Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:00 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:So the list so far is:
lsatfromnc = Jeff
statuscheckerssuck= Jordan (screw anonymity :) )
Rowinguy2009
sufjan
tarheel87


aschleic wrote:Is there a facebook group for Wake students? I remember someone previously posting it. If so, would you mind to repost so I can join.

Not an admitted scholar but I am really into Wake.


http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2 ... 099&ref=ts

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:12 pm

admin review 1/22 to application complete 1/28

Bad sign? or is this normal?

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:22 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:admin review 1/22 to application complete 1/28

Bad sign? or is this normal?


+1

mudbug25
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby mudbug25 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:24 pm

I just went to Application Complete today as well. Previously I had been on admin review.


I think this means DR. Should hear something soon I'd imagine.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:24 pm

moandersen wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:admin review 1/22 to application complete 1/28

Bad sign? or is this normal?


+1


Specifically, I never got my status checker for wake so i dont know specifically about this

Generally, its normal, dont get your hope/anxiety up or down. at some schools i applied to it indicated that a decision was imminent, but at others it meant absolutely nothing.

User avatar
eye
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby eye » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:28 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:So the list so far is:
lsatfromnc = Jeff
statuscheckerssuck
Rowinguy2009
sufjan
tarheel87
eye


Fixed. My schedule cleared up so I registered yesterday :)

Wake is becoming a serious contender, #2 on my list. It could easily become #1 depending on tomorrow.

See you guys tomorrow!

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:30 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
Generally, its normal, dont get your hope/anxiety up or down. at some schools i applied to it indicated that a decision was imminent, but at others it meant absolutely nothing.


True. Waiting blows. I only applied to WF 12 days ago, but their beatdown of UNC got me all excited about possibly attending. :mrgreen:

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:39 pm

moandersen wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
Generally, its normal, dont get your hope/anxiety up or down. at some schools i applied to it indicated that a decision was imminent, but at others it meant absolutely nothing.


True. Waiting blows. I only applied to WF 12 days ago, but their beatdown of UNC got me all excited about possibly attending. :mrgreen:

Care to elaborate?

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:40 pm

moandersen wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
Generally, its normal, dont get your hope/anxiety up or down. at some schools i applied to it indicated that a decision was imminent, but at others it meant absolutely nothing.


True. Waiting blows. I only applied to WF 12 days ago, but their beatdown of UNC got me all excited about possibly attending. :mrgreen:


I'm really starting to like Wake, though a 2/3-Full Ride would sweeten the deal a lot. I'm anxious about them - checked my status checker 6 times today. MUST STOP!

To your avatar: Ditka...IS...God

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:41 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:
moandersen wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
Generally, its normal, dont get your hope/anxiety up or down. at some schools i applied to it indicated that a decision was imminent, but at others it meant absolutely nothing.


True. Waiting blows. I only applied to WF 12 days ago, but their beatdown of UNC got me all excited about possibly attending. :mrgreen:

Care to elaborate?


Not much of a basketball fan, I see...

keemos
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby keemos » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:46 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:
moandersen wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
Generally, its normal, dont get your hope/anxiety up or down. at some schools i applied to it indicated that a decision was imminent, but at others it meant absolutely nothing.


True. Waiting blows. I only applied to WF 12 days ago, but their beatdown of UNC got me all excited about possibly attending. :mrgreen:

Care to elaborate?


Not much of a basketball fan, I see...


I hate UNC basketball. Big Tim Duncan and Chris Paul fan...

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm a Duke fan, but I like Wake well enough...I can even tolerate UNC. It's the Turtles that I can't stand.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 pm

kwhitegocubs wrote:
moandersen wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
Generally, its normal, dont get your hope/anxiety up or down. at some schools i applied to it indicated that a decision was imminent, but at others it meant absolutely nothing.


True. Waiting blows. I only applied to WF 12 days ago, but their beatdown of UNC got me all excited about possibly attending. :mrgreen:


I'm really starting to like Wake, though a 2/3-Full Ride would sweeten the deal a lot. I'm anxious about them - checked my status checker 6 times today. MUST STOP!

To your avatar: Ditka...IS...God



I know it is hard, but I would refrain from checking the status checker. Wake sends everything out through email, so you will know when something is decided.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:53 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:
moandersen wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
Generally, its normal, dont get your hope/anxiety up or down. at some schools i applied to it indicated that a decision was imminent, but at others it meant absolutely nothing.


True. Waiting blows. I only applied to WF 12 days ago, but their beatdown of UNC got me all excited about possibly attending. :mrgreen:

Care to elaborate?


As others have alluded to, its a reference to Wake beating UNC (at Chapel Hill) I believe. I watched the game, and proclaimed to those I was watching with that if wake wins, they are jumping up my rankings of schools I would attend if admitted - only half-jokingly.

Im a Big Ten guy, but ACC basketball is 10x more exciting.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:59 pm

ACC basketball is well and good, but if I had to choose between Wake and Illinois for basketball (err..I mean...law school), it'd be the Illini hands down.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:09 pm

kwhitegocubs wrote:ACC basketball is well and good, but if I had to choose between Wake and Illinois for basketball (err..I mean...law school), it'd be the Illini hands down.


If i had the choice like you will, I would chose the same. But I dont/wont. In-state tuition ftl.

User avatar
dhatfie1
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby dhatfie1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Wake actually called me this morning to tell me that my file would be going complete today and that I would be hearing something, at the earliest today and at the latest tomorrow, I'm assuming that would be true for everybody who went to "application complete" today. I would imagine this is good news, because I don't believe the admissions office would take time out of their busy day to inform me a decision was coming if it was a bad one! :) Wake is definitely my top choice! BTW..I went to "Administrative Review" on 1/12. Hope this helps!

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:22 pm

kwhitegocubs wrote:ACC basketball is well and good, but if I had to choose between Wake and Illinois for basketball (err..I mean...law school), it'd be the Illini hands down.


If only Dean Pless gave me as sweet an offer as Wake did!


Dean Pless I know you are reading this. Please make me a sweet offer :)

JayCole
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby JayCole » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:53 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:Wake actually called me this morning to tell me that my file would be going complete today and that I would be hearing something, at the earliest today and at the latest tomorrow, I'm assuming that would be true for everybody who went to "application complete" today. I would imagine this is good news, because I don't believe the admissions office would take time out of their busy day to inform me a decision was coming if it was a bad one! :) Wake is definitely my top choice! BTW..I went to "Administrative Review" on 1/12. Hope this helps!


I am still in comittee review and my application status has not changed today. When you all call do you just ask them directly when you can expect a decision (in so many words)?

User avatar
dhatfie1
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby dhatfie1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:17 pm

JayCole wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:Wake actually called me this morning to tell me that my file would be going complete today and that I would be hearing something, at the earliest today and at the latest tomorrow, I'm assuming that would be true for everybody who went to "application complete" today. I would imagine this is good news, because I don't believe the admissions office would take time out of their busy day to inform me a decision was coming if it was a bad one! :) Wake is definitely my top choice! BTW..I went to "Administrative Review" on 1/12. Hope this helps!


I am still in comittee review and my application status has not changed today. When you all call do you just ask them directly when you can expect a decision (in so many words)?


Just sort of ask them what the status of your file is, you'll truly be surprised at how sincere and helpful they are. I talked to a lady named Jenny and she was awesomeeee! She was like, "I am super busy, but I will drop everything until I find your file!" I was like wow, didn't expect that but sweet, I even felt a little guilty lol. Anyways, don't be the least bit sheepish about calling!

JayCole
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby JayCole » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:Just sort of ask them what the status of your file is, you'll truly be surprised at how sincere and helpful they are. I talked to a lady named Jenny and she was awesomeeee! She was like, "I am super busy, but I will drop everything until I find your file!" I was like wow, didn't expect that but sweet, I even felt a little guilty lol. Anyways, don't be the least bit sheepish about calling!



So....I called and basically got "the heisman". They just told me what I already knew (that my application was in Committee Review) and that I could probably expect a decision "within the next couple of weeks." I'm not giving up hope thoug. C'mon Wake! :mrgreen:

kbeth18
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:06 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kbeth18 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
leraa6587 wrote:so wait...i've seen people who have "application complete" and got in and other people saying their status checker went to "congratulations" when they were accepted

am i missing something or is this indeed what is happening? does it go application complete and then "congratulations"? orrr do people just get different status checkers? or something else?

super nervous..it seems they are handing decisions out on fridays and i just went into committee review so this post is pretty pointless for now


I wouldn't look to0 much in to it.. I never went to committee review (at least not thru my online status checker) and I got the complete and congratulations on the same day. I think they are not too on top of it with a system of "x" before "Y" before "acceptance" or whatever.



Today my status changed from "Administrative Review" to "Application Complete" but there's nothing that says "Congratulations." Is this a bad sign? Anyone know?

User avatar
smgallag
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:15 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby smgallag » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:06 pm

kbeth18 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:
leraa6587 wrote:so wait...i've seen people who have "application complete" and got in and other people saying their status checker went to "congratulations" when they were accepted

am i missing something or is this indeed what is happening? does it go application complete and then "congratulations"? orrr do people just get different status checkers? or something else?

super nervous..it seems they are handing decisions out on fridays and i just went into committee review so this post is pretty pointless for now


I wouldn't look to0 much in to it.. I never went to committee review (at least not thru my online status checker) and I got the complete and congratulations on the same day. I think they are not too on top of it with a system of "x" before "Y" before "acceptance" or whatever.



Today my status changed from "Administrative Review" to "Application Complete" but there's nothing that says "Congratulations." Is this a bad sign? Anyone know?


Everyone who has been accepted so far went though that point.

Expect an email later today or tomorrow by noon with a decision, and then the decision field will show up.

User avatar
sufjan
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby sufjan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:46 pm

so what are you guys wearing tomorrow?

not sure if I should wear a tie or not

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:48 pm

sufjan wrote:so what are you guys wearing tomorrow?

not sure if I should wear a tie or not



hey so... if someone would take a picture of the general dress code, i would really appreciate it.

i found my one pair of khakis is pretty tattered and I dont own any slacks.

im gonna have to go buy a pair of pants, so it would be a big help to see what i should be looking for




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], izha, potterotter, reydingo and 21 guests