCole
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby JayCole » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Anyone else go to Committee Review on 1/20? If so, have you gotten a decision since then?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, curry4bfast, hellohalo and 3 guests