Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:05 pm

kalvano wrote:
moandersen wrote:[the forecast for the weekend looks HOT.



HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

That amused me.

But really, it's not that bad compared to a lot of places. High 80's is like winter to me.


im just quoting what weather.com said. they used 'hot.' haha. ill take the hot and muggy summer weather in w-s over chicago's crappy nov-april weather any time.

User avatar
sufjan
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby sufjan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:56 pm

still haven't gotten my WIN access letter...should I get with Wake admissions?

just sent my second deposit and will be attending the Saturday portion of the House Hunt. Anyone else going?

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:09 pm

sufjan wrote:still haven't gotten my WIN access letter...should I get with Wake admissions?

just sent my second deposit and will be attending the Saturday portion of the House Hunt. Anyone else going?


If you don't get it by Monday, I'd give them a call.

I sent my 2nd deposit as well, and I'll also be at the House Hunt on Saturday. I already found my apartment (Crowne Park) and will be signing the lease on Saturday, but I wanted to get a chance to meet everyone. It's too bad you won't be at the game on Friday. Should be a lot of fun, especially since I love baseball. :D

User avatar
sufjan
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby sufjan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:23 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
sufjan wrote:still haven't gotten my WIN access letter...should I get with Wake admissions?

just sent my second deposit and will be attending the Saturday portion of the House Hunt. Anyone else going?


If you don't get it by Monday, I'd give them a call.

I sent my 2nd deposit as well, and I'll also be at the House Hunt on Saturday. I already found my apartment (Crowne Park) and will be signing the lease on Saturday, but I wanted to get a chance to meet everyone. It's too bad you won't be at the game on Friday. Should be a lot of fun, especially since I love baseball. :D


yeah, i'd love to go on Friday but there's a farewell party for a friend here in town. sounds like people are split between Crown and the Pines. My wife and I are looking at buying a house but renting is definitely on the table. We shall see!

User avatar
Nicholasnickynic
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:48 am

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/cont ... 4F1DB57C85

Got my compy (its the one in the middle).

Got it for 30 dollars cheaper than listed price via wake!

Wootsies!

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:51 pm

seriously, its hot here. my rental car crapped out and I had to wait for the car company to replace it, so i spent some time walking around the area where the car died. its hot. anyways, we got our housing settled and decided on the pines. way better price, similar amenities, and much more mature feel. crowne felt dominated by ug kids and that was definitely something we did not want. the pines are all out of 1bedrooms, and have only a limited number of 2bedrooms, so we put down a deposit on the spot, before the house hunt took away all our options.

unfortunately i forgot my checkbook, so I cant hand deliver my second seat deposit, but I still plan to stop by campus on monday and talk to someone in financial aid. going to a baseball game tonight, and not quite sure what we are going to do tomorrow. maybe drive to the mountains?

User avatar
sufjan
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby sufjan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:57 pm

moandersen wrote:unfortunately i forgot my checkbook, so I cant hand deliver my second seat deposit, but I still plan to stop by campus on monday and talk to someone in financial aid. going to a baseball game tonight, and not quite sure what we are going to do tomorrow. maybe drive to the mountains?


if you need a plae to eat, i went to a bistro/wine bar called sixth and vine (on sixth st). neat place

wakemeup
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby wakemeup » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:33 am

moandersen wrote:seriously, its hot here. my rental car crapped out and I had to wait for the car company to replace it, so i spent some time walking around the area where the car died. its hot. anyways, we got our housing settled and decided on the pines. way better price, similar amenities, and much more mature feel. crowne felt dominated by ug kids and that was definitely something we did not want. the pines are all out of 1bedrooms, and have only a limited number of 2bedrooms, so we put down a deposit on the spot, before the house hunt took away all our options.

unfortunately i forgot my checkbook, so I cant hand deliver my second seat deposit, but I still plan to stop by campus on monday and talk to someone in financial aid. going to a baseball game tonight, and not quite sure what we are going to do tomorrow. maybe drive to the mountains?


Anybody know anything about The Trails? Right next to The Pines, I believe.

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lml09 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:18 am

moandersen wrote:seriously, its hot here. my rental car crapped out and I had to wait for the car company to replace it, so i spent some time walking around the area where the car died. its hot. anyways, we got our housing settled and decided on the pines. way better price, similar amenities, and much more mature feel. crowne felt dominated by ug kids and that was definitely something we did not want. the pines are all out of 1bedrooms, and have only a limited number of 2bedrooms, so we put down a deposit on the spot, before the house hunt took away all our options.

unfortunately i forgot my checkbook, so I cant hand deliver my second seat deposit, but I still plan to stop by campus on monday and talk to someone in financial aid. going to a baseball game tonight, and not quite sure what we are going to do tomorrow. maybe drive to the mountains?



Yay for depositing at the pines! I agree that it has a much more mature feel than the other complexes. Plus they say they rent to the law/med/grad school more than ugs. I move in July 15, exciting! :P

wakemeup
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby wakemeup » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Is our first day of school the 23rd? Or is it the Monday following orientation, which is Friday the 13th?

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:38 pm

wakemeup wrote:Is our first day of school the 23rd? Or is it the Monday following orientation, which is Friday the 13th?


First day of orientation is the 13th. As a 1L, it is mandatory for you to attend, so, for all intents and purposes, the first day of school is the 13th for 1ls. For upperclassmen, it is the 23rd.

Academic calendar: http://law.wfu.edu/academics/calendar/

wakemeup
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby wakemeup » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:49 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
wakemeup wrote:Is our first day of school the 23rd? Or is it the Monday following orientation, which is Friday the 13th?


First day of orientation is the 13th. As a 1L, it is mandatory for you to attend, so, for all intents and purposes, the first day of school is the 13th for 1ls. For upperclassmen, it is the 23rd.

Academic calendar: http://law.wfu.edu/academics/calendar/


But do classes start that following Monday, or later on? I only ask because I'm trying to decide when I should arrive. I'm thinking that two weeks or so before classes start would allow me enough time to get situated and settled into my apartment. If Classes start on the 16th, it might just mean that I'd neat to be in W-S by the 3rd or so. I guess I could call tomorrow and find out. No big deal.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:57 pm

wakemeup wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
wakemeup wrote:Is our first day of school the 23rd? Or is it the Monday following orientation, which is Friday the 13th?


First day of orientation is the 13th. As a 1L, it is mandatory for you to attend, so, for all intents and purposes, the first day of school is the 13th for 1ls. For upperclassmen, it is the 23rd.

Academic calendar: http://law.wfu.edu/academics/calendar/


But do classes start that following Monday, or later on? I only ask because I'm trying to decide when I should arrive. I'm thinking that two weeks or so before classes start would allow me enough time to get situated and settled into my apartment. If Classes start on the 16th, it might just mean that I'd neat to be in W-S by the 3rd or so. I guess I could call tomorrow and find out. No big deal.


Orientation is a week long. It begins on the 13th, and then the entire next week is part of "orientation" as well. The legal writing classes begin with orientation, so you would need to ready to begin "class" (at least legal writing) on the 13th.

wakemeup
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby wakemeup » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Oh....... Hmm.

OK. Wow, I'm clueless.

So, when will everybody be arriving in W-S? I was able to snag a spot at a decent complex but my lease doesn't begin until the 9th.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:09 pm

wakemeup wrote:Oh....... Hmm.

OK. Wow, I'm clueless.

So, when will everybody be arriving in W-S? I was able to snag a spot at a decent complex but my lease doesn't begin until the 9th.


I'm going to try to be moved in around the 1st. That'll give me a couple of weeks to acclimate. Some folks are going in late July. Others probably won't get there until days before orientation, so you won't be the only one who doesn't get there until the 9th.

wakemeup
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby wakemeup » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:12 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
wakemeup wrote:Oh....... Hmm.

OK. Wow, I'm clueless.

So, when will everybody be arriving in W-S? I was able to snag a spot at a decent complex but my lease doesn't begin until the 9th.


I'm going to try to be moved in around the 1st. That'll give me a couple of weeks to acclimate. Some folks are going in late July. Others probably won't get there until days before orientation, so you won't be the only one who doesn't get there until the 9th.


Cool. I guess I could rent a room in a hotel for a couple of days.

User avatar
gogo
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby gogo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:13 pm

would any of you wakies take washington & lee having to pay full-tuition costs over wake with a substantial scholarship?

wakemeup
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby wakemeup » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:17 pm

gogo wrote:would any of you wakies take washington & lee having to pay full-tuition costs over wake with a substantial scholarship?


Probably not.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:24 pm

gogo wrote:would any of you wakies take washington & lee having to pay full-tuition costs over wake with a substantial scholarship?


Only if I wanted to work in Virginia or maybe (but still probably not) for DC.

User avatar
gogo
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby gogo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:33 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
gogo wrote:would any of you wakies take washington & lee having to pay full-tuition costs over wake with a substantial scholarship?


Only if I wanted to work in Virginia or maybe (but still probably not) for DC.


i definitely would like to try to end up in DC, though i know both schools have tough competition in that market and wake has the new DC initiative program starting up...hmm...

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:49 pm

gogo wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
gogo wrote:would any of you wakies take washington & lee having to pay full-tuition costs over wake with a substantial scholarship?


Only if I wanted to work in Virginia or maybe (but still probably not) for DC.


i definitely would like to try to end up in DC, though i know both schools have tough competition in that market and wake has the new DC initiative program starting up...hmm...


After looking at your other thread with this question, the size of your scholarship would make me choose WF. Assuming tuition is close to the same, I wouldn't think W&L is going to give you a $67,500 advantage over Wake. Just my 2 cents.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby traehekat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:27 am

gogo wrote:would any of you wakies take washington & lee having to pay full-tuition costs over wake with a substantial scholarship?


Not a chance.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:10 am

wakemeup wrote:Oh....... Hmm.

OK. Wow, I'm clueless.

So, when will everybody be arriving in W-S? I was able to snag a spot at a decent complex but my lease doesn't begin until the 9th.


I'm moving in on the 1st as well. I wanted to get everything unpacked and settled before classes/orientation started.

I think you'd be ok moving in on the 9th. You'll just have to keep an eye on your computer cause I'm pretty sure we have an assignment for the first day of our LRW class on Monday 16th.

User avatar
minkins
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby minkins » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
wakemeup wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
wakemeup wrote:Is our first day of school the 23rd? Or is it the Monday following orientation, which is Friday the 13th?


First day of orientation is the 13th. As a 1L, it is mandatory for you to attend, so, for all intents and purposes, the first day of school is the 13th for 1ls. For upperclassmen, it is the 23rd.

Academic calendar: http://law.wfu.edu/academics/calendar/


But do classes start that following Monday, or later on? I only ask because I'm trying to decide when I should arrive. I'm thinking that two weeks or so before classes start would allow me enough time to get situated and settled into my apartment. If Classes start on the 16th, it might just mean that I'd neat to be in W-S by the 3rd or so. I guess I could call tomorrow and find out. No big deal.


Orientation is a week long. It begins on the 13th, and then the entire next week is part of "orientation" as well. The legal writing classes begin with orientation, so you would need to ready to begin "class" (at least legal writing) on the 13th.


The legal writing class doesn't start until Monday the 16th. Friday the 13th is the official first day of orientation, and from what I've heard from Wake there will be a picnic and computer training.

http://newstudents.law.wfu.edu/category/orientation/

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:35 pm

gogo wrote:would any of you wakies take washington & lee having to pay full-tuition costs over wake with a substantial scholarship?



No.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”