Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
StephBee

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby StephBee » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Congrats and best wishes, Moandersen!

Lml, I'm jealous of Myrtle Beach. Can I come with? Lol, have fun!

I haven't been able to access my WIN stuff because they sent that mail to my parent's house. I've been too lazy to ask my parents to read the details to me. Has anyone else had random stuff go to their permanent address? It's weird... I get most the information at my current address, then the more important stuff gets sent to my parents.

Tave

Postby Tave » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:25 pm

StephBee wrote:Congrats and best wishes, Moandersen!

Lml, I'm jealous of Myrtle Beach. Can I come with? Lol, have fun!

I haven't been able to access my WIN stuff because they sent that mail to my parent's house. I've been too lazy to ask my parents to read the details to me. Has anyone else had random stuff go to their permanent address? It's weird... I get most the information at my current address, then the more important stuff gets sent to my parents.

Last summer they sent everything to my parents' address (my permanent address). But since then everything has gone to my Winston-Salem address.

TarHeel2010

Postby TarHeel2010 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:18 am

movement on the wait list soon?? what do you all think?

rmccord0001

Postby rmccord0001 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:55 am

congrats on the wedding! my wife and i just celebrated our 1 year anniversary last weekend so i am not too far removed. ours was a blast, hope yours will be too. just remember to try to remember it :) it is amazing how quickly it goes by and how little of it you will recall.

has anyone here looked at renting a house in the area? seems like many are committing to the surrounding apartment complexes but my wife and i share the sentiment that we dont neccessarily want to be surrounded by undergraduate noise while hanging out at home. We are planning on driving down this weekend to look at apartments, townhomes etc., is it the consensus that the pines and crystal lake are the quieter complexes within walking distance. thanks and looking forward to meeting you all.

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:57 am

rmccord0001 wrote:congrats on the wedding! my wife and i just celebrated our 1 year anniversary last weekend so i am not too far removed. ours was a blast, hope yours will be too. just remember to try to remember it :) it is amazing how quickly it goes by and how little of it you will recall.

has anyone here looked at renting a house in the area? seems like many are committing to the surrounding apartment complexes but my wife and i share the sentiment that we dont neccessarily want to be surrounded by undergraduate noise while hanging out at home. We are planning on driving down this weekend to look at apartments, townhomes etc., is it the consensus that the pines and crystal lake are the quieter complexes within walking distance. thanks and looking forward to meeting you all.

my wife and i are bidding on a house now in W-S with the idea of renting it out after law school. i agree about undergrad noise and would like others' perspectives on the above if the house offer doesn't pan out

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:15 pm

rmccord0001 wrote:has anyone here looked at renting a house in the area? seems like many are committing to the surrounding apartment complexes but my wife and i share the sentiment that we dont neccessarily want to be surrounded by undergraduate noise while hanging out at home. We are planning on driving down this weekend to look at apartments, townhomes etc., is it the consensus that the pines and crystal lake are the quieter complexes within walking distance. thanks and looking forward to meeting you all.

we thought about renting/buying a house, but ended up being pretty happy with what the pines offered. we also thought we didnt have time to buy a house his summer and didnt want to deal with reselling it in three years. from what i noticed walking the grounds, the pines were predominantly families/young adults (not ug kids). it was the exact opposite of the crowne apts.....

StephBee

Postby StephBee » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm

I'd be interested in hearing about Crystal Lakes, but I'm concerned about their size. I think they're listed as less than 700 sq ft. I wouldn't mind renting a house, but I like the convenience and amenities of apartments. Does anyone know of any places with washer and dryer furnished? Good luck with the house hunt!

reecje5

Postby reecje5 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:28 pm

I am going to be in a 2 bedroom condo in College Village and I am looking for a roommate.

I know a lot of the talk has been on the Crownes and the Pines but College Village is in one the best neighborhoods in Winston (Buena Vista) and it is less than 3 miles from campus.

PM me if you want more details on the condo, College Village, or if you have any interest.

Thanks

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:19 am

I got the physical yesterday and I had blood drawn and a shot. Now a day later, my arm is basically unresponsive.....haha. On the brighter side, seeing a golf pro yesterday was incredibly encouraging. That 30 minute session rocked my world. I hit some of the best shots of my life. 8)

placencia

Postby placencia » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:27 pm

For those who have looked at apartments, which had the largest bedrooms? I know it's kind of a strange thing, but I have a king sized bed, and most of the places I have seen have standard BR sizes at 10' x 12' or so, and that gets a little cramped feeling. I am heading out tomorrow with some ideas of places, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:34 pm

placencia wrote:For those who have looked at apartments, which had the largest bedrooms? I know it's kind of a strange thing, but I have a king sized bed, and most of the places I have seen have standard BR sizes at 10' x 12' or so, and that gets a little cramped feeling. I am heading out tomorrow with some ideas of places, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Looking at the website, the Crowne apartments are at least 12x10, but that is the smallest bedroom in a 3-bedroom apartment. The larger bedrooms are 12x12 or larger. Looking at the model apartments that had furniture, they seemed large enough for a King bed.

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:02 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
placencia wrote:For those who have looked at apartments, which had the largest bedrooms? I know it's kind of a strange thing, but I have a king sized bed, and most of the places I have seen have standard BR sizes at 10' x 12' or so, and that gets a little cramped feeling. I am heading out tomorrow with some ideas of places, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Looking at the website, the Crowne apartments are at least 12x10, but that is the smallest bedroom in a 3-bedroom apartment. The larger bedrooms are 12x12 or larger. Looking at the model apartments that had furniture, they seemed large enough for a King bed.

I think the bedrooms at Providence Pointe (not on the lists from the school, but it still seemed like a really nice place when I visited) are 15x12 or somewhere in that range. That should be more than enough for a king-size.

Edited: Speaking of Providence Pointe, do any of you folks have any insight about it or Brookford Place? They aren't really near the school, but they seem nice enough. Both claim to have some law students as residents.

placencia

Postby placencia » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:59 am

FYI, I went and took a look at some places today, but I think I'll need tocall some more and drop by again. One place I really liked was The Corners at Crystal Lake. Their prices were very competitive and the community seemed really cool.

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Hey guys. I just noticed on the New Student website that the following things need to be submitted by August 1st: picture for Student ID, final transcript, Immunization record, & Dean's Certification. So, you might want to get to work on those if you haven't already done so. Or contact the school if you won't make the deadline.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:17 pm

tstyler98 wrote:Hey guys. I just noticed on the New Student website that the following things need to be submitted by August 1st: picture for Student ID, final transcript, Immunization record, & Dean's Certification. So, you might want to get to work on those if you haven't already done so. Or contact the school if you won't make the deadline.

Thanks! I was wondering when the picture needed to be submitted.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:08 pm

TarHeel2010 wrote:movement on the wait list soon?? what do you all think?

Anyone hear anything or are they done?

lml09

Postby lml09 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:24 am

Emma1 wrote:

My guess is that since deposits were due last week(post marked by the 15, not received by the 15) that they are going to be evaluating the class this week and then going to the wait list. Plus, historically, Wake accepts a A LOT of students from the wait list. Check out lsn for comfort. :D

Good luck!

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:32 am

lml09 wrote:
Emma1 wrote:

My guess is that since deposits were due last week(post marked by the 15, not received by the 15) that they are going to be evaluating the class this week and then going to the wait list. Plus, historically, Wake accepts a A LOT of students from the wait list. Check out lsn for comfort. :D

Good luck!

Looks like they started accepting students off the WL in april last year, so I wouldnt put too much stock in expecting similar outcomes this year. I would call the admissions office though. They will more than likely be straight up with you if you press the topic a bit.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:14 pm

lml09 wrote:
Emma1 wrote:

Good luck!

I got an email regarding the fact that I haven't deposited yet (long story) and it said the absolute cutoff is tomorrow at close of business. If they haven't heard from you, you forfeit your scholarship and seat.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:17 pm

as mentioned in another thread, new ABA data is up on the lsac website. Pretty interesting (and encouraging) information from what I believe is the c/o 2009. A 98% response rate is pretty solid, so unless there are loopholes im unaware of, the employment info isnt too bad. someone with more knowledge of the data feel free to set me straight.

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Was anyone ever able to determine if students will have their tuition "locked-in" for their three years or if tuition goes up every year for everyone? I would assume that it goes up every year for everyone, but I remember some folks mentioning that some schools "lock-in" the rates.

whenpigsfly

Postby whenpigsfly » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:45 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:Was anyone ever able to determine if students will have their tuition "locked-in" for their three years or if tuition goes up every year for everyone? I would assume that it goes up every year for everyone, but I remember some folks mentioning that some schools "lock-in" the rates.

Sadly, it goes up every year. I think it went up like two grand this year.

Integrity

Postby Integrity » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm on the wait list and received a voicemail from Melanie Nutt. I called back but similarly got her voicemail. I will keep you all updated...

drewtrav

Postby drewtrav » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:20 pm

long time TLS lurker... I received a voice mail from Melanie Nutt last night, and just received a email today confirming acceptance off the waitlist. My other offer is George Mason, looks like I have to make an immediate decision.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Congrats to you both!! :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”