Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PirateCap'n

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:16 pm

primusux wrote:
loveprofusion2 wrote:I've emailed Wake at least 5 times over the past couple weeks about a schaolarship. Unfortunately, no one ever responds. I emailed Ms. Nutt twice over the past month and never received a response from her either. Do you guys suggest I call or go in person to get scholarship info?

If they don't respond it means they don't want to give you anything. Trust me...been there done that. It's unprofessional to completely ignore applicants, but, what can we do? That was one of the main reasons I withdrew.

Sadly, the bolded seems to be true. I had some fairly cordial emails with Ms. Nutt about various things, and she never failed to respond in a relatively timely manner. However, when it comes to money, she has yet to respond to an email. While I understand she is busy, one would think that she would at least have a generic rejection letter to send or would have Ms. Hutcherson email a response on her behalf. But, as someone else said, what can we really do other than either attend or withdraw?

klussy

Postby klussy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:04 am

where is everyone set to live? Was looking at the crownes: park, oaks and polo. Is there one that especially tends to attract undergrads? Or one that has better walking paths? I'd appreciate any info on these.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:00 am

klussy wrote:where is everyone set to live? Was looking at the crownes: park, oaks and polo. Is there one that especially tends to attract undergrads? Or one that has better walking paths? I'd appreciate any info on these.

I just moved into the pines at bethabara yesterday, and there seems to be a lot of law/med/grad students here, not a lot of undergrads. It's really quiet and I love it so far. There's a walking trail right down the road and also the pines is right on the edge of historic bethabara park which has 3 walking trails.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:26 pm

lml09 wrote:I just moved into the pines at bethabara yesterday, and there seems to be a lot of law/med/grad students here, not a lot of undergrads. It's really quite and I love it so far. There's a walking trail right down the road and also the pines is right on the edge of historic bethabara park which has 3 walking trails.

thats what i want to hear, and the whole reason i chose the pines over crowne. ill be unpacking there in a week!

vikspeed

Postby vikspeed » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:07 pm

Is anyone still looking for a roommate? I am in need of a responsible, mature, clean, respectful, and trustworthy roommate. I am hoping to join you guys at the Pines but really can't afford paying for a 2 BR by myself. I hate to search for someone on a forum, but I couldn't go to the house hunt and don't know anyone in the area. ???

peeker82

Postby peeker82 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:20 pm

withdrew last week with a $15k/year scholly. that should free up some money, go get it!

btw, i only got that scholly because i asked. I asked because i saw on lsn that people with numbers below mine had gotten $$$ and I hadn't because i applied late.

and for those of you looking for housing. check out these apartments: http://www.enclaveatnorthpoint.com/
I was about to send my deposit to this apartment complex before i got off the WL at my top choice. they look pretty legit and really close to wake. they have 1-bedrooms for $385/mo and it's a gated community, pool, tennis courts, the whole 9.

exitlane

Postby exitlane » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:18 pm

peeker82 wrote:withdrew last week with a $15k/year scholly. that should free up some money, go get it!

btw, i only got that scholly because i asked. I asked because i saw on lsn that people with numbers below mine had gotten $$$ and I hadn't because i applied late.

and for those of you looking for housing. check out these apartments: http://www.enclaveatnorthpoint.com/
I was about to send my deposit to this apartment complex before i got off the WL at my top choice. they look pretty legit and really close to wake. they have 1-bedrooms for $385/mo and it's a gated community, pool, tennis courts, the whole 9.

Where are you off too?

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Did everyone else just get the email about our required reading? Apparently, John Grisham will be visiting the school in the middle of September, so we have to read The Innocent Man in preparation for his visit. Just thought I'd pass it on for those who might not have received the email.

peeker82

Postby peeker82 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:35 pm

exitlane wrote:
peeker82 wrote:withdrew last week with a $15k/year scholly. that should free up some money, go get it!

Where are you off too?

Duke in 2011! duke offered some people in the waitlist the option of waiting a year and converting the current app to an ED-2011 app. so i took the offer and it worked out!

guitarborder

Postby guitarborder » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:00 pm

peeker82 wrote:
exitlane wrote:

Where are you off too?

Duke in 2011! duke offered some people in the waitlist the option of waiting a year and converting the current app to an ED-2011 app. so i took the offer and it worked out!

Wow that's really odd....but cool. congrats!

rmccord0001

Postby rmccord0001 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
rmccord0001 wrote:I would definitely be up for grabbing a beer before school starts. There is a pretty good brewery downtown called Foothills bewery that i went to this past weekend while my wife and I were house hunting. Pretty good weekly specials on really good microbrews. We found a condo in Aspen Ct that is only a 5 min. walk to the law school....anyone else living in that complex?

When did you go? Me, the wife, and 4 friends who were helping us move went to foothills sunday night.

Wonder if I passed you? O.o

We were there Sat. Pretty nice place, waitress was telling us about north carolina beer festival in Winston-Salem on August 28th that we're going to try and go to...--LinkRemoved--

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:16 pm

we moved in today. crazy hot. crazy tired. very excited. :mrgreen:

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:15 pm

moandersen wrote:we moved in today. crazy hot. crazy tired. very excited. :mrgreen:

nice..i'll be doing some of that this weekend, then finishing next weekend. can't wait

anyone else just now looking into immunizations? wondering if this will mess anything up at the last minute..

lml09

Postby lml09 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:50 pm

In case anyone hasn't seen, we have another reading assignment for our LAWR class on "Sources and Systems of Law". The link for the chapter is --LinkRemoved--

There is also new info on the community service and tuition stuff. Does anyone know if we have to do anything else besides filling out the loans app and sending Wake that email about how much we want?

I also love how Wake words how the community service is voluntary. "If you do NOT desire to perform this volunteer activity, the law school will not force you to participate. But based upon the enthusiastic response from students in the past, you’ll be sorry if you don’t participate." :D

2013ek

Postby 2013ek » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:28 am

Withdrew with scholarship, one of the harder decisions of my life. Melanie Nutt is a saint. Best of luck to all, hope someone gets my spot and $$$.

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:03 am

2013ek wrote:Withdrew with scholarship, one of the harder decisions of my life. Melanie Nutt is a saint. Best of luck to all, hope someone gets my spot and $$$.

where are you headed?

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:38 am

sufjan wrote:where are you headed?

i think im headed to the range today....then maybe a movie....then more chores around the new apt to get it in working order. thanks for asking. :mrgreen:

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:56 am

moandersen wrote:

i think im headed to the range today....then maybe a movie....then more chores around the new apt to get it in working order. thanks for asking. :mrgreen:

hah nice. when's our golf trip? wife and I bought a house literally a mile down the road from the muni course on Reynolds Park Road. final move is this weekend

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:44 am

sufjan wrote:
moandersen wrote:

hah nice. when's our golf trip? wife and I bought a house literally a mile down the road from the muni course on Reynolds Park Road. final move is this weekend

next week some time? you must be in SE w-s then, right? I havent hit a ball in a month because of various things, so today at the range was a little rough. need to put in some serious practice so i dont make a complete ass out of myself.

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:50 am

moandersen wrote:
sufjan wrote:
moandersen wrote:

next week some time? you must be in SE w-s then, right? I havent hit a ball in a month because of various things, so today at the range was a little rough. need to put in some serious practice so i dont make a complete ass out of myself.

next week sounds great. SE W-S is correct. it's about 15 mins from campus

i'll pm you my contact info. i shoot 100+ so complete ass is about right

guitarborder

Postby guitarborder » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:29 pm

lml09 wrote:In case anyone hasn't seen, we have another reading assignment for our LAWR class on "Sources and Systems of Law". The link for the chapter is --LinkRemoved--

There is also new info on the community service and tuition stuff. Does anyone know if we have to do anything else besides filling out the loans app and sending Wake that email about how much we want?

I also love how Wake words how the community service is voluntary. "If you do NOT desire to perform this volunteer activity, the law school will not force you to participate. But based upon the enthusiastic response from students in the past, you’ll be sorry if you don’t participate." :D

Thanks for posting this -- I definitely had not seen that reading assignment (I don't check the new students page often enough apparently).

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:30 pm

So, after reviewing the parking email, what are you guys' thoughts on where is best to park? I'm living at one of the complexes with a shuttle, but I did that in undergrad and found that I much preferred to drive to campus if possible. Any current students care to weigh-in on the availability of parking spaces in the lot directly beside Worrell? It looks like it could fill-up pretty quickly. Also, where do we park during orientation since buses aren't running?

lml09

Postby lml09 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:21 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:So, after reviewing the parking email, what are you guys' thoughts on where is best to park? I'm living at one of the complexes with a shuttle, but I did that in undergrad and found that I much preferred to drive to campus if possible. Any current students care to weigh-in on the availability of parking spaces in the lot directly beside Worrell? It looks like it could fill-up pretty quickly. Also, where do we park during orientation since buses aren't running?

Also, the parking passes don't start until September 1st. Thoughts?

guitarborder

Postby guitarborder » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:07 pm

lml09 wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:So, after reviewing the parking email, what are you guys' thoughts on where is best to park? I'm living at one of the complexes with a shuttle, but I did that in undergrad and found that I much preferred to drive to campus if possible. Any current students care to weigh-in on the availability of parking spaces in the lot directly beside Worrell? It looks like it could fill-up pretty quickly. Also, where do we park during orientation since buses aren't running?

Also, the parking passes don't start until September 1st. Thoughts?

Is it that parking passes don't start until September 1st, or you won't be ticketed until September 1st (you have until then to -get- a pass) ?? Because I'm pretty sure you can register your car starting August 1st on the WIN site and then pick the pass up at orientation...

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:18 pm

guitarborder wrote:Is it that parking passes don't start until September 1st, or you won't be ticketed until September 1st (you have until then to -get- a pass) ?? Because I'm pretty sure you can register your car starting August 1st on the WIN site and then pick the pass up at orientation...

I think it's that you won't be ticketed until September 1st. Either way though, they sure aren't very good at explaining this stuff. You would think they would give you a little more info. Even the parking website isn't very helpful. O well.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”