Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:I hope that means we are being considered for scholarships. I am as poor as my avatar (Jack Sparrow not Orlando Bloom) but with big dreams.

Don't you mean Johnny Depp?? Either way, I so hope too ... $$$ is going to be a significant factor on my decision about where to attend.

User avatar
DoctorNick189
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby DoctorNick189 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Admin review for a long time. 2.99/176

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:It seems like all those under admin review for an extended period have LSATs above their 75th percentile.


I hope that means we are being considered for scholarships. I am as poor as my avatar (Jack Sparrow not Orlando Bloom) but with big dreams.



WIth your stats and URM status I really would not be worried. I would be surprised if you did not get a full ride. From what I have seen on LSN Wake is usually pretty generous.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:31 pm

i got application received and complete emails

but i never got a status checker password


anyone else?

User avatar
DoctorNick189
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby DoctorNick189 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:36 pm

sdegarmo wrote:i got application received and complete emails

but i never got a status checker password


anyone else?


Samesies, if you e-mail them and ask about it they'll send you one.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:45 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:It seems like all those under admin review for an extended period have LSATs above their 75th percentile.



I've been under "administrative review" since 11/17, and my LSAT is dead-on the 75th.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Luis Gomez » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:35 pm

missvik218 wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:I hope that means we are being considered for scholarships. I am as poor as my avatar (Jack Sparrow not Orlando Bloom) but with big dreams.

Don't you mean Johnny Depp?? Either way, I so hope too ... $$$ is going to be a significant factor on my decision about where to attend.


missvik218,
you are so right about Johnny Depp, hopefully we will both get some $ and be able to attend Wake. Good luck

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:37 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:I hope that means we are being considered for scholarships. I am as poor as my avatar (Jack Sparrow not Orlando Bloom) but with big dreams.

Don't you mean Johnny Depp?? Either way, I so hope too ... $$$ is going to be a significant factor on my decision about where to attend.


missvik218,
you are so right about Johnny Depp, hopefully we will both get some $ and be able to attend Wake. Good luck

Thanks, and same to you!!!

User avatar
mytwocents
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby mytwocents » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:03 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:It seems like all those under admin review for an extended period have LSATs above their 75th percentile.



I'm pretty sure mine's not...but at the same time, I don't think I'm quite an auto-reject either. What gives, Wake Forest?

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Luis Gomez » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:02 pm

I guess we should all just relax, I can believe it is only December and I am already stressing out over the admittance at Wake Forest, when even if accepted I would still need to wait for a scholarship offer that might never come. I am not getting any better at waiting patiently.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:31 am

The rumor is they are sending out scholly info with the acceptances. Don't hold me to it though.

User avatar
smgallag
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:15 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby smgallag » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 am

I've been under Admin Review since 11/10. LSAT is above their 75th but UGPA is below 25th.

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby jbrowning82 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:06 pm

Went under administrative review today

169/3.05 and I'm a peace corps volunteer.

I really want $$$ from WFU, otherwise I probably wouldnt consider going there

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Is anyone else getting really nervous for friday?

User avatar
mytwocents
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby mytwocents » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:25 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:Is anyone else getting really nervous for friday?


I am, definitely. So, who all are we expecting to actually get letters? Like, just the very earliest submitters? Everyone who's applied until now who was accepted? I applied pretty early, but I've been stuck at admin review since mid-October...so I'm kinda skeptical about hearing back on Friday.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:02 am

This Friday?

Do they start sending out letter on Friday, or do they send out so you get it on Friday?

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Luis Gomez » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:13 am

kalvano wrote:This Friday?

Do they start sending out letter on Friday, or do they send out so you get it on Friday?


I believe the poster meant they will have the decision ready on Friday the 18th, He wasn't very specific, but I understood that the decisions might be mailed that day.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:14 am

Luis Gomez wrote:
kalvano wrote:This Friday?

Do they start sending out letter on Friday, or do they send out so you get it on Friday?


I believe the poster meant they will have the decision ready on Friday the 18th, He wasn't very specific, but I understood that the decisions might be mailed that day.


If by "he" you mean she, yes, I was told that they will be sending the first decisions on friday. I am going to predict that they accept most of those that have been an admin review for a long time...and some of those in committee (this is totally just a guess).

If I go decision rendered on friday I will probably be one of the first to receive the letter since I live about 30 mins from WFU.

Good luck all!

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:02 am

I wonder what date ranges they will consider.

I've been under "administrative review" since 11/17, and I think my numbers (3.23 / 164) are pretty good for WF.

Fingers crossed.

User avatar
jss1100
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby jss1100 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:06 am

Admin Review 10/28

nashuatree
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby nashuatree » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:25 am

Admin review 10/30...

User avatar
one&only
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:12 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby one&only » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:20 am

Luis Gomez wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:It seems like all those under admin review for an extended period have LSATs above their 75th percentile.


I hope that means we are being considered for scholarships. I am as poor as my avatar (Jack Sparrow not Johnny Depp) but with big dreams.


Why are you so excited about being admitted to the third best school in North Carolina, you should have applied to Duke or UNC.

Nikiya
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Nikiya » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:09 pm

one&only wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:It seems like all those under admin review for an extended period have LSATs above their 75th percentile.


I hope that means we are being considered for scholarships. I am as poor as my avatar (Jack Sparrow not Johnny Depp) but with big dreams.


Why are you so excited about being admitted to the third best school in North Carolina, you should have applied to Duke or UNC.


Seriously?

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby jbrowning82 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Nikiya wrote:
one&only wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:It seems like all those under admin review for an extended period have LSATs above their 75th percentile.


I hope that means we are being considered for scholarships. I am as poor as my avatar (Jack Sparrow not Johnny Depp) but with big dreams.


Why are you so excited about being admitted to the third best school in North Carolina, you should have applied to Duke or UNC.


Seriously?


Don't feed the trolls.

Come on man, you're a Tar Heel. Show some class.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:23 pm

If you want to talk about UNC (or Duke) perhaps the appropriate forum for that discussion would be their respective threads. And I have a feeling that a lot of the people on this board have applied to UNC. I know I have, but I actually like the feel of Wake Forest better. So maybe the "best school" for you is not the same for me.

So either play nice or get off our thread. :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”