Wake Forest 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
holidayfromreal

New

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Post by holidayfromreal » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:28 pm

vandalvideo wrote:So did anyone just get the humourous questionairre from the Wake admissions office? I have no idea what an admission office would want with "my best one-liner joke". Are jokes an integral part of being an attorney?

did everyone get this or just admitted scholars? I was just wondering if they used it to "get to know us better" when making fletcher decisions

Margo1020

New

Post by Margo1020 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:21 am

Last year at scholar's day they had a sentence or two about each scholar in attendance that they put in our packet. Maybe some of the one-liners will go in there? I'm really not sure, but I'd try to keep it clean! ;)

As far as what to wear, I wore a suit last year. It's OK to be more casual, but I think jeans is going too far. You need to look professional and, if you want the scholarship, look like you want it. Last year in addition to the Fletcher, they offered study abroad scholarships (not sure if they're doing that this year but my point is that there may be other opportunities than the Fletcher). General dressing tips: make sure your shirt is ironed, don't wear sneakers, don't look like you just rolled out of bed, girls-do not wear a low-cut shirt.

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:58 am

This topic has already been addressed, but who here is attending tomorrow? And are any of you bringing guests? I just at the last minute called and added my boyfriend as a guest, and I don't want him to feel awkward or anything.
Margo1020 wrote:Last year at scholar's day they had a sentence or two about each scholar in attendance that they put in our packet. Maybe some of the one-liners will go in there? I'm really not sure, but I'd try to keep it clean! ;)

As far as what to wear, I wore a suit last year. It's OK to be more casual, but I think jeans is going too far. You need to look professional and, if you want the scholarship, look like you want it. Last year in addition to the Fletcher, they offered study abroad scholarships (not sure if they're doing that this year but my point is that there may be other opportunities than the Fletcher). General dressing tips: make sure your shirt is ironed, don't wear sneakers, don't look like you just rolled out of bed, girls-do not wear a low-cut shirt.
Last year about how many people attended?

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:This topic has already been addressed, but who here is attending tomorrow? And are any of you bringing guests? I just at the last minute called and added my boyfriend as a guest, and I don't want him to feel awkward or anything.
Margo1020 wrote:Last year at scholar's day they had a sentence or two about each scholar in attendance that they put in our packet. Maybe some of the one-liners will go in there? I'm really not sure, but I'd try to keep it clean! ;)

I'm going. My wife was also but now she isn't.

So the list so far is:
lsatfromnc
statuscheckerssuck
Rowinguy2009
Last edited by LSATfromNC on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:11 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:This topic has already been addressed, but who here is attending tomorrow? And are any of you bringing guests? I just at the last minute called and added my boyfriend as a guest, and I don't want him to feel awkward or anything.

I'm going. My wife was also but now she isn't.

So the list so far is:
lsatfromnc
statuscheckerssuck

Haha well it is definitely not only us. When I called to add my boyfriend they said someone had just canceled so I got the last seat available.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:11 pm

Are people from the second round of awarded scholarships invited to "Scholars Day" or whatever it's called?! I haven't received any information about it yet.

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:13 pm

missvik218 wrote:Are people from the second round of awarded scholarships invited to "Scholars Day" or whatever it's called?! I haven't received any information about it yet.
It is my understanding that both scholars days are full up already. That seems unfair to you guys though.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:21 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
missvik218 wrote:Are people from the second round of awarded scholarships invited to "Scholars Day" or whatever it's called?! I haven't received any information about it yet.
It is my understanding that both scholars days are full up already. That seems unfair to you guys though.
Ooh, bummer! That's dumb of them.

Rowinguy2009

Bronze

Post by Rowinguy2009 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:39 pm

I will be there tomorrow! Didn't sign up till Tuesday because I was supposed to work over the weekend, but was able to get someone to replace me last minute. We should all where a piece of string on our left index fingers so we can tell each other apart. Or just wear UNC hoodies, then we would probably stand out too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SaltnPepper17

New

Post by SaltnPepper17 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:39 pm

I called admissions today (nicest and most helpful admissions staff I've encountered) and was told I would receive a decision not this week but next week.

Could that mean bad news? :(

Margo1020

New

Post by Margo1020 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 pm

I think about 30-40 people. Last year there was only one day but it seems like this year there are multiple scholar days (I think next Friday is another date, but I'm not entirely sure).

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:49 pm

So the list so far is:
lsatfromnc
statuscheckerssuck
Rowinguy2009
sufjan
tarheel87

Anyone else?

I will be there tomorrow! Didn't sign up till Tuesday because I was supposed to work over the weekend, but was able to get someone to replace me last minute. We should all where a piece of string on our left index fingers so we can tell each other apart. Or just wear UNC hoodies, then we would probably stand out too.
lol, I don't think so :)
Last edited by LSATfromNC on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:51 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:So the list so far is:
lsatfromnc
statuscheckerssuck
Rowinguy2009

Anyone else?

I'll be there tomorrow

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:52 pm

SaltnPepper17 wrote:I called admissions today (nicest and most helpful admissions staff I've encountered) and was told I would receive a decision not this week but next week.

They are an amazingly friendly staff. They make me want to hug them! I received the same information about next week, and I don't think it's bad news. I have no reason to specifically back up my assertion, but it seems like an earlier decision would indicate a high likelihood of admission unless you have numbers below their medians.

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:55 pm

kwhitegocubs wrote:
SaltnPepper17 wrote:I called admissions today (nicest and most helpful admissions staff I've encountered) and was told I would receive a decision not this week but next week.

They are an amazingly friendly staff. They make me want to hug them! I received the same information about next week, and I don't think it's bad news. I have no reason to specifically back up my assertion, but it seems like an earlier decision would indicate a high likelihood of admission unless you have numbers below their medians.
The first waitlist came out two weeks into Feb last year, along with acceptances, and the first rejections came out three weeks in. All this according to LSN. So, I think it is probably decent, if not great, news!

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:59 pm

lsatfromnc
statuscheckerssuck
Rowinguy2009
sufjan

Anyone else?
lol so I am the only one so far bringing a guest. Yikes.

kbeth18

New

Post by kbeth18 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:17 pm

When did you go complete? When I called on Tuesday, they told me I'd hear by Friday. But perhaps they've become backed up since then....I was really looking forward to tomorrow but now I fear that a round of decisions won't be released!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:22 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
lsatfromnc
statuscheckerssuck
Rowinguy2009
sufjan

Anyone else?
lol so I am the only one so far bringing a guest. Yikes.
Don't sweat it. At least you will have someone to talk to! Introductions are awkward for me.

SaltnPepper17

New

Post by SaltnPepper17 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:30 pm

kbeth18 wrote:

When did you go complete? When I called on Tuesday, they told me I'd hear by Friday. But perhaps they've become backed up since then....I was really looking forward to tomorrow but now I fear that a round of decisions won't be released!

Don't remember when i went complete but i've been in administrative review since 11/30
I think the woman I spoke with mentioned that they have been backed up with tons of applications so my decision wasn't going to make it into this week's (so you're good :) ) But I fear that being told "not this week but next week" is a bad sign or a waitlist maybe?

tarheel87

Bronze

Post by tarheel87 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:15 pm

lsatfromnc
statuscheckerssuck
Rowinguy2009
sufjan

Anyone else?

I'll be there, I need some serious wooing or some more money though to be really sold on Wake.

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Im going next week

But would love to hear feedback from those attending tomorrow, especially regarding $$$ talk at the event.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JayCole

New

Post by JayCole » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 pm

SaltnPepper17 wrote:
kbeth18 wrote:

I wonder if I should call as well. I have been in Committee Review since 1/20. I would assume a decision would be coming soon.

As for your decision, I try to find the silver lining in "delayed" decisions. If they flat out didn't want you I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to say so! Good luck!

flowerpot

New

Post by flowerpot » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:53 pm

My application status just changed from "Administrative Review" to "Application Complete" today....does this mean something good?! Could we be hearing something tomorrow?!

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:56 pm

So the list so far is:
lsatfromnc = Jeff
statuscheckerssuck
Rowinguy2009
sufjan
tarheel87

LiveFree

New

Post by LiveFree » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Is there a facebook group for Wake students? I remember someone previously posting it. If so, would you mind to repost so I can join.

Not an admitted scholar but I am really into Wake.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”